(Archive) Advertising District / Busch Gardens: The Dark Continent

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Just smoothed it out a bit on photoshop/lightroom to make it look cool for the map:]
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    tell me when I can start supporting...
    btw check yr Pm's
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    love it.
  • Coaster Cow%s's Photo
    Easily the coolest presentation I've seen in a long time. I did a ridiculous double take.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    amazing what a little photoshop can do. I LOVE the map, possibly the coolest thing I've seen in the AD in a longgggg time.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Perfect editing for the map, I love it. Reminds me of the old Sims game somehow..
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Ingenious :idea:

The concept of creating a park map is a great way to give your structures identity. Very well done.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Is it possible to fit one last helix on that coaster that maybe goes above the African Tortoise? Anticipating some tasteful ingenuity with the supports.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    you know, i think that would be a good idea, phatage. it would sort a little bit of the balance issues the aesthetics have on the coaster.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^^
    ^guys not gonna happen. i tried but the pacing wasnt as aggressive when hitting the brake run so i scraped the idea

dude, i love the way youre advertising this. only thing thats wrong is there is no opening when the coaster exits the pyramid after the cobra roll
    -JDP
    Thanks so much guys. Progress is going fast on this. Already about halfway done on the next area, and have already started on the Congo area.

JDP, I haven't added a couple of the Pyramid openings just yet. But i'll get to them:]
    I might have to hit you up for another layout shortly haha.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^yeah please do i dont mind, especially when you're making the layouts look this good. ill do the whole line up if you want dude
    -JDP
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Hey Phatage, what do you suggest about those supports since they'll be a bitch in this kind of dense theming..
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I would say mostly normal with maybe a couple obelisks or something, but making sure not to go overboard. There already seems to be some sort of temple/monument thing going on under the cobra roll, so maybe just expanding that for the cobra roll only with 'stone' columns. It really is just taking a page out of Cheetah Hunt's book; not copying it directly, but seeing how Busch was willing to pay extra for the unnecessary supports for theming should be an inspiration.
    Would anyone be up for helping me out with a layout or two for this?:]

Thanks!
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Which coastertype?
    Looking to add an Intamin, Cheetah Hunt type, as well as a Kumba inspired B&M :]
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Hit me up if you want, I'm interested.
    Mav, I was actually really hoping you would be:]
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I'd be on board for a layout try.
    But that map, wow, thats amazing. Coolest thing in the AD in a long, long time. How'd I miss it?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading