Contests / New Element Design Challenge

• Louis!%s's Photo
    StormRunnerFan makes it 52 members signed up, this is great guys!
  • Prophet%s's Photo
    I would like to join, sign me up :)
  • posix%s's Photo
    You guys are fantastic. With so many signups, I'm really enthusiastic about the entries for this. Also thank you Louis for managing this while I'm away.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    any indication when the sign up closes and we get the designs?
    cause now I do have time but in 4 or 5 weeks probally not anymore.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Sign-Ups, Workbench and Submission Deadline
    You have one week to sign up for this contest by replying below. After sign-ups, the workbench and layouts will be released in this topic and each player who signed up will be sent a notification PM linking to the respective post. You then have three weeks to complete and submit your entry as guided below.

Ummm...it's all in the first post.
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    I'd like too join please count me in.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Looking forward to the entries.Some big names,a few unknowns,should be good.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I'm gonna sit this one out. I play the game mainly to build the coasters, so subsequently this isnt exactly up my alley.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Ummm...it's all in the first post.

missed the first "one week". the three weeks I did see.
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    I know I look like a jerk for doing this, but I would like my name removed from the list if possible. My logic for this is along the same lines as "know when to fold 'em". At the time of my signing up I was sure I'd have enough time to do this, but life says otherwise. Plus I figured doing this was better than sending in a blank or unfinished entry.

Good luck to all those who are participating! I'm looking forward to the entries.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    I'm in.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Sign-Ups are closed. Entrants will recieve benches and layouts shortly. Please check your PMs.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Can't wait! :D
  • Levis%s's Photo
    and so it begins

hmmm....the lay-out isn't really inviting to do something fantasy but we'll see what we can make of it.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Hey Louis!

Can you add the info from the PM in here too?
    I also have two questions: Are we allowed to mirror the layout and to hack other trains on it?

"MFG"
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Are we allowed to bury parts of it?
  • K0NG%s's Photo

You may make parts of the coaster invisible if needed, but you cannot change the layout of the track.

I take this to mean that you can change trains, bury sections or whatever as long as the layout itself stays the same.
    Please correct me if I'm mistaken though.
  • CoolCody%s's Photo

I take this to mean that you can change trains, bury sections or whatever as long as the layout itself stays the same.
    Please correct me if I'm mistaken though.

I hope this is true.

Should be some fun interesting designs....I mean Themes!

Little disappointed though, i feel like fantasy got ruled out :(
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Wait...
    Why are there no path blocks in the bench?
    There are only corners in it, so I have to build full tile paths with two corner pieces? haha :D

"MFG"
  • posix%s's Photo
    K0NG is right. Of course you can bury parts.

Can't say anything about path blocks as I'm no RCT2 person I'm afraid.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading