(Archive) Advertising District / Leon's stuff [RCT2 & RCT3] - Baroque.

• leonidas%s's Photo
    After a long break I did a small structure to get back into the game.

It's supposed to be some kind of Scottish castle. Surprisingly I didn't have to use much CSO:

Posted Image

Hope you like it!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Lovely.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks, Louis!

City Blues

A new screen of my city project.

Posted Image

I might release some of these structures separately. There is a new method of sharing for RCT3,
    where (like in RCT2), all CSO files are attached to the park/structure so you can quickly install
    the required objects necessary to open the file.
    Anyways I might do some WIP releases soon, if someone is interested!

Cya.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Excellent as always.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ I agree with that statement.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Doesn't even look like RCT3 anymore. That is a good thing.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    Wow this is great :D
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Was looking through your body of work during my break at work and I'm amazed. Such inspiring stuff you got here. Do you study architecture or something?
  • FredD%s's Photo
    It almost looks real...
  • mintliqueur%s's Photo
    Totally insane. I hade no idea things like this were possible in RCT3, this changed my view of the game entirely. It becomes obvious how long I've been gone...
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone!

Doesn't even look like RCT3 anymore. That is a good thing.

No, this is exactly what RCT3 looks like nowadays. You should really go check out Sgw or something. Thanks though! ;)

Was looking through your body of work during my break at work and I'm amazed. Such inspiring stuff you got here. Do you study architecture or something?

I study arts, so that might have some influence haha.

Totally insane. I hade no idea things like this were possible in RCT3, this changed my view of the game entirely. It becomes obvious how long I've been gone...

Yeah, a lot has changed. I might open a topic about this soon, show people what RCT3 has become and how it works.
    Thanks!

Something I'm working on:

(unedited)
    Posted Image

I might do a sci-fi themepark, still figuring out.

Cya!
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I have good news!

Finally, there is an easy way to share RCT3 projects and scenery in-game. Joey, an RCT3-technician so to speak, has developed a tool, with which you can easily attach all custom scenery required to open a specific project within the download. This way, people without any, or with limited custom scenery can open projects where a lot of custom items are used. I have already shared this structure on another forum and it seems to be working perfectly.

What does this practically mean?

It means that there's only 2 things you need to do if you would want to view the following structure in-game.
    First, you need to download and install RCT3 with expansions. Secondly you need to download the structure (or any other project shared in this way) and copy all custom scenery attached into: C>programfiles>Atari>RCT3>Style>Themed. Put the structure into: Documents>RCT3>structures.
    Start up the game, and open the structure!

I don't know if anyone here actually would take the effort to do all this. But I guessed some people would maybe have RCT3 already, or be interested to take the effort.

Anyways, use it or not, but here's the structure download:

Orthanc structure - REL

I have many structures, rides and parks that I probably won't ever finish, Orthanc is one of them. So I have been thinking of releasing some of them, if people would be interested. I also think looking at something ingame is so much more satisfying, since you can really see the 3D sculptural qualities.

Most of all, this is a test. Not only to test Joey's new method of sharing parks and structures, but also to see whether people are interested in downloading some of my rides/structures/parks etc. If this works out, I'll probably release some more stuff, maybe challenge people to finish off some of my WIP projects.

Posted Image

Orthanc, the tower of sauruman, recreated within RCT3.

Thanks to Joey, I was able to attach all scenery necessary to open this structure. Simply put the cso in themed and start up RCT. Overwriting scenery might cause problems for your game. Any problems during this process are your own responsibility. Download and use this structure at your own risc!. Me nor Joey will be reachable for technical support regarding this download.

You are free to do with this structure as you please: take it apart, demolish it, just look at it in 3D, or use it for your own projects. If you do use it in RCT and you wish to share it publicly, please note the structure is mine, to prevent any confusion.

This structure might cause lag, due to it's size.

DOWNLOAD - With CSO attached
    DOWNLOAD - Regular

- Hope you like it!
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I decided to do a palace.

Interiors and a garden will be included, after I've finished my current project (A city project).
    As for now, the front facade is done:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy. ;)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    :eek:
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    What kind of camera did you take those pictures with?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    as long as you don't build any rollercoasters, rct3 looks picture perfect
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

I have a new PC along with a new Nvidia graphic card, which makes RCT3 even more beautiful (Ambient Occlusion).

@Cocao: Thanks, though we have custom tracks now which are perfectly smooth, or you can import a coaster from NoLimits if you want it to be even more precise. I still like to play with the ingame tracks and if you're good enough you can make it look very decent, but the angle matters a lot.

In the case of woodies you're absolutely right though, they look horrible in RCT3. I think someone is working on a custom track for those too though! :p

I will release the palace once it is finished. ;)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I was reading about the no limits imports, very cool. But my understanding was that it really makes rct3 lag out?
    Is there a way to make decent looking wooden coasters yet? Because they specifically always look terrible

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading