(Archive) Advertising District / Busch Gardens: The Dark Continent

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Not entirely sure what this project is just yet. I'm simply building whatever cool stuff pops in my head at the time, and am having a blast doing so.

Here's the older screen I showed in the dump:
    ~-------------------------~
    Posted Image

And a new one:

Posted Image
    I have since taken out the yellow coaster from the first screen, as I wasn't happy with the layout. Layouts are not my strong point, so if anyone is willing to help me out, please PM me:]

Thanks!

-Josh
  • JDP%s's Photo
    your style is getting a lot cleaner, nice work peasant. and i got you if you need someone to do layouts for ya
    -JDP
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Awesome stuff. I'm just loving those market stalls.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    ^Indeed this is:

awe·some
    [aw-suhm]

adjective
    1. inspiring awe: an awesome sight.
    2. showing or characterized by awe.
    3. Slang . very impressive: That new white convertible is totally awesome.
    Origin:
    1590–1600; awe + -some1
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I really like that a lot
    Except for the red brick walls, those don't seem to make sense here
    Thanks for the comments guys. I have been working on this nonstop all day [finally got a day off work that I don't have a show or band practice on haha]
    Someone has already done a guest layout for me that I am very pleased with, so expect some screens of that shortly. I am making rapid progress on the park so far, which while it is a good thing, it is also bringing me to a sort of dilemma.

Should I go for just a design? Or a full scale park?
    If I do the design, the chances of this actually getting finished are much higher.
    But I have a ton of ideas I want to usefor this as a park. So I am still trying to decide what I want to do haha.

Also comet, it will make sense once you see the area as a whole:] It looks better in context.

Thanks again!

-Josh
  • Coaster Cow%s's Photo
    If it is a design, I would recommend changing either the coasters' colors or the orange brick. The red, yellow, and orange all together don't really work with the blue trim imo, it just doesn't scream EGYPT quite like the tan brick ruins by the water (which I like quite a lot :nod: )
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    ^ Hey bud; extremely interested in WestCOT. Can I be a tester? PM me dude.

Sorry, I have to edit my post so this topic doesn't get off-track; not my intention. Back on topic now,
    Well I figured I'd get away from the typical super tan/bland egyptian theme, and go for something a bit brighter and more vibrant. I like how everything is coming together so far, so nothing is being changed for the time being:]

Thanks again!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    very pretty. me likey
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I'd do layouts for ya bro. This looks awesome.
    I am having way too much fun with this.

~~~~----------------------------------~~~~

Posted Image

~~~~----------------------------------~~~~

And the cool thing is, I keep getting more and more ideas for this! Yes its going to be a full park. I am already finishing up this first area and moving on to the next.

Can't wait to show more!

-Josh

{Still need to add custom supports to the invert. Bear with me}
  • JDP%s's Photo
    i cant wait to see what she looks like completed. definitively one of my more original designs
    -JDP
    I definitely love your layout. Having such a blast theming everything.

Also, heres another screen. I won't spoil everything, I promise!

~~~~-------------------------------~~~~
    'The Phoenix'

Posted Image

-Josh
  • Milo%s's Photo
    reeks of fun
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    idd, only thing I'm missing is custom supports
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm really really liking this project, and I'm very very glad that you're turning this into a park. Parks >>>>>>>> designs. I hope you can persist in building at this high pace, and maybe it'll be finished by the end of the year. Would be fantastic! :D

The only thing I'm not particularly a fan of is the foliage, because the colour reminds me of pickles. Your foliage is always so dull, when it should complement the theming! In this case I'm not sure, but it's no big deal.

Don't bother adding custom supports for the sake of it, as far as I can see it looks fine as it is.
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    what game is this rct2 or the other one (i keep forgetting the name :lol: )
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^May I ask, what makes you think this is RCTLL (or 'the other one', as you referred to it)?

I:C, I like the work on this, but I find the road the river takes very un convenient.
    If the river goes like this, it means that it slowly will change into a 'lac oxbow'(google translate).
    That means that the water would go more to the right and so it will flood the park.

Edit:
    On second thought, this way the ground underneath the park will grow as the river fades away, that way the park will gain more ground to build on through the years. Really clever ;)
    Thanks guys:]

Milo, Thats the point!

BG, I am going to attempt to add them in shortly. JDP's layout is phenomenal and would greatly benefit from some nice supports and lifthill. However, being as I've never done them before, I might have to call in an expert to handle them for me haha.

Liam, I used the pickle color because its an Egypt type theme. I think it compliments the sand color nicely. But don't worry, there are multiple 'lands' throughout the park that won't be so dull:]

Piggy, It is RCT2.

Chorkiel, I didn't really put much thought into the flow of the river. I just thought it looked cool:]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading