(Archive) Advertising District / Leon's stuff [RCT2 & RCT3] - Baroque.

• leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks people!

I just found this cool Asian RCT3 project somewhere,
    and although there are some very ugly features, like the rocks
    and those supports, it has given me a huge deal of inspiration.
    The coaster is awful though, haha.

Check it out:
    ASIAN THEMED B&M

Definitely watch the trailer video, btw, it's beautiful.

Especially the differences in landscaping, and height are something I might use.
    It's funny seeing this, as I can see he is partially inspired by thís project,
    yet the way he transformed it into his own thing is inspiring.

Skyline of the park as it is now:
    Posted Image

Cya,
    Leon.
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Beautiful!
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    You are an expert on RCT3! :D
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Those rct3 buttons ruin a great picture for me.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Really nice work.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone!

As you might have expected, the City project has become too big too handle. I'm way too ambitious sometimes.
    To make things worse, my laptop broke down and had to go back to the factory. Before doing so I quickly copied
    all RCT documents, and now I got it working on our home-pc.
    Somehow the Asian-inspired themepark has stopped working, the file has gone corrupt. I really hope to get it to work again.

Here is an update on some of the projects I have been involved in this holyday:

[font=times new roman]WHERE TO START?[/font]

As might know I got quite stuck when it comes to RCT last summer. The RCT3 summer showdown
    was a bit disappointing, nothing worked, nothing was finished. And now the City map has
    also stopped working I found myself having another uninspired period when it comes to RCT.

Several things came to mind, projects I have always wanted to do:

- Scenes of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, like Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Rohan, The Shire etc.
    - Scenes of a fictional, own version of the World exhibition in Paris.
    - A Classic theme park like Coney-Island, but with a more European, classy Belle-epoque twist to it.
    - Finishing my Summer Showdown Asian-inspired theme park.
    - Creating the Efteling entrance "Huis van de vijf Zintuigen".

As a LOTR project would probably end in the same way as many of my previous monumental projects,
    I decided to do something not as huge, but still quite challenging: The Efteling entrance.

[font=times new roman]HET HUIS VAN DE VIJF ZINTUIGEN
    [/font][font=times new roman]House of the five senses[/font]

Posted Image
    The real thing

Posted Image
    Ticket Booths

Posted Image

But as you see the roof of this structure is impossible to create, and all my efforts have failed.
    The result was so unsatisfying that I've decided to stop. I might get back to it later on.

[font=times new roman]BELLE EPOQUE[/font]
    You might have noticed my obvious obsession with the late nineteenth century and it's rich romance,
    refined architecture and elegance. What could be better for me right now, than combining my two
    interests into one project. A theme park in rct located in France, near Paris, around 1900.

Here are my first unfinished results:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll try to keep you guys up to date!

Greets,
    Leon.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Jet coasters ftw!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Very loveable.
  • NGT Amusements%s's Photo
    looks amazing as always! the entrance looks fine to me but I think you kinda started it too high.
    great effort tho :D

*what happened to our minith trith :p
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    you have got to be kidding me....

F**K this is good!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    your rct3 is fucking incredible. i actually really love that efteling roof, you've pulled it off really well. and that other stuff... so good. keep posting please :D
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    That Efteling roof is a hundred times better than I thought it would be, looking at the real thing... honestly you've done a really good job, i'd finish it.

Loving the French architecture too... would be really nice to see whole park in this style. Keep going!
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    Yeah, you really did pull that roof off. Don't give that up!

That shuttle is amazing. Station and supports and everything. Just bank that turn!
  • Corey%s's Photo
    Holy shit. The RCT3 park. Just infuckingcredible.
  • DJ Swangler%s's Photo
    This is truly amazing. You're one awesome creator! I just love all what you've done.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone!

looks amazing as always! the entrance looks fine to me but I think you kinda started it too high.
    great effort tho :D

*what happened to our minith trith :p

Thanks NGT!
    I get what you mean, I'll look into it as soon as I continue with it.

LOL, I just had a LOTR marathon, so I'm really in the mood for it, But I think I don't have
    the time to take on a project like that. Maybe next summer we can do a LOTR-collab, we'll
    have it finished before The Hobbit comes out.

That Efteling roof is a hundred times better than I thought it would be, looking at the real thing... honestly you've done a really good job, i'd finish it.

Loving the French architecture too... would be really nice to see whole park in this style. Keep going!

Thanks! I might get back to it as soon as this park is starting to bore me.

Yeah, you really did pull that roof off. Don't give that up!

That shuttle is amazing. Station and supports and everything. Just bank that turn!

Thanks, you might be right!
    Banked curves can be very ugly in RCT3 though. I'll check it out.

In the meanwhile I worked on a smaller back-entrance, for groups, small events and meetings.
    As an odd tipical feature I chose to include the ticket booths within the architecture of
    the gate. It looks a bit odd, but I like weird features to a park.

Posted Image

I also started on this classic Cyclone-alike coaster.
    But it's a complete hell to custom-support:

Posted Image
    I think you get what I mean.. A member is making some beams for me though, to finish off
    those curves.

Greets,
    Leon.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    sooo goood.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    I don't like RCT3, but what you do with it, is just magic! It seems so real it could be real-life pictures... :eek:
  • NGT Amusements%s's Photo
    OMG! that supporting for the banking part is pure genius. never thought of that. looks like you've found another revolutionary way!

*I recently watched The Hobbit preview and I just shit my pants! can't wait for that...! and yes, we should definitely do some LOTR collab this summer. I haven't touched RCT3 for a few months and very busy at the moment. oh well, at least your screens keep me motivated :D keep them coming !
  • leonidas%s's Photo

sooo goood.

Nice reading this too.

I don't like RCT3, but what you do with it, is just magic! It seems so real it could be real-life pictures... :eek:

RCT2 is good, RCT3 CAN be good.
    Thanks!

OMG! that supporting for the banking part is pure genius. never thought of that. looks like you've found another revolutionary way!

*I recently watched The Hobbit preview and I just shit my pants! can't wait for that...! and yes, we should definitely do some LOTR collab this summer. I haven't touched RCT3 for a few months and very busy at the moment. oh well, at least your screens keep me motivated :D keep them coming !

Thanks! Haha, I know, the trailer is all I've hoped for.
    I will probably contact you about it in spring-brake.

As my Fiesta topic was left pretty much untouched (way too many topics over there),
    I shall post those pics here too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    (I'm sorry for the 'mainstream' editing, I only have acces to picassa at this moment, lol)

Cya.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading