(Archive) Advertising District / Avonturenpark Montferland

• Faas%s's Photo
    Awesome.
  • Seb%s's Photo
    Firebird:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Compared to the previous screens, this is a disappointment :( First screen is OK, but I really don't like the second one. If you want to do an Egyptian/Arabian theme, that foliage is not in his place here. Even if I'm wrong and that's not supposed to be an Egyptian/Arabian theme, I'd change the foliage. And I also think you should do something more with the building the coaster goes trough before he goes into the first loop.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    i wouldnt say theyre disapointing but theyre certainly not as good. i think the path is the problem in the first screen. i dont like the coaster and path being so close to the edge either. fred is right bout the foilage so id work on that in order for it to fit with the theme.
  • Seb%s's Photo

Compared to the previous screens, this is a disappointment :( First screen is OK, but I really don't like the second one. If you want to do an Egyptian/Arabian theme, that foliage is not in his place here. Even if I'm wrong and that's not supposed to be an Egyptian/Arabian theme, I'd change the foliage. And I also think you should do something more with the building the coaster goes trough before he goes into the first loop.

Wow, you really have high expectations from me, thank you :) But foliage isn't actually a strong point of mine. The actual reason why I chose to use these trees is that the park is ment to be settled on a existing location in the Netherlands. I didn't want to use an overload of exotic trees because I want it to look like foliage that is already there. I do agree that it looks a bit messy, maybe I can clean up the foliage a bit. The screens are still unfinished so that might change in the future. I actually like the building on the second screen because of it's simplicity. Gr. Seb
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Well, all the other screens were just fabulous (no-homo). So I was a bit disappointed when I saw these screens. Not that it's that bad. I get your point but look at BTM, it has a landscape and foliage from the American wild west but the attraction is in Paris. Don't look at the Piranha and Arabian zone from the Efteling, because I don't think that's a good example (the foliage, not the archy, archy is good there). I think it just needs more landscaping and a few bushes with some palm trees?!

I'd say, rebuild the coaster somewhere on an empty spot and try some things out with landscaping etc.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeh a total step down from previous work. But still nice none the less.
  • Seb%s's Photo
    Left: Firebird in it's renewed environment
    Right: Oasis Cafe
    Posted Image

The building the coaster goes through is my RCT interpretation of a windtower.
    The foliage and landscaping might still look a bit messy, but this section of the park is still far from finished. I hope this is a little closer to the Persian / Arabian environment I'm aiming for.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Now thats better :)
  • FredD%s's Photo
    That's really an improvement.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes, much better. Be careful to not use 2 wide paths too much... 2 wide paths can be addicting, but it can kill the flow in your park. Vary the width! :)

By the way, the first screen from the previous update somehow reminds me of Rivers of Babylon.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Yes this is better ... The building the coaster goes through is more interesting than before, Its still a 1 tile building maybe add 2 more tiles of building so its like a granary type building. Oasis cafe building looks nice but simple ... I take it the seating for the cafe is across the path ?. Its good but no-where near as good as your previous screen.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Amazing to see someone new and so talented.
  • nin%s's Photo
    That's great. Only issue that could be made is the color scheme, which is very monotonous at the moment, but I don't see that as a huge problem.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Is the photo section of the ride not to close to the path ?
  • Seb%s's Photo
    OK, I might have done something stupid because I can't find the savegame of this park anymore since I've cleaned up my computer. I still hope I can find the working file somewhere else because the savegame that I put on USB appearently doesn't work. Otherwise this park is lost. Gr Seb.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

the savegame that I put on USB appearently doesn't work.

Why not? What happens when you (try to) open the savegame?
  • Seb%s's Photo
    I'll get a black screen, followed by an error (sound), then the game shuts itself down. Maybe I should completely reinstall RCT2 again, I don't know.
  • Seb%s's Photo
    Got this park working again. I left the Persian area for what it is right now and added some detailwork to the entrance and Callaghan's Curse's area.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Nothing very special actually, but comments are still welcome
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    very nice! the footer are floating in the first screen though.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading