Related Games / Sky @ EarthQuest Adventures [RCT3]

• leonidas%s's Photo
    To be honest, I still don't think the station looks good, and definitely not "green".
    I really like the first pic though, nice architecture and nice pavement.
    Don't stick to the white everywhere though, some color in the architecture will
    bring things to life.

Keep it up!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Thanks for your advice. I am not overlooking it!

The Sun Sets at EarthQuest

Computer software is a really amazing thing. I've been able to simulate what a beautiful sunset will look like at EarthQuest Adventures.

Posted Image

Looking towards the entry portal, there's obviously a considerable amount of work left to do.

Posted Image

AeroWing's sky blue track blends nicely with the warm early morning sky.

Posted Image

AeroWing is no match to EarthQuest's giant centerpiece mountain.

Posted Image

Yes, the yet-to-be-named mountain is a tad bit larger.

Posted Image

Here's another view of the Boeing Store.

Posted Image

Boeing will have a lot of room to work with once they start designing the interior of the store. The building itself is very "green" and will be LEED certified.

Stay tuned, there's more coming soon!

-Greg
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Amazing first screen, and respect for not editing it.
    One of your best updates so far, keep it coming!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Thanks leonidas!

The Sky is the Limit

Here are a few more shots of the "Sky" area of the park.

Posted Image

AeroWing's first dive is quite photogenic against the crystal-clear blue sky

Posted Image

An AeroWing train passes over the Boeing Store.

Posted Image

The floor-to-ceiling windows inside the Boeing Store will provide guests with some up-close shots of AeroWing.

Posted Image

Here's one more overview of the Boeing Store.

Posted Image

An AeroWing train crests the massive lifthill.

Stay tuned for more updates!

-Greg
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I like it so far, but try to avoid having an industrial nucleus -look.
    Create some small buildings, connect them, instead of having
    different giant boxes apart from each other.

And I'd still recommend using some color to spice things up, but as you said,
    you're not nearly finished. I can't wait to see this come to life a bit.

Nice update!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Thanks leonidas for the continued feedback.

Reach Towards the Sky

The "sky" area of the park continues to take shape. I'm pleased with how it's turning out.

Posted Image

The entrance to "AeroWing" isn't complete, but it's progressing nicely.

Posted Image

The AeroWing trains will be blue rather than red as per Boeing's request.

Posted Image

Ride lockers have been added outside the AeroWing entrance. We don't want guests losing their valuables while riding!

Posted Image

Here's a preview of what will be showcased in this week's updates.

Posted Image

Air panorama.

More soon!

-Greg
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    honestly, I'm sort of just finding this park boring. there are a couple cubic grey structures and a mediocre layout. it doesn't have the charm of proper theme park architecture because you're going for this "science-y" learning adventure theme and it just doesn't seem to be working, at least for me.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Cocoa, can you offer any suggestions how I can improve the park? I appreciate your opinion, but "it just doesn't seem to be work" doesn't help me all that much. Also, keep in mind that this is just one section of the park. Each of the other "lands" will have different feels.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It's very plain, very boring and just doesn't look good. If this was in RCT2 we could offer more help, but as we don't know RCT3 we can't offer anything more than what it looks like, and this looks like a complete step back from your other work.

This doesn't feel like a theme park. It has no atmosphere, no charm.

It's almost as if your previous work wasn't your work, it was someone else's and you were just advertising it. Because this really isn't on the same level one bit.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Just keep in mind that this can't be compared to SFSC. It's a completely different style of park, and it's being presented in an entirely different way. This park is being "designed," whereas SFSC (then Charleston Gardens) was being presented with the charm, peeps, etc. already there. There's going to be a lack of "atmosphere," and that's because I'm showing an incomplete park (and only one section of it for that matter).

I try to do something different with every new park. I don't want any two of my parks to look like they came from the same person. Why would I do something that looked just like my last park? I guarantee you there would be people complaining that it would "look just like Six Flags South Carolina."

Give this park some time. I think you'll find that its atmosphere will come, albeit not all at once.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I'm showing an incomplete park (and only one section of it for that matter).

Exactly. That's my point. There is rarely anything nice to look at because it just looks unfinished and doesn't look terribly skillful. It would be the same if anyone started posting an incomplete park in RCT2 like this. But most people dont. They ensure that the screenshots are complete enough to garner decent feedback.

I try to do something different with every new park. I don't want any two of my parks to look like they came from the same person. Why would I do something that looked just like my last park? I guarantee you there would be people complaining that it would "look just like Six Flags South Carolina."

It's called style. You look at all the work by J K and you can see that it's been done by J K. No park is the same or looks the same, but it's built in the same style because it's how J K builds and builds well. I don't get why you would want your parks to look like they are made by 2 different people. It's not about looking like the same park, it's about the building style and skill. It doesn't look like you've put the same amount of skill into this park that you did in the other.

A good RCT3 example of this is Leonidas. Everything he does clearly looks like his work, but it's all different. And all at the same skill level, or getting better each time.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback, Louis. Hopefully as this park progresses you'll see more detail and atmosphere.

An Updraft Strikes EarthQuest

The "sky" area at EarthQuest Adventures will be home to some of the park's most exhilerating attractions, and Updraft is no exception

Posted Image
    Updraft will be the first of its kind in the U.S.

Posted Image
    The original EarthQuest design had all of the "Sky" attractions spread out. I think having these rides interact will prove to be much more exciting for guests.

Posted Image
    I still have a lot of work left to do around the ride, but the foundation and queue is nearly complete.

Posted Image
    Random AeroWing track shot for grins and giggles.

Posted Image
    There are two more major thrill rides left to be added to the Sky area. Stay tuned!

-Greg
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    I actually do really enjoy watching the area come together, I think it's a very interesting take on advertising a park!

I still don't like everything after the first barrel roll on that coaster, though. :p
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ Maybe it'll look better once it's all filled in.

The EarthQuest Adventure Skyline Grows

Below is just a sneak preview of what I've been working over the past couple of days.

Posted Image

This attraction will surely be one of the more exhilarating rides at the park.

Posted Image

Check back soon for more details.

-Greg
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I think this is progressing absolutely beautifully. Please continue!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Posted Image
    The original EarthQuest design had all of the "Sky" attractions spread out. I think having these rides interact will prove to be much more exciting for guests.

Now this is much, much better.
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    ^

Hopefully as this park progresses you'll see more detail and atmosphere.

Looks like somebody was right.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Stratosphere Station

I've been working on STRATOSPHERE, a launched free-fall tower that will call the "Sky" area home at EarthQuest Adventures.

Posted Image

Above you can see the basic structure of the enclosed station. There's still a lot of work left to be done on the building as well as the surrounding plaza.

Posted Image

The "Sky" area is slowly starting to come to life. Once EarthQuest Adventures opens this will surely be a popular photo to take.

Posted Image

Check back soon. I'm working on a lot this week!

-Greg
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    cool
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Reaching Towards the Sky

You may have heard the EarthQuest resort mentioned in the news lately. As of this posting, my work has not been affected by the bankruptcy blabber. I'll keep you all updated as this progresses. I know we all want to see the park come to fruition.

Posted Image

The entrance to AeroWing looks very nice at dusk.

Posted Image

Stratosphere's 180-foot-tall tower will provide some excellent views of the park.

Stay tuned!

-Greg

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading