(Archive) Advertising District / Au Naturel

• Loopy%s's Photo
    This topic will now become the main topic for a solo project I've been building off and on over the last few months. See my latest post in the topic for an update and a little more information on the park.

Progress report:

Wilderness Peaks: 95%
    Thunderhead Canyon: 90%
    The Riverbank: 75%
    The Woodman's Trail: 40%
    Wilderness Pass: 30%
    Pine Crest Ranch: 25%
    Tomahawk Ridge: 10%
    Frontier City: 0%
    The Fort: 0%
    Potential final area (object limit depending): 0%

Overall progress: 45%

I'm making headway on this rather rapidly so I thought it's time it got its own topic. The coaster is called Pioneer and is featured in the Wilderness Peaks section of the park. The first screen shows an updated version of the one posted in the dump:

Posted Image

The latest screen shows The Old Mill restaurant and the finale of the Wilderness Peaks White Water Rapids Adventure:

Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Good shit. Can't you turn it into a park though?
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Amazing. So much atmosphere.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    <3
  • Loopy%s's Photo

Good shit. Can't you turn it into a park though?

It's on my mind. Once I've wrapped it up I'll see what I can do. Silver Valley started out as a design (Land Before Time area) so I'm not ruling it out.
  • verti%s's Photo
    Looking good, Loopy. I'm loving the rapids finale, it looks very organic and flowing.

(Edited due to ninjaposts. >.>)
  • posix%s's Photo
    Love it. Still don't really "get" most of the details, but I think the changes you've made in the first screen were definitely worth it. The jungle theming fence stacked as a wall looks really cool. Can't remember when someone ever really used it like that. Really looking forward to this.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Is the Old Mill restaurant inspired by the restaurant of the same name in Pidgeon Forge, Tn? Regardless, great work on this so far, I like what I see.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    Quite liking that restaurant/rapids area.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Beautiful. You should move the fir tree so it doesn't hide the horse.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    what an amazing view that would be while eating out there.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    the rundown for the boats seems very short for a drop that big, for the rest, no complaints...
  • trav%s's Photo
    It looks good, but I don't get why you're building as though it's Rct2. Surely if you wanted it to look like Rct2 (All the stacked walls and items and stuff) then you'd just build it in Rct2?
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Holy shit, this is really good...
  • JJ%s's Photo

It looks good, but I don't get why you're building as though it's Rct2. Surely if you wanted it to look like Rct2 (All the stacked walls and items and stuff) then you'd just build it in Rct2?

That would be too easy.

Great work Loopy, I like the improvements ya made to the first screen :)
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Both screens are fantastic!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    that building. wow
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments guys.

@Fizzix: It wasn't when I built it but there is a definite resemblance between the two.

@Trav: JJ partially hit the nail on the head. I find LL much nicer to work in than RCT2 even when using codex so heavily. I also enjoy the challenge it places upon you to find clever solutions with limited resources. It does wonders for creativity.

In honour of winning Best LL Design 2011 and with this design nearing completion, here's one last screen of the rapids:

Posted Image

If I decide it will remain a design I hope to have it submitted by the end of the week, although I do have some ideas for turning it into a full park.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    PARK. PARK. PARK.

This is so awesome. The fallen tree.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Okay that looks really good.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading