(Archive) Advertising District / Python/De Vliegende Hollander

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I agree. It is a bit monotonous. If you plan to recycle this I would put some variation in the buildings and roof color.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Still liking it. Don't be too narcissistic and waste thought on how much better you could would should make it. Enjoy your game and finish projects in short time to stop quality gaps from popping up.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think it looks fantastic. Has just the right amount of color, I think. Only thing I don't care for is the blue wood on the facade up top. Great work, Liam!
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Good to see you're still working in this style every now and then, I see something like a finished Efteling Drunense Duinen (Oh, if only Paul were still active...) coming up. That the kinda style you're going for? (Albeit more anno 2012 of course)

I'll keep an eye out for more. :)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    I think that the pic looks perfect in the way that it is, it looks beautiful and realistic!
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I miss the Pieck blue color. It would add lot's of more atmosphere when you add more colors.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    I think that looks great :) All though, I think you could break up the continous roof over the path just to add more variety. Pm me liam.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    the only thing i can see is what looks to be a peep peeing on the right bottom corner of the screen..

other than that it looks fucking amazing to me man.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Maybe more white plastered buildings would do the trick.

Other than that, you have a great sense for Pieck's style and principles.
    What I love most is the textures, the stone looks old and cracked, exactely how it should be.

Fantastic job!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Somehow I didn't reply last time... but still thanks for the comments!

Update #4
    So... totally not my style, the park is cancelled. The good news: one corner will be turned into a design, and some other stuff from other places on the map will be moved to that corner. So actually, I'm compressing most of the work I've done into a design sized map. And It may not sound like it, but it's not even a forced idea. It makes sense.

Consider this the sequel to Piraña. Same style, same quality, same park even with some imagination. More rides though... Two coasters, Python and De Vliegende Hollander.

The screen from the previous update is what I moved to the coaster corner, though it's not exactly the same. I replaced the house on the right with some fortification stuff. I needed to have a path there, but having a gap in the architecture wasn't an option. A city gate is of course the perfect solution. It's a little high, but I'm quite fond of it anyway. I think it'll look fine in the end!

Posted Image

With some luck, and depending on my inspiration and time, this might be released around the year's end. That'd be awesome. I want one more serious release, because Lijiang is the only 'main sequence' park I did since Piraña and Legacies before that. Quite poor actually. Anyway: 2012. I hope.

Enjoy. And feedback is always appreciated, whether I reply to you personally or not!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    this is near perfection..seriously, I really can't find any glitch in there Liam.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    I totally agree with pierrot, the screen is fantastic.
  • posix%s's Photo
    That's really nice Liam. Stronger atmosphere in your work again. Love it.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Such great architecture here and the atmosphere is out of this world. Fantastic!
  • J K%s's Photo
    Beautiful!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    this is the liampie I love to see!
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I love the tower and especially the clock.. perfect!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    It's beautiful.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I'm going to nitpick and say I don't really love the mixture of roof textures on the building next to the tower, but maybe theres a reasoning behind it? Regardless, a pretty flawless screen, dude!
  • gir%s's Photo
    Very impressed with this stuff Liam. :) You've created a very inviting atmosphere with just the right amount of detail.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading