(Archive) Advertising District / Python/De Vliegende Hollander

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    You don't do the little bunny-hump after the second loop? :p I know it's kinda impossible to get right in rct2 but there's still a bit of airtime there and it's personally one of my favorite Python bits :)

Anyway, I really like the atmosphere in there, especially the foliage is great!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Love the little mast on the roof of that building and those yellow flowers. Overall, just good vibes all over the place.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Hey!

It's a stand-up coaster...nothing like the Python...

Looks nice Liam. :)
  • nin%s's Photo
    Great sight lines from the path, looking over the flower and water to the coaster. I love that.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    god, this is perfect.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Very nice Liam. Still thinking the greenery is too overpowering, but whatever, the screen has a charming atmosphere to it.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Looks very Eftelingish, very nice job on the foliage! It has a nice atmosphere. Don't like the layout, but it's not your fault the ride designers at Vekoma suck ;)
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Completely too crazy. Like an angel is peeing in my eyes.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Thank you all! Glad you like it.

You don't do the little bunny-hump after the second loop?

I think this is the best solution for an aesthetics focused RCT-interpretation. I could've included the bunnyhop, but then there would be an ugly, boring 180 degree turn. I prefer it like this. :)

It's a stand-up coaster...nothing like the Python...

It's the closest to the previous KumbaK Python Trains:

Posted Image

Very nice Liam. Still thinking the greenery is too overpowering, but whatever, the screen has a charming atmosphere to it.

I didn't know you find the greenery overpowering. Do you think there's too much of it? Too dense? Too distracting?

I'm not familiar with facial golden showers but I assume it's a good thing?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    The landscaping and foliage is unreal. It is dense and very green, yes, but I find it fitting. I love the corkscrews going next to the pond, there.

also,

What the actual fuck.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

The landscaping and foliage is unreal. It is dense and very green, yes, but I find it fitting.

It's more than fitting, it's also true for the real Efteling. For instance if you go on the Pagoda (observation tower), you won't see much more than trees. You hardly see any of the other stuff because the woods are so dense there.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    The corkscrews are in the wrong way. They have to go from the outside to the inside. The real ones are diagonal, so that's impossible, but maybe you can change that? The rest = like. Really nice to see someone creates such an atmosphere that is right in the rose with athmosphere, foliage and archi.

BTW, if you ever need some photo's, just PM me, I come there every week so shouldn't be too much work ;).
  • Faas%s's Photo

They're not recreations, but they are instantly recognizable and have the same feel. I'd say it's like 75% accurate.

• Super G%s's Photo
    Aah, didn't see that, sorry!
  • posix%s's Photo

Do you think there's too much of it? Too dense? Too distracting?

I think there are too many tall trees next to each. Like forest in the middle of the park. It's a bit distracting. You've also chosen the bright green tone almost exclusively which pushes onto the eye a lot. I'd allow some bareness of land, some more ground texture work that compliments the greenery.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I think there are too many tall trees next to each. Like forest in the middle of the park. It's a bit distracting. You've also chosen the bright green tone almost exclusively which pushes onto the eye a lot. I'd allow some bareness of land, some more ground texture work that compliments the greenery.

Coincidentally, the next screen might please you:

Posted Image

95%.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    This looks great Liam!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Your productivity and ability to constantly build nice things pisses me off.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Very appealing. Love the foliage.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Love it Liam.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading