(Archive) Advertising District / Leon's stuff [RCT2 & RCT3] - Baroque.

• leonidas%s's Photo
    I really enjoy discussions, so let's go.

Well, of course they're cities, within the European definition and image of what a city is.
    I'm talking about an international metropolitan grandness, that you can't really define.
    You have cities in Holland with a similar atmosphere though, like "Rotterdam", London, or Madrid.

Amsterdam feels like a village in the way it has this intern culture, instead of a huge diversity,
    and it lacks that typical international vibe. It's charming in a complete different way, but in my
    opinion the typical European historical-city aesthetics have become a cliché within RCT and other
    platforms, I just felt I needed to do something else in order to show another sense of beauty.

@Wicksteed: I get what you mean, imperfections still need to be added, I might add
    some weird features to the older buildings, and all kinds of junk on the streets.
    Thanks.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Here's a better look at the diagonal art-deco building
    (diagonal building is still quite difficult in RCT3)

Posted Image
  • ivo%s's Photo
    It is the same building as the one shown on the second screen of this project in this topic right?

First your rct2 screens. Especially those houses are awesome. It is incredible how detailed you build being new with custom objects. I would love to see a more total enviroment of you.

I find it very hard to react on your rct3 screens. I haven't played that game in ages... But the atmosphere you wanted to give to the screens works perfect. It really feels like new york.
  • leonidas%s's Photo

It is the same building as the one shown on the second screen of this project in this topic right?

First your rct2 screens. Especially those houses are awesome. It is incredible how detailed you build being new with custom objects. I would love to see a more total enviroment of you.

I find it very hard to react on your rct3 screens. I haven't played that game in ages... But the atmosphere you wanted to give to the screens works perfect. It really feels like new york.

Thanks Ivo,

RCT2 is not that different from RCT3 actually, RCT3 is 3D and has more and smaller objects, without object limit,
    but is doesn't have that happy classic atmosphere RCT2 has.

Honestly I don't care for technique and the amount of objects that went into it, and there's way
    too much focus on those things. In my opinion it's all about the image, so if the atmosphere's right, I'm all happy. ;)

It did cost me a lot of work though, haha.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    So.. The timing isn't perfect, but I'm planning on picking up an old RCT3 park of mine.
    It was originally created for a contest, but I never got the time to finish it.

Why post it here?
    I play both games (though I'm a bit into RCT3 right now) and see no real reason to keep my RCT3 work out, while it's obviously connected to my total oeuvre and process. RCT3 inspires me to do stuff in RCT2, RCT2 inspires me to do stuff in RCT3. There are a lot of RCT3 communities, but it's mostly showing off polished, edited screens around there. There is no interest in ingame design and the more theme-park technical approach to RCT.

^ But enough with the RCT3 Vs. RCT2 debate for now, as I see no contradiction between the two at all. I don't see why the one would have to overrule or ban out the other.

I've already posted some of these in my fiesta topic, as you might have noticed.

The (finished) entrance:
    Posted Image

I actually used wooden-coaster track for the roof, inspired by some of the LL stuff on this site.
    Posted Image

A Darkride, which is almost finished.
    Posted Image

On-ride video, of what's inside:
    DARKRIDE - ONRIDE

Off-ride video, of what's inside:
    DARKRIDE - OFFRIDE

Entrance-area. I'm planning to install some shops, restaurants ext. into these structures.
    Posted Image

Unfinished children's-area and restaurant. (made in another map)
    Posted Image

Fancy Restaurant, and maybe theater?
    Posted Image

View from the palace. Very unfinished. :p
    Posted Image

Coaster, and gate towards the Japanese theme-area, where the coaster station will be.
    Posted Image

Is it worth to finish this, or should I continue on my city-project? I'm kinda in the mood for a themepark right now, and this old project might get me started more easily.

I also need suggestions for those little buildings behind the entrance, as I have no clue what to do with them. I forgot my intentions when building them, lol.

Criticism is most welcome!
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    Holy hell, I think this is one of the best things I've seen recently on here. The coaster isn't necessarily realistic, but it does look fantastic in its surroundings so you've more than made up for that!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    <3
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Now this is rct3 that I like to see.

I agree with cf101 though, that coaster isn't really realistic.
    I also think that your work nearly revolves around your architecture but I'd like to see that develop through this park, rather than seeing you build a city, but maybe that's just my cup of tea.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I love all of it. Especially the 1st, 2nd, and 5th screens. Please finish this.
  • Coaster Cow%s's Photo
    If any of you missed the on-ride video link for the dark ride, watch it now. Really.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I can tolerate this. ;)
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I've always known that Rct3 held great potential but I've always been too lazy to explore. This is amazing work, more detailed than rct2 imo. The ability to use diagonals and the freedom to build without the restrictions of rct2 must be a blast to work with! I would love to see a full scale solo in rct3 mark the front page of this site.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I have never ever played RCT3 spare 5 minutes on the demo but those screens are the first that make me really want to play it. The ones in the dump place the last few days were just meh to me, but this is awesome. Trackitecture in RCT3! Love it
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    What exactly isn't realistic about that coaster? I don't know enough about real life coasters, but it looks plausible to me?

Really loving the Japanese gate, the dark ride is very cool, but doesn't really have a story, for me? Maybe I just don't understand it... Please build more!

That kiddie area is beautiful and colourful, really great use of curved paths and water.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    btw the city reminds me of Providence, RI. Where I'm currently living. It looks verrrrrry similar to those screens, I'd almost say it's inspired by it!
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Third and fifth screens: Posted Image Words cannot describe...
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments!

Now this is rct3 that I like to see.

I agree with cf101 though, that coaster isn't really realistic.
    I also think that your work nearly revolves around your architecture but I'd like to see that develop through this park, rather than seeing you build a city, but maybe that's just my cup of tea.

That's main my weak point, somehow my parks always turn out way too monumental.
    I really need to get some functional logic into my brain system, to make it
    seem 'lived'. I'm definitely working on it.

The coaster isn't meant to be realistic, just acceptable for the eye, and aesthetically
    fitting to the area ext. I actually wanted to use an intamin-type track, but there's no
    good CTR or Custom Track for it yet.

I can tolerate this. ;)

LOL, I was expecting a comment like this from you. I know how hard it is to make
    you say something positive about RCT3. So I'll take this as a huge compliment.

I've always known that Rct3 held great potential but I've always been too lazy to explore. This is amazing work, more detailed than rct2 imo. The ability to use diagonals and the freedom to build without the restrictions of rct2 must be a blast to work with! I would love to see a full scale solo in rct3 mark the front page of this site.

Haha, it is!
    But it's quite demanding too. You need tons of patience to create something like this.
    I guess that's why I like to switch versions now and then. But yeah, the results are very
    satisfying sometimes!
    Btw, it takes some effort to get started, but people with a background in RCT2 learn
    extremely fast, as I've noticed with members like "Sybren", who found out he's so much
    better at RCT3 than he ever was at 2.

What exactly isn't realistic about that coaster? I don't know enough about real life coasters, but it looks plausible to me?

Really loving the Japanese gate, the dark ride is very cool, but doesn't really have a story, for me? Maybe I just don't understand it... Please build more!

That kiddie area is beautiful and colourful, really great use of curved paths and water.

Haha exactly my thoughts. But I guess a launch on a B&M track just looks odd somehow, or
    we've learned to think of it as odd. I don't care that much though, tbh.

You're right about the darkride. There is no theoretical back-up I'm afraid. It's more
    of a darkride-exerience, like 'Droomvlucht'. It's a visual adventure, so to say.
    I must say, I made it under extreme time pressure; it is a bit rushed.

btw the city reminds me of Providence, RI. Where I'm currently living. It looks verrrrrry similar to those screens, I'd almost say it's inspired by it!

Lol, I've never even heard of that place, but it dóes actually look alike!

Thanks again, people! ;)
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Don't know what to say :eek:
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Definitely finish this one. It carries such a great atmosphere.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading