(Archive) Advertising District / Leon's stuff [RCT2 & RCT3] - Baroque.

• Ling%s's Photo
    I think you've got a few too many textures but god damn that still looks good. Is the wooden trim part of the walls or do you add it manually?
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I think I agree..
    And those wooden trims are seperate, they're beams, but also doortrims and other stuff.
    Glad you like it. ;)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    wow :drool:
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Well then, if you have a a brilliant drawing idea, you can draw or paint it, then try to convert what you drew creatively into RCT and make a scene of it. Try to mix and mingle the two. :mantis: And that building looks really good, the expression from the rainy atmosphere makes it better.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo

Posted Image
    Sorry for another empty building without any purpose, lol.

agree with Ling, too many textures. i think the problem is indeed there is no purpose of the building. it needs a clear direction and function and a more defined theme. just what i think anyway.. and this is the very first screen of yours i haven't really liked. you've got immense talent and can do so much better. ;)

I've been out of inspiration for quite a while and honestly I've found painting and drawing
    to be a better way of expressing myself than RCT recently. I just don't know what I want anymore.

Well, anyway.
    Enjoy.

i agree with Mr. Coaster about converting drawings into RCT. it'll give you more direction, something your last screen is lacking. but like i said, you can do so much better... you're awesome man! maybe just try something different, new and fresh. a new approach even.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments.

FantastiCo: I agree completely. It's an empty facade just like most of my work. The fact that I know I could do better, but somehow can't get there, is making me quite depressed. Parks like Ivo's "Taboo" have made me realize how flat and aesthetically "easy" some of my work really is. As I said above, I just don't know how I can translate my vision into RCT at the moment, so instead I'm taking the easy road, as I did with this building.
    And the lack of energy and purpose shines through.

If you've seen my drawing, you can realize how hard it is to translate those scenes into RCT. Honestly I just don't think I'm sharp enough to find ways in RCT to have that same expression etc. I've been experimenting with new ways of building, and I've made a few video's, but everything failed so far.

I'm just done with fancy buildings and nice themeparks I guess. I need something different to get me motivated again.

Sorry to bore you guys with this, but I hope you now understand my situation a bit better.
    I hope something will just pop into my head this summer, giving me that spark of inspiration I so desperately need.

Thanks again. ;)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Damn. That is gorgeous.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

Damn. That is gorgeous.

are you taking inspiration from this?

http://www.topvacati...aia-Romania.jpg

peles castle in romania. a personal favorite of mine :D
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    ^ Yes! Glad someone sees it. I've been there and man, it's incredible. The interiors are also amazing.

Thanks for the compliments. ;)
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I did something today I'm guite content about! I think I even know what I'm going to do this summer. I will make an abstract "park". In the way that I create different area's with different styles and atmospheres, without them actually having to function as rides, paths etc. I will purely focus on style, character and atmosphere. And I started working on the first few area's.

Tell me what you think! (what you REALLY think):

Posted Image

Posted Image
    (these first two screens have been edited with MS paint, yes, as in microsoft paint, haha)

Posted Image

Cya!
  • verti%s's Photo
    You should theme a ride to a Pink Floyd or Florence And The Machine track, I think you would be able to pull that off amazingly well.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    that last screen is awesome. like an album cover or something. I don't really get whats going on in the first two though.
  • Casimir%s's Photo

^ lol thanks. I just don't have the patience to do a full-blown park.
    I work incredibly slow and detailed, I think that's what's holding me back.

Posted Image

Sorry for another empty building without any purpose, lol.
    I've been out of inspiration for quite a while and honestly I've found painting and drawing
    to be a better way of expressing myself than RCT recently. I just don't know what I want anymore.

Well, anyway.
    Enjoy.

NOT too many textures! Actually screams Disney to me.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I have no idea what any of those screens are supposed to be, leonidas, but it's certainly original.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    This is great, Leonidas, you are using the objects and elements of RCT3 for pen and pencil drawing a 3D paint.
  • NiceyRCT2%s's Photo
    This makes me want to load my RCT3 CD up :drool:
  • leonidas%s's Photo

You should theme a ride to a Pink Floyd or Florence And The Machine track, I think you would be able to pull that off amazingly well.

That is a great idea! I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

that last screen is awesome. like an album cover or something. I don't really get whats going on in the first two though.

Thanks. The first two screens are about movement and space, something like that...

NOT too many textures! Actually screams Disney to me.

Thanks man!
    A brilliant RCT3 genius has asked me for the structure, so I decided to hand it over to him. I have no idea what he will do with it. But when I do, I'll show it to you guys.

I have no idea what any of those screens are supposed to be, leonidas, but it's certainly original.

Haha thanks!

This is great, Leonidas, you are using the objects and elements of RCT3 for pen and pencil drawing a 3D paint.

YES, so glad you understand. That's exactly what I'm trying to do! Thanks. ;) (btw: build more stuff please)

This makes me want to load my RCT3 CD up :drool:

Well, you should. Even without CSO it is a lot of fun. ;)

Palace of Justice Brussels
    - NCSO (without custom scenery)

Btw: If anyone would like to see this building in-game, just PM me your email a address. It is completely NCSO, so you only need RCT3 with expansions.

New screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A big thanks to Joey, for shooting these screens with his gorgeous Nvidia graphic settings!

Cya!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

Posted Image

Refine this slightly and you have nailed the haunted mansion vibe. Very impressive man, i wish i could see some more of this!
  • Ver-co%s's Photo
    Spoiler

I don't know RCT3 but this screens are pretty.

In french:
    Spoiler
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    WOW! Those screens are so wonderful and originals!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading