(Archive) Advertising District / Taboo

• Turtle%s's Photo
    I still have no idea what i'm looking at, and i'm seriously wondering how you can be getting any satisfaction out of building like this?
  • trav%s's Photo
    I don't get it.
  • ivo%s's Photo
    @leonidas: Thank you! I worked out better than I thought
    @FantastiCo: At first glimp I thought that those numbers where referring to the screens. For a second I thought you were [bril-yuh'nt] but then I realised it was a descreption. :lol:
    @posix: That came kind of unexpected. I never thought that you would like anything in this topic. So I see it as an accomplisment that I have inspired you!
    @Turtle: What is there that you don't get? Those collages aren't actually built to be collages. It are things that I "found" in the park that were so visually intresting that I had to take a screenshot of it. They all have a different meaning next to the collage one and they also aren't present in the way you can see them now (remove base land/remove vertical faces/hacking)
    @trav: /\
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I think it's fair to say that I'm not going to even try to judge this park before I have it open in RCT! It looks bizarre and interesting, but I've seen enough screens now... they're confusing me as much as raising my expectations! Am looking forward to seeing it and trying to work it out though.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I really hope it all makes sense when I open the finished product ingame.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    It's like Lulu in RCT.
    I don't get it. lol

"MFG"
  • ivo%s's Photo
    @deanors: That is a fair conclusion. Luckily the park is almost finished. I am looking forward to your reaction then ;)
    @liampie: I got a feeling....
    @5dave:I really hope the Lulu "I don't get it"(=crap) is a different one than the "I don't get it"(=?) about the park.

Also, what is the thing that you guys don't get. I am willing to explain something but it has to be more concrete. Explaining the whole thing would seriously hurt my spare time.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I understand what i'm looking at, as far as the mechanics of RCT go (no base land, no land sides etc.), but I just don't understand why you're posting screens of them? I don't find it very interesting (yet).

Also, i'm not trying to say that I don't like it, or you should stop building like this.. Just that I don't see how you're enjoying doing it. There doesn't seem to be much end product (yet). Hopefully this will change when it's done.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    ^What he said. I don't get it, as interesting and artistical as it may look like, I just can't find any approach to this at all (at leas until now).

I don't get all the dutch naming which may clear it up - I don't know, I don't get the amount of train rides, I don't get the landscaping, I don't get the reference pictures and their relation to the topic, I don't get the statues and the editing of the screens ingame and with paint, I don't get the unfinished look of everything or at least where it will go, I don't get the more or less tame screens in between which have no relation whatsoever to the other screens, I don't get the texturing, colouring or placement of objects - so all in all, I don't get it.

I suppose you use RCT as some sort of canvas to create a vision, but IMO it isn't a great medium to do so as you only reach other RCT-players with it who don't really understand what's going on unless you explain the stuff. You seem to have great visions and ideas but I'd suggest using sketches (like the very interesting one in the first post), paintings and sculpture as a medium and make a fortune of it in a few years... ;)
    Maybe you just want to shock us. Haha. It's definately interesting and different, but I think you can do more with another medium. Don't get me wrong, I find it very interesting but I can't get into this stuff at all. RCT for me is and always will be building parks or at least leisure facilities and stuff that is connected with them.

"MFG"
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I don't get all the dutch naming which may clear it up

I think it's Norwegian, although "NSB" also is the abbreviation for the former Dutch nazi party.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    im getting high just looking at it
    -JDP
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    aw man, you should try getting high then looking at it. you'll most likely come to the conclusion that you're looking inside another man's own personal galaxy.

'cause you know,, it's just a cell within a cell:

cell
       [sel]
    noun
    a small room, as in a convent or prison.
    any of various small compartments or bounded areas forming part of a whole.
    a small group acting as a unit within a larger organization: a local cell of the Communist party.
    Biology . a usually microscopic structure containing nuclear and cytoplasmic material enclosed by a semipermeable membrane and, in plants, a cell wall; the basic structural unit of all organisms.
    Entomology . one of the areas into which the wing of an insect is divided by the veins.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Can you stop doing that FantastiCo? It's become kind of pretentious.
    I don't understand how it's pretentious.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Had to look that one up posix...

pre·ten·tious
    [pri-ten-shuhs]
    adjective
    full of pretense or pretension.
    characterized by assumption of dignity or importance.
    making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    ^I totally was about to do that.
    And yes, it is pretentious.

On topic: The latest screens make me really look forward to exploring the whole thing ingame.

Had to look that one up posix...

pre·ten·tious
    [pri-ten-shuhs]
    adjective
    full of pretense or pretension.
    characterized by assumption of dignity or importance.
    making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

I'm choking with laughter,, HAHAHAHA this is hilarious*. I'm just me,, this is how i act in real life. everyone around me gets it. you would too, if you'd just be YoU. as in, be YoU and not some pretentious stoopedhead+.

*= won't look it up because it's pretentious.
    += i made up a definition of this word, but i won't post it, 'cause that would apparently be pretentious.

I AM FANTASTICO. Or you may call me TTTTIIIIMMMMMYYYY! :D
  • JDP%s's Photo

aw man, you should try getting high then looking at it. you'll most likely come to the conclusion that you're looking inside another man's own personal galaxy.

actually, majority of the time im on here im chilling on cloud 9
    -JDP

actually, majority of the time im on here im chilling on cloud 9
    -JDP

I hope on the real stuff. Not none of that K2 cloud 9. If you want true religion, drink a 40, smoke a real blunt, then go in-game R-C-friggn-T.

welcome to the show.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

I'm just me,, this is how i act in real life.

Yeah, pretentiously.

Back on to the park, I can't wait to see this finished.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading