(Archive) Advertising District / Thoughts

• verti%s's Photo
    I've spent quite a few years working at train stations and I really don't see how this is wrong. This looks just like any real life larger public transportation hub.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    This looks great. Really solid, classical work. The first screen intrigues me especially.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Just to whey in on the station
    I would say a Terminus is the the end of the line like Waterloo or Paddington where as a Terminal would allow through traffic such as this. :)

Anyway Liam it's a great screen, reminds me of Mala meets Levis in a way.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Posted Image

P O R T . R O Y A L

Posted Image

Attached Image: adv3.png

Some thoughts: trains are cloned in paint. This screen is more than the previous screens an indication of the average quality on the map. There's a 'naval warfare arena' with rowing boats to the right of this screen.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    That looks a total mess to me, and that S-Bend is vile.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Very cool. The s-bend works here for me. It's a ballsy thing to do, but it fits perfectly on that block of land. the layout of the woody looks great, especially the big drop and the turn under the monorail structure. I don't know what's going on with the pirate ships in the bottom right. maybe it'd look better if they were more flush up with each other (still positioned in the same way?) I don't know, maybe its the convoluted paths in that area that get me. only other comment I'd add is the palm trees on rocks--never liked that.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    It's got a classic feel to it, I quite like it.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I really like it! So classic. Not sure on the two swinging ships though.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I agree with Louis, the composition here is lacking. You can make well-functioning peep-friendly parks look good, but this is just messy.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I think it's a lot of fun.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    the layout is what makes the surroundings look like a mess. sure, it's peep-friendly but that doesn't mean that flow doesn't need to be maintained to sustain a good looking park. and i think alotta people think that they can be lazy with layouts and 'flow' simply because it's peep friendly. and that is my friend is bullshit. but as i was saying, the coaster layout looks bad from this screen.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Thanks for your thoughts.

I really like it! So classic. Not sure on the two swinging ships though.

Actually there's three. :p The English Navy, the Spanish Armada and the Dutch Fleet.

There's also a trio of motion simulators in another area. They're called Milk, Cheese and Cream. It might sound weird but it actually looks cool to have three motion simulators next to eachother.

the layout is what makes the surroundings look like a mess. sure, it's peep-friendly but don't that doesn't mean that flow doesn't need to be maintained to sustain a good looking park. and i think alotta people think that they can be lazy with layouts and 'flow' simply because it's peep friendly. and that is my friend is bullshit. but as i was saying, the coaster layout looks bad from this screen.

I admit the coaster has some good parts and some bad parts. The good part isn't in the screen. I'm not redoing it because I don't think it's terible, plus it's a stream of consciousness. I can whip up these areas in a matter of hours so this park might actually get finished. Maybe within a month even? I'm not lazy with layouts or flow because I just go with the flow. No pun intended. Hope you like it better when you see it in game. :) Thanks for the feedback anyway. It'll help me with future work.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

but don't that doesn't mean that flow doesn't need to be maintained

I couldn't not disagree...more or less :SA:
  • RMM%s's Photo

I couldn't not disagree...more or less :SA:

edited... hahahaa.
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    I love it!
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Posted Image

T H E . S I R E N

Posted Image

Lots of thanks to 5Dave for the logo. I love it. In case you can't see the screen (please notify me here), here's an attachment. Should work.

Attached Image: adv4.png

• gir%s's Photo
    Whoa...
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Well theres something I've never seen before.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    making good use of one of 8cars lesser known features i see
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Word.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading