(Archive) Advertising District / Taboo

• nin%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I wanted to discuss it straight away, so I did. And as admin, I can do what I like :)
  • prodigy%s's Photo

After viewing and voting on this I've almost had my eyes opened to differences and started viewing things in a new light.

We've gotten so used to the current 'NE Standard' of making things as realistic as possible that people almost stop using imagination and submissions are judged on how real something looks or feels or simulates.

Whilst I didn't understand what was going on, this lack of understanding made the park more understandable. Everything depends on perception and interpretation and this allowed the viewer to use it. I was really impressed and i'm actually quite inspired to build something without the care of others, building something for things to be approached in whichever way they are taken.

Well done Ivo. Your work is enlightening.

That's pretty much what I thought too, when I opened the park. But I didn't vote on it, cause I had really no idea what would be a fair score. It's real art and real art can't be judged imo...
  • posix%s's Photo
    A park that people want to discuss even before it's released. Good job ivo. I think I'll want to wait until it's released before I look at it.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Can't wait for the inevitable shit storm of "modern art" RCT we get submitted after this.

By the way I am in no way averse to art in RCT, if the quality is high enough. I loved Outpost 23, and also Bomb. I'll reserve judgement on this until I can view it. Just anticipating the trend.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading