(Archive) Advertising District / Avonturenpark Montferland

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Fantastic work.
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Looks fantastic. Not to sound as a broken record but its fantastic architecture. Though for some reason I don't like the fountain. It looks funny for some reason, though I cant quite place my finger on it.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    yeah, I don't really like the path. but the architecture is pretty good. though it doesn't really have that sort of weathered-with-time and sort of dreary atmosphere that that concept art has, it feels a bit too fresh and clean, not really like an old european city, but like a copy of one.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Everything looks fucking awesome, but I am worried about the composition.

Peace.
  • Seb%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    'The Old Mill' logflume and the entrance of the Brothers Grimm darkride on the right. The tavern on the water houses a restaurant.
  • Felipe//%s's Photo
    Why haven't I heard of this topic before? It's so nice! I like this medieval theme mixed with such fresh color scheme! Oh, this path type is way better than the tarmac one! I think you should put more pines on your foliage but that's perfect! I'm looking forward to see this in game!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    <3<3<3
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    To much path for my liking. Breaking it up with some planters would do it wonders.
  • Seb%s's Photo

To much path for my liking. Breaking it up with some planters would do it wonders.

I'm not done with it yet. I want to add planters and market stalls to the path but there are other parts that I want to finish up first before I work on that. Thanks for all the comments.

Gr. Seb
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    thats really nice! a lovely european atmosphere and some very solid architecture
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Wow, your archy keeps on getting better and better! Love the themes, and the building quality really starts to get extraordinary.

Looking forward to seeing this released. :)
  • trav%s's Photo
    The building in the first screen looks very inspired by Disney New Fantasyland ;)

Looks good, But I'd definitely say change the greens on the log flume, not a fan of that.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

The building in the first screen looks very inspired by Disney New Fantasyland ;)

So it wásn't just me? XD Feels like Seven Dwarfs house meets Belle's house. :p

If that's the case, it would of course be quite the compliment. :)

P.s. what's the park size and progress on this?
  • Seb%s's Photo
    I was indeed heavily inspired by the architecture in the Replacement's H2H park. I really liked that color combination used on one of the buildings and found it very fitting for the watermill house. So thank you replacements!

@ Ruben, the map size is 100x100 and I think I'm at 30-35% at the moment. There is a lot of work to do on this. Currently working on this part of the map:
    Posted Image

Gr Seb
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I'll be looking forward to the release of this park.
    Nice work.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    The layout should be a little bit longer IMO. I say add a little more after the airtime hills and it will be a winner. :)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    ^I agree. I think it would be really nice to have a helix or some element using some of the space in the middle of the ride, and weave the queue through it as well. It would offer more excitement for the q-ers and the riders.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Plus the entrance and exit should be on different sides.
  • nin%s's Photo

Plus the entrance and exit should be on different sides.

Not necessarily.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Indeed not necessaraly. I have an exmple of a coaster in Germany: http://rcdb.com/968.htm. I've also heard that Skyrush is also built that way.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading