(Archive) Advertising District / PrØject CryptØ

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Wow it's looking great. The best thing is the red and yellow theater dome. Those things look great when you pick the right colors. Thumbs up for the pink and red flowers too. They contrast well with the bushes and the rocks. It reminds me a little of P. Ashitaka's last park actually which had a nice atmosphere like this. It's looking less chaotic which I think is an improvement. You're architecture is still a little too simplistic though I think. The color variations are nice and I like the mix of textures just try to work in some more angles and assymmetry. Look at the ancient section of Tropico Cove a little bit, the architecture there is very well done and I think if you employ a little bit of that style you can make it better. Kudos though for the great work, you're definately improving considerably and that last screen I like a lot.
  • Twisted%s's Photo
    Indeed this is the best screen so far!

Not too sure on the bits of path arching up, but who cares?
    Apart from that the screen is smashing!
    Keep up the great work..

Cheerio Chaps!

:w00t:
  • mantis%s's Photo

I like pink!

You learn fast, young Jedi.

anyway, I think that the 3D cinema is perhaps one of the best graphics in the game, so yay. Although most people hide them, yours is on show, so yay again.

I'm very glad you're being more vibrant, and the alien stuff really enhances (ooh big word) it.

Well Done!

*mumbles something about bigger topic than me*
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Great stuff comming out of you, interestign architecture and awesome theming, keep the screens rolling.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Really good looking, colors match, architecture is great, rides are great. All I can suggest is that in a few situations the martian theming looks slightly out of place, but its quite hard to pinpoint it.

Keep it up :)
  • BGTKing%s's Photo
    The latest screen is nice but I don't find it anything special. I dunno what it is but it just doesn't look as good as the others.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Amazing. The last screen is the best so far. The colors go great with each other. Really coming along nicly. That logo is nice also. I was like HPG HPG right when I saw it.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I don't know how you do it. Very colourful, but it goes together so well! Great archy again. This park really is coming along well!

Keep it up!

Metro
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Ok Ill tell you then. I simply click on an icon labelled "PrØject CryptØ" and it opens up this game called "Rollercoaster Tycoon" or something like that. And I use this mouse thing to click on objects and they come up on this big green square. I dunno how I release these pictures to you though.
  • hpg%s's Photo
    Awesome. Colors are perfect. Best screen yet.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    not onbly are the architecture shapes awesome in that last pic, but this is proof of how important proper color mixing and selection is.

How leet.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Hey everyone, welcome back to NE after that short break. But it all does us good even if were bored. Well I have been working on Crypto in that time its been down and have progressed quite a lot on the new area. I will post a screen some time soon.
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Wahey! Its good shit CoasterctNick..however this does not even compare to the other area!

*Stargazer*
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Hey everybody, work has been going really fast and very well. I have started the second area, still undetermined what the main area will be but I have ideas and one is shown below.

At the bottom of the mountain lies the machine, which captures the blood of the humans and inserts it into the creatures that settled in the past area. When the creatures from the past area enter this futuristic land the blood will be drained from the insides. The machine, which allows the process to happen, is "Diffusion".

The machine itself lies here in this screen.
    Posted Image
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    That looks like it came right out of W.O.M.B., and I like it.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Prince%s's Photo
    holy sweetness dude...*speechless*

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I like the colours, although I think it would be more fun if those grey walls were actually the black wooden walls, but I guess experimentation yields the best results!

Just some things:
    - Either change the sloping on that ice roof on the exit to the ride, or place path on it to remove the glitchy 'fully visible exit'
    - Also on the turquoise wooden coaster roof, try hacking brown path onto the flat land underneath it, to prevent the fence from glitching through the coaster track
    - Don't use any more colours than you've got. I appreciate a cool colour scheme like that, but add too many colours/textures and it gets a bit too mad for even me!

Well Done though. Somehow reminds me of EotFR a bit.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    WOW! Looks great once again. I like the use of colours in it, looks very nice

I would change the green bit on the enterprise wheel to aqua blue though, make it fit in a bit more!

Other than that! Amazing!

Keep it up!

Please!

Metro
  • BGTKing%s's Photo
    Most of it is very nice but a few things I don't like. I don't like the snow or the building with checkered roof with brown in the right. The color scheme for the paths IMO would look better if it went along with the rest of the kinda random color theme.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Thank you Mantis one thing that pointed out to me was...

- Don't use any more colours than you've got. I appreciate a cool colour scheme like that, but add too many colours/textures and it gets a bit too mad for even me!

I have that all handled now, I have kept to all of these colours and my good does it make the area have such a nicer atmosphere. There is one colour, which you have not seen in this section yet but you will have to wait and find out when the next screen is posted :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading