Related Games / Sky @ EarthQuest Adventures [RCT3]

• coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Houston, Meet EarthQuest.

Posted Image

I know what it's like to lose an amusement park. It hurts, especially when there was no logical reason behind the park's closure. If you're as huge of a theme park fanatic as me, it's almost like losing a family member.

Almost.

When Kieren Burke announced on September 12, 2005 that our lovely Astroworld would be no more after the end of 2005 season, it felt as though someone punched me in the stomach. The city of Houston was stunned that their beloved Astroworld would be leveled like a measly shack.

What does this matter to you?

My name is Greg Taylor and I am sort of a engineer/architect/computer nerd that specializes in computer animation.

I have been enlisted by the group behind the EarthQuest Adventures development to redesign the theme park component to bring the overall price tag down.

Posted Image

This is Houston's best shot at having another theme park. With the sluggish economy, I'm going to have to work carefully to make sure this park will be economical without sacrificing the beauty that was displayed in early renderings.

Posted Image

I invite you to join me as I set out on this monumental task. I currently have a blank canvas. I'm starting from scratch. I will be asking you for your input as we progress through the design phase.

I'll need your help.

Posted Image

I will be asking you for advice on certain elements of the park's overall design and attractions. I have already begun designing a couple of the major attractions, but I will need your help fine-tuning them.

Posted Image

I plan on retaining several elements of the original design, but other elements will be reworked to cut down on high costs of the project. Fret not, however, as I plan on retaining the aesthetic beauty of the original design.

Posted Image

For instance, I am currently focusing my efforts on the "AeroWing" rollercoaster, the flagship attraction of the "Sky" zone of the park.

Posted Image

"AeroWing" will be the longest coaster at the park and will feature a diving first drop of 130 feet.

Posted Image

Obviously, there is still a significant amount of work left to do on AeroWing's massive station. The queue will feature interactive and instructional exhibits from Boeing demonstrating their efforts to create eco-friendlier aircraft.

Posted Image

However, it's not all about the coasters at EarthQuest Adventures...

Next time, I'll reveal more details about this park and its eco-friendly efforts. See you soon!

- Greg

A Note From CD5:

Hey guys! It's great to be back! I am very excited about this project. I'm getting older (by years, at least), and I think this is going to be a very challenging project compared to Six Flags South Carolina.

Because I am working, in school, and involved in too many extra-curricular activities to count, this project will not be updated as frequently as Six Flags South Carolina was. However, I will make sure to make each update more interesting.

I look forward to sharing this project with you all!
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    Awesome.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    WANT MOAR NAO.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    looks promising from what I can tell. in-process/ unfinished rct3 screens always bring back ugly memories of the game for me though
  • posix%s's Photo
    It does look stunning. You should have worked with them when they came up with the screens of RCT3 to be shown in gaming magazines or other types of promotion.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Despite having the name of a FantastiCo project, these are crazy beautiful screens. My only gripe is the awkward break run and small drop back into Aerowing's station.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Despite having the name of a FantastiCo project

Haha, my thoughts.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Great sky-editing, I like it.
    I'd like you to go off-grid a bit more though..
    Use the curved walls from Moby and Shyguy to create a more dynamic park.
    Especially in the water area, and that coaster station. One of the most
    precious things about RCT3 is that you can go completely off the grid.
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    ^I feel like you're talking about TRON. :lol:

John...wonderful. So glad to see you're back in the game after being gone for a little while. I still remember the good old Geboldi RCT2 days!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    This is rad. So awesome to see you doing a full-fledged theme park.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo

Despite having the name of a FantastiCo project,

Haha, my thoughts.

Just to let you know, Spaceship Earth is the name of a popular attraction located in Florida's own DisneyWorld. Man, you peeps just love picking on me, don't you?
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Im really excited for this just because it will be so different.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Man, you peeps just love picking on me, don't you?

Then stop painting a big red bull's eye one yourself and yelling 'shoot me'. But we all know you do that on purpose, don't we? xD
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    You've got some amazing story telling and editing skills!

That 3rd screen is incredible!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Thank you all for the comments. I'm incredibly excited about sharing this project with you.

Redesigning AeroWing

It's been a long two weeks. I've been working tirelessly with the great guys at Bolliger and Mabillard on making some pretty significant changes to AeroWing's layout. The higher-ups asked for design changes, and luckily B&M was able to work us into their busy schedule.

Posted Image

The redesign was ordered primarily because more room is needed for a flat ride attraction that will be situated in the area under the overbank turn.

Posted Image

The new design frees up space in the area around the former overbanked turn, while also a zero-gravity roll over the water, which should provide riders with a very interest effect once water effects are added.

Posted Image

Here is a bird's eye view of the new AeroWing layout. Much of the original layout has been retained. My efforts will now focus on installing footers to the coaster's supports as well as finishing the very complex station.

I look forward to sharing with you the progress in the coming weeks!
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I like the second lay-out much better than the first, so dispite the functionality
    you made a good choice!

Looks like an intense first-drop/inversion, I would love to ride it.
    The lay-out in itself looks a bit spread out, and not really elegant, but as soon
    as that space gets filled up a bit, it might work out really well.

I don't really like the supports though, especially with those two first inversions.
    It looks quite undersupported. The first drop need fatter supports, mith more horizontal
    support. I would suggest an angled 'V' with steeljungle v2 for the first drop. Just
    make it look a bit stable and balanced.

keep it going! ;)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    so awseome, so amazing! great job! realy! =)
  • Saaam%s's Photo
    It excites me when CD5 makes a new park. Especially one this great. I'm really excited to see more! From what I've seen, you most likely won't disappoint.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I think it's a step backwards from your other stuff.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    He.. he just started.. He's just sharing less of a storyline and more of a build process.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading