(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland

• disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Hmm, that would be weird. I assumed nearly every object builder had attempted it at one point, just never knew why it doesn't work.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your encouragement and constructive criticism. I've been working on this facade for a while, so I'm just going to try to leave it alone for a while and let some new ideas flow from working on a different area.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    It seems a bit unrefined... The combination of rocks and grass is putting me off here (although it definitely can be done). I'd suggest going for a bit more of an architectural stance on the whole thing, with more silly mermaid-y bits like the area at disneysea.
    Jump aboard the wildest ride in the wilderness on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Brunooo%s's Photo
    I love it. Nothing to complain about.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    The vibe it gives off is great. Really awesome.
    Two complaints which would be a immense improvement;
    It's too brown. Your structures which could mix up the colors are brown too.
    I dislike your jagged rocks. I'm unsure what to do with it though, but I think when you have bigger '' platforms'' of the red dirt it would look better and break up the brown as well.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    i agree on the jagged rocks, try and make it look more natrual and less square. the lower part by the water is great. nice i like the compactness of it too.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I don't think you should change anything. This is cool.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    It's a bit sterile and blocky.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^my thoughts exactly. the detailing on the buildings seems about right, but the real ride is very bright and orange and pink and not sterile at all.
    Here is another version i'm experimenting with, certainly brighter and more organic, but i'm unsure of the messiness.

Posted Image
  • Faas%s's Photo
    This doesn't look gooed. Didn't I tell you not to change anything? :p
    Thanks Faas haha. Just trying to experiment with every option. I've never seen an accurate yet visually pleasing portrayal of BTMRR (outside of Highball using muchas WW objects), so i'm trying to check out every option.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I like the idea with the ruins, but the execution is poor here. It's going to become more about finding a sort of medium between the two to achieve the look you want. This sort of thing has always pushed me away from ever trying a BTMR, so props to you (and others who've tried).
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I like where its heading with the ruins objects but something is off. If anything I'd try using duller reds and browns. I know those colors are probably closer to the real life ride, but they don't translate well in the game. Try incorporating some stacked monorail maybe? I think Robbie posted a screen of that in a similar vein as BTMR. Nice job though!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Maybe this topic can sparkle your inspiration. As you said you haven't seen solid rct-versions.

http://www.nedesigns...h-1#entry562143
    Yeah, I've certainly kept Cena's version in mind, not very accurate which is one of my primary goals.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    Maybe more of a mix between the two would work best. I still love it though.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    The use of 1k ruins would do this a lot of good, but not like you did it imho. Instead, maybe try to implement it to add detail, in a moderate way? So only on limited places, and in smaller buches of them, using more small 1k elements to create more detail?

Overall, réálly love the archy and vibe in this park, my one tip is to really work on the landscaping, which is beneath the overall standard in this park. Another example of this are the custom rock objects, they don't fit into the rct2 style and I think a good version created out of 1k ruins would look a lot better in most cases.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Since this is a part of a solo park I would be concerned about the object limit, but yes ruin rocks would fit the bill.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I definitely think its better than just the rocks. it certainly feels more disney. I agree that a happy medium is necessary. Maybe if you make it more brown/red it will blend better? I also think that it needs to be done for the ret of the ride and not just on that one random segment or it looks out of place and unnatural, it will look better when that style is the norm for the whole ride.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading