Contests / New Element Design Challenge

• Luigi%s's Photo
    I will give it a shot.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Sign me up I guess.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I said I'd join the next official ne contest... but I was lying :p I'd rather make my own layout and have a chance in hell of it getting a design (as apposed to fighting against 20+ other people)
  • J K%s's Photo
    ^ That's what seems fun to me. Sign me up! I'm rusty as hell but let's see what comes from this.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Sign me up.
  • posix%s's Photo

Is there a possebility to see the bench sooner so I (or we) can see already what it has and get used to it. I oftend need about 2 or 3 days to get used to a bench. so if we could that on beforehand we could get started right away when the td file was released. Honestly you can't really build anything already cause you dont know the layout so people wouldn't be able to start sooner, unless they made a generic realistic park, but then they could just copy things from the previous parks and put it in this one also cause those objects will be in it nontheless.

Exactly this time of getting used to a bench is what I find is a measure of skill already. Some can do it sooner, some take longer. So to really create the same circumstances for all participants, we won't be releasing the bench ahead of time. Also, I wouldn't want people to start working on something now to extend the deadline for a few days, even if it were just passe-partout things like parking lots or general greenery, etc.

I said I'd join the next official ne contest... but I was lying :p I'd rather make my own layout and have a chance in hell of it getting a design (as apposed to fighting against 20+ other people)

What makes this easier is that you'll have a layout already. So I suppose especially for those who struggle with layouts, this contest may be interesting. You might also be interested to see where you stand compared to other contestants as due to the focus on standardisation in this contest, it will be easy to compare and rank entries.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    Yeah. This competition is going to expose some hidden talent imo. Theres no focus required on the layout just theming, architecture and landscaping.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i don't know what it is, but i always motivated in competitions.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    Sounds like fun.

-disneylhand
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    I totally would have done but I just started a fucking 200x200 all ncso park. But, I am looking forward to some good entries.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    why not?
  • hosscat%s's Photo
    I'll try it!So it is just "build the park of your dreams"? Right?
  • Milo%s's Photo
    fuck it... I'll check it out
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    What the hey. Sign me up. :)
  • Corey%s's Photo
    Can you tell us how big the workbench is?
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I totally would have done but I just started a fucking 200x200 all ncso park. But, I am looking forward to some good entries.

I lol'd at this. Seriously.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Can you tell us how big the workbench is?

big i guess with black tiles to make it whatever size you want
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo

I lol'd at this. Seriously.

Ya ik it might be a little of a stretch...but I got some good builders to help me. This will probaly be done within the next century.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    we should have a design competition using the reverse freefall coaster! have someone build the layout, it might take some time, theire difficult to build!

on a serious note. are we allowed to build other coaster too?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    ^I really have to assume that you actually couldn't be bothered to read even the first post in its entirety, let alone one of the main discussions over the last 4 pages. Please prove me wrong.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading