(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland

• chorkiel%s's Photo
    I like how you put the premium next to the 0.00% :p
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Yeah I agree with robbie, it's good the way it is. There's a reason the midways of Fantasyland and most of Disneyland are flat, stairs would be a nightmare with how crowded it gets there. And there's also a bunch of grandparents walking around the park with their grandchildren, so generally stairs should only be built when necessary

Anyway, the park's looking great, good luck moving forward
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    When I think of any Disney park, the first and foremost thing is ease with strollers and young children. Its hell enough having a stroller or two, but way worse if there are loads of elevation changes. Thanks for all the feedback! I agree with you Highroll3r, it does look better, its just not very Disney, otherwise I'd totally do it.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    True...there are virtually no stairs at Disneyland. They rely on gradual sloping to transition height variations. Even the queues are stairless...employing ramps instead (except for a very short part of Splash Mountain and the final approach to the station on BTMR).
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    maybe some slopes then? purely to bring variation.
  • posix%s's Photo
    You should never add height variations for the sake of adding height variations, hoping some magical cool effect will result. Height variations, like anything you build, need purpose to make sense, and this purpose must be made clear. "Form follows function".

The reason why random height variationing has seemed to work for people I guess is because in real life there are rarely huge perfectly plane flat areas. Even if slight, there's usually some slope. The planet is constantly reshaping itself, after all. Thus, imitating that sometimes comes off as more organic, I'd like to think.

Amusement parks are entirely artificial though, so any height variation costs money and was usually done for a reason, or, it was okay to build the park on uneven ground. The game is not very good at taking this in though. Whenever people tried to build a park on a pre-terra-formed map, they usually failed. I think it's because the height scale is distorted in RCT.

Morale of post: build consciously, not experimentally.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    You should never add height variations for the sake of adding height variations

really? that is what i do exactly. :lol: see when i build a park, i start with a flat map.
    this means that i have to landscape whilst building anything. waterfalls or any height veriation is built around or after ive started buiulding rides etc. thus when the rides or architecture etc are already in place i add some landscaping/height veriation where it would make what ive built better. all in all the point of this is just to say that everyone builds differently, its evident. i suggested that elevation change simply for looks regardless of a realistic disney aproach. i started millwood with a SFMM/disney influence. sf rides/disney archy but i soon went solo and just built my own park. i did this because of the flatness.
    A little bit of an update to get a feel for the area.

Posted Image
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Looks great.Interested to see what it'll look like the rest of the roofing done as it will change the mood.
    If i was to nit pick. Maybe add a railing to some of the seating areas close to the paving through routes
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Very impressive, are thos tables with chairs peepable?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i don't like how square the planters are. maybe chop of the corners with diags? or maybe even make the two closest planters curve towards the buildings to follow the contours of the building?
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    mmm... my main complaint here would probably be that both buildings are the same color brown. Also if you have a tower or something don't hesitate to give it a different color/texture than the rest of the building.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    now that's a bit better. I would recommend not crowding the seats too much, it would be hard for peeps to get to their seats. if you're going to make a specified seating area, surround it with some sort of boundary- I would suggest a grey brick wall running in a semi circle, with foliage in it (makes sense?) and add some pretty flowers.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That is pure brilliance.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah that is really lovely now. Excellent atmosphere, very inspirational.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    great improvement man. really nice charm now. i agree with rrp, im curious to see what the back of itll look like. is it going to be boxed at the back? id have more outdoor seating and make the back like the front with some nice foilage.
  • J K%s's Photo
    I love it even more now. The real park vibe has took it beyond anything you've shown before. Please keep this up.
    From gowns to tiaras, everything a princess needs can be found at Castle Couture.

Posted Image
  • FredD%s's Photo
    That's lovely, I especially like the fountain (or whatever it's called).
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    wow that's very nice. how did you make that door by the fountain? is it just one object?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading