(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland

• disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Here it is, the Disney Park I've been working towards for nearly 8 years since I first joined these forums. Here's a bit of background on the project.

Map Size: 240x240
    Peep Friendly: Yes
    Detail: Continue same level of detail throughout park
    Object Limit: Not an issue I'm going to worry about
    Lands:
    Main Street USA
    Fantasyland
    Tomorrowland
    Mickey's Toontown
    Frontierland
    Adventureland
    Liberty Square
    Critter Country

Like Walt Disney said, Disneyland will never be finished as long as there is imagination in the world. This rings true to my park as well, as it shall continue to evolve and reshape until it becomes something I can truly be proud of.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking forward to remarks, feedback, and ideas.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    The screens look really nice, the roofs are a little "jumpy" in places in the first two but I always think with disney parks you have to imagine from ground level more. The base of the castle is fantastic, especially the archway below.

Map Size: 240x240
    Peep Friendly: Yes
    Detail: Continue same level of detail throughout park
    Object Limit: Not an issue I'm going to worry about

You may need to worry about it! Use 8 cars to keep a track of what object % you have used.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    giant hedges ftw! nicee
    -JDP

The screens look really nice, the roofs are a little "jumpy" in places in the first two but I always think with disney parks you have to imagine from ground level more. The base of the castle is fantastic, especially the archway below.

You may need to worry about it! Use 8 cars to keep a track of what object % you have used.

giant hedges ftw! nicee
    -JDP

Thanks deano, I especially like that part of the park thus far. I have a plan for when I hit the object hit prematurely.

JDP: Well of course! Square trees are tres Disney.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    overall very nice. however, I think you need to add some things to main street, like lamps, seats, planters, food stands, store displays etc. It's easy to underestimate the impact that these things have. also, I think that the pinochio (i think that's what that is?) ride feels just cluttered and ugly as apposed to the detailed look you were going for. really those half-tile windows (that are in two pieces) the foliage around it, and the overall shape of the building make it uncohesive and unatmospheric.

but besides those, you are quite good at this, keep going.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    It's lifeless. Add peeps. (Only for showing the screens, afterwards just continue in a older save in the SE, just add peeps for the screen, please)

The basic of the architecture is nice, and I love the fact we are doing different parks, however, I feel that you aren't trying to push it to new levels. No little details, no little *WOW* moments in these screens for me yet. I hope you can pick it up a bit. I plan to have RCT up and running this weekend again, so you sir, can expect a match for building the best over-the-top-most-amazing-disney-park-ever.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I feel the atmosphere in these screens provides the "WOW" moments for me. This truly feels like Disneyland, or at least the one in Anaheim. Sure, it's not the most detailed, or the cleanest, RCT work I've seen, but it fits the atmosphere to a T, and is the most Disney-like park I've seen in a LONG time, at least since Highball regularly advertised.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    I'm with Rob on this one, it has more of a cartoony/fantasy look to it than realistic details. Being Disney, that fantasy look works really well for the atmosphere in your case.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    You're fitting the entire park on one map? I find that to be a huge challenge with a Disney park these days... but good luck. I'd rather go the RCTNW path and do one land per map to maximize the object count that you could use.

Edit: I guess I should add my thoughts on the screens though, lol. I think they all look great, especially the firehouse one. Back of the castle looks nearly perfect, and I love the trees you made. One improvement would be making the bridge over the water wider, as I think that it's way too small to be realistic with how busy such a park would be. At least one, maybe two squares wider and it'd be perfect.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see how this pans out.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^ I'm guessing that that's why he's not too worried about the object limit. More than one map.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    It looks great, and although there's things that could be better, I think it's better to continue building rather than going back and making sure everything is perfect. It's at a very high quality right now so be careful with getting caught up in perfectionism
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    Awesome :kiss:
  • Cena%s's Photo

^ I'm guessing that that's why he's not too worried about the object limit. More than one map.

No, just one map. Same way I am building it, also on a 240x240 map.
    I've never liked the idea of splitting a park up amongst multiple maps, and resorting to such trickery is certainly on the very bottom of my list of how to deal with it.

Cena: Its on.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Awesomeness :D
    Enter the futuristic Spaceport of tomorrow.
    Posted Image

Laugh with Mike and the gang at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.
    Posted Image
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    looks good no complains :)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Wow, awesome. I'd just change that bobsled track to gold instead of the dark brown!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    very very good. i get a strong disney vibe. I would just say to soften the transition between those tan rocks and the water with some regular 1/4 land tiles or foliage.
    Purchase whatever you may need to save the galaxy, at Star Trader.
    Posted Image

Blast off on a journey into outer space on Space Mountain.
    Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading