(Archive) Advertising District / So I'm packing my bags for the Smoky Mountains

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    This has a *great* Dollywood feel. That's one of my favorite parks to visit, and you captured it very well. I love it so far. Hope you can keep it up. I might consider other trains on it however.. like a double floorless car maybe. But I'm really impressed by this.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    Great pic, but why not also made the Immelmann with LIM-track???
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    @ CedarPoint6: I know floorless trains are more realistic, but I thought the wooden coaster cars looked better in this theme. The riders really have to feel like they're in a mine train rather than a rollercoaster.
    @ Prodigy: Because the LIM-track doesn't have a normal sized half loop. The quarter loop construction would be way too high.

Down in the valley lies the station of Stone Rose Falls, a log flume ride with an unusually high drop. On the right you can also see the Arrow multi-looper 'West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Tornado' and the Smoky Mountain Railroad.

Posted Image
  • J K%s's Photo
    This is insanely good!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    That's one of the best double drops I've seen. The whole screen is lovely!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Nice.

Maybe want to be a bit careful with the rock texture.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I love it
  • Comet%s's Photo
    This is awesome, I love the style you're going for
    It's really chaotic yet somehow clean
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    I think that's easily my favorite flume I've ever seen on here. It just feels so real, without having to rely on pure realism but by really creating the atmosphere that parks like Dollywood ooze with.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Awesome. i agree with posix in this thread about too much rock though. I need to see your tornado, such a unique ride(in real life) and one of my favorites!
  • JDP%s's Photo
    wow havent saw a screen in a while that makes me want to play
    -JDP
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    whaatttttt
    This is sooo good!
  • K0NG%s's Photo

wow havent saw a screen in a while that makes me want to play
    -JDP

Or...apparently, readed a post that made you want to brush up on your remedial English.

Lookin' good, Dimi.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Wow, thanks for all the praise guys, this really motivates me! Building is going pretty well so you can expect a new update in the next couple of weeks.

@ Posix and Fizzix: I agree that I might have overused the rock texture a bit, mostly because I didn't want too much trees blocking the view over the log flume and I didn't want some meaningless grass and bushes instead either. The heavy use of these rocks will be limited to this area of the park though.
    @ Coasterfreak10: That's one of the nicest comments I've ever had, as it reflects exactly my RCT-philosophy. Thank you!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    This screen has a charm and atmosphere that I think no one has ever truly reached before. This is a new level. Fantastic.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I must be looking at a different screen to everyone else. Yes, it's good, but 'a new level'? Please.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    please don't change a thing, that is rather perfect.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I agree with trav, here. While the screen is extremely impressive and I really do love it, it's not extraordinary.

I'd like to see some more extensive theming for the log ride itself. This screen shows this is clearly a 'theme' park with extreme elevation changes, complex station design and detailed foliage. I think you could work a storyline into the ride and convey it with some fun theming ideas.

Change the support colors on the coaster? I think doing this will really make the area pop and inject some contrast/dynamics into the area.

I really like the station, but I'd lose the planters lining the path directly adjacent to the loading dock there. This whole area has wild and lush foliage with bails of hay and dead grass. I know that you can do some "manmade" foliage there to really convey the theme better to match the surroundings.

That said, still a seriously nice job, dude.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

Nice.

Maybe want to be a bit careful with the rock texture.

this
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    You should have merged a B&M looper track for Tennessee Tornado instead of normal Arrow loops. Other than that, this is very beautiful, I sincerely love your Mystery Mine attempt. I can't wait to see it in game! ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading