(Archive) Advertising District / Au Naturel

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    That fallen tree is genius :D Veryyyy niceee :p
  • posix%s's Photo
    Amazing.

Such a good cliff +2 rides interaction. And all your screens look like you're in a state of really good flow with this project. Can't wait to see more of this.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Beautiful stuff Loopy.

Like posix said, GREAT interaction among the cliff, train, and rapids. I really hope you make this into a full fledged park, but if not, looking forward to scoring this. :)
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Oh fuck yes, this is what RCT is all about!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Fantastic!

Keep it as a design though and save those ideas for H2H ;)
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    And here it is, the solo I mentioned in the Park Updates topic. I've released a few screens of this park over the past few months and I've started making some real headway with it again in recent weeks. I'll dump all of the screens released thus far as well as a little something new at the end of this post but first a little more about the park.

This will be something a little different from me. Kind of my take on Dollywood/Silver Dollar City. I want this park to look naturally breathtaking through excellent use of the landscape and foliage whilst retaining my usual codex reliant style.

I don't envisage this having the volume of themed areas as found in Silver Valley, more a carefully chosen array of around 5-6 themes nested in a stunning landscape which I hope will be equally as enjoyable to view. With some luck, this approach will allow me to avoid the issue of the object limit which stopped me from making Silver Valley all I wanted it to be.

I'll put together a little progress report either tomorrow night when I get back from work or Friday morning when I've got a some more free time. Until then here are the screens:

The Wilderness

Pan for gold or if you're feeling brave take on the park's wooden coaster, Pioneer:
    Attached Image: GoldUpdate.png

Indulge at the Old Mill restaurant and enjoy a wide array of home cooked dishes:
    Attached Image: OldMill.png

Hold on, it's going to be a wild ride on the White Water Rafting Adventure!:
    Attached Image: Rafting.png

Thunderhead Canyon

The old town of Thunderhead hasn't quite been the same since the miners moved in. Have a hair raising ride on The Dynamite Blaster (note: name may change):

Attached Image: Dynamite.png

Name to be Decided

The spirit of the wolf is with you as you race over the treetops, through the many hills and caverns on the park's 215ft behemoth, Nightwolf:

Attached Image: Nightwolf.png

I may post a teaser screen sometime within the week as a Christmas present but that's all for now. I'm having an amazing time building on this park so hopefully I can keep up the motivation to get it finished.
  • gir%s's Photo
    On track for a spotlight IMO
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    As a non-LL'er that looks awesome. Not much more I could say...
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Ooh wow Loopy...

And this is still LL?
    Very impressive.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Too superior. Full size? If so, yes I do think this stands a spotlight chance. You're amazing Loopy.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    please tell me that's a minetrain car as a crate of dynamite, I love that.

I'm not sure what the bank on the bunny hop is for.

I'm not sure how I feel about the footers yet, but you might be able to get the support track to show properly if you tweak the build orders, or possibly do coaster/path/coaster on top of each other. Also this is more personal preference, but I'd set the path to FF.

I think I'm going to very much enjoy the backwoodsy feel, and I do love a good ground-level invert. Love the roof in the invert screen as well- is that car ride over wooden lift? Looking forward to this!
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    If this is full size I'd definitely vote spotlight. Every screen is beautiful.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Those screens really are amazing.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Looks great. You've been holding out on us heh.

Maybe that train could have a bridge in the last screen, even something simple.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    another full size LL solo from Loopy? holy fuck.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I love your LL so much. It's some of my favorite RCT work ever.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    my god this is so amazing. It feels like... it feels like it has the natelox charm, a bit like disney's forgotten kingdoms. but your level of detail combined with atmosphere is so freaking good
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    holy cow. this is incredible. loopy you're simply the best ever at rctll imo.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Too superior. Full size? If so, yes I do think this stands a spotlight chance. You're amazing Loopy.

It is indeed full size and probably approaching the 30% mark.

please tell me that's a minetrain car as a crate of dynamite, I love that.

I'm not sure what the bank on the bunny hop is for.

I'm not sure how I feel about the footers yet, but you might be able to get the support track to show properly if you tweak the build orders, or possibly do coaster/path/coaster on top of each other. Also this is more personal preference, but I'd set the path to FF.

I think I'm going to very much enjoy the backwoodsy feel, and I do love a good ground-level invert. Love the roof in the invert screen as well- is that car ride over wooden lift? Looking forward to this!

I added the banking to try and make it a little more interesting for the riders and to differentiate it from the other straight hills.

I've played around with the build orders and didn't have much luck because part of the support is underground. My plan when I get around to it is to lower the land half a unit with hex editing to try and pull some more of the support through.

Looks great. You've been holding out on us heh.

Maybe that train could have a bridge in the last screen, even something simple.

A railway bridge is on my to-do list along with a few other slight improvements and changes (I need to custom support Dynamite Blaster etc.)

Thanks for all the comments so far!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    There's something about your work that is just so impressive compared to everyone else's. Your ability to produce this standard of LL is machine like. I love it all.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading