(Archive) Advertising District / Wickline Lake Amusement Park

• Top Gun%s's Photo
    No complaints here.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Man, I love this project. :)

I agree. Only suggestion I have is too stick with one path type; I think it could really tidy things up. I'd go with either tarmac or crazy paths. Oh, and maybe change the footers to grey? Either way, this park is so fun. I'd like to see more of these.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    ^I think it works fine. Maybe getting rid of the brown tarmac and just having the normal tarmac and crazy path might look a little cleaner?

Glad to hear its back in business! So refreshing and fun to look at! I'm a huge fan of this, and I hope when this is finished you'll do many more!

The only thing is, that after a while seeing the same objects used just differently coloured gets a little repetitive. Buildings that are using a lot of different walls pieces can sometimes seem a mish mash as well. This isn't the case right now and I hope it won't be later on, just want to make sure it doesn't happen :)

Also, I can't think for the life of me what this park reminds me of, a really old park probably 5+ years. Wish I could remember what it was called...
  • nin%s's Photo
    This is looking great. I somewhat agree with the group saying there are too many path textures, but at the same time I really like it. The brown is used just enough to where it's not overpowering in anyway, and really complimetns the foliage. I do think you could make the area in front of Vortex a bit better, as that planter/sign area isn't doing anything for the area. Nearly brings it a down a notch for me.

I am however very excited for that spinner- it looks lovely.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Except for the paths, excellent screen.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Yeah. Paths look like vomit

Great architecture though.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Thanks for the advice, some path tiles look like I randomly placed them there....because I did randomly place them there! :party:
    I'll be sure to change up the path along with the footers, I just loved the combination of the paths, but now that I look at them, I do see them as a bit ugly.
    Much appreciated!
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Update: MERRRRY CHRISTMAS!!!

one of the few super-updates planned :kiss:

there's a small little area in the back of the park near Nightmare & Rampage that I've been remodeling, so far I have this:

Posted Image
    Yes.. Thats a screamin' swing, but it'll be redone do to hacking issues
    Posted Image

Also, a few screens:
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    Atomic is temporarily closed due to the black hole...say what you want about the supports

And lastly, a rare overview:
    Posted Image

Thanks all, and merry christmas!!!
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Wow. Brilliant work, I love every bit of it.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    All of it looks amazing! I love that red trimmed building in the first screen especially. Just my personal preference, but I would put in even more lively colors. Merry Christmas!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Lush. Absolutely fucking lush.

Seriously, NCSO Spotlight coming up.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Spotlight? I don't think so, but gold? DEFINATELY. Can't wait for this. :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    You really ought to do like a boardwalk along that beach there. Overview is fantistic. Spotlight could be possible...
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Building to the left in the first screen

The rest, just as good. Cannot wait for this to release.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    if you can finish this full park, i'll be amazed. pro tip? capitalise on your ability to cut the map at the corners if push comes to shove!
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Some awesome stuff! I'm glad to see consistency!

I'm kinda thinking the fact the park is huge and there's loads of coasters, we're going to see repetition eventually. I really hope it doesn't turn out like that. I'm not a fan of parks with two coasters that are very similar in make and model.

Please don't include a boardwalk along the beach I kinda think it'll take away from the parks layout a lot.

Thanks an overview really amazing to see! :)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    jesus that looks incredible andt he overview is inspiring. amazing stuff. I would probably say best ncso I've ever seen.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    @ Xtreme97: thanks!

@ JJayMForce: thanks, its supposed to be a small TGI friday's

@ Louis: I love lush areas in parks, which became an inspiration, but I don't think it'll make spotlight, thanks a million though.

@ Liampie: Thanks, a gold would amazing.

@ austin55: like airtime said, that would mess up the park layout, but thankyou!

@ Fizzix: thanks!

@ Sammy: oh its not if I finish, its when I finish :woot: . thanks for the tip about cutting map corners, It may ultimately make the map look better (saves looking at hundreds of trees)

@ Airtime: I hear you loud & clear, I'm trying to add as much variation as possible, as the larger-than-average park would without adding anything crazy while still wanting this to be a timeline park...no behemoth-leviathan stuff :lol: the boardwalk was never going to happen, like you said, it'll affect the parks layout alot. thanks for the advice, and watch the throne=yes.

@ Cocoa: thanks, I'm glad you all like this so much, its an inspiration to go on :)

thanks for the comments!
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    i don't like the poles on the 6th screen but for the rest it's GOOOOOD
  • JDP%s's Photo
    good fucking shit my dude. seriously, this is an easyy gold... makes me want to play a little
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading