Theme Park Discussion / What was your first roller coaster?

• Dimi%s's Photo
    My first rollercoaster ever was the Bobbaan in the Efteling.

Posted Image

My first inversions were on Tornado (now defunct) in Walibi Belgium, while it was still called Walibi Wavre.

Posted Image
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Jr. Gemini at Cedar Point when I was, like, 2 or 3 - I think.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    My first was probably one of the ones at Disneyland; I think Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was the first. As far as non-Disney, "adult" coasters go, the first I was dragged on to was Ghostrider at age 7. It scared the shit out of me. My first looper was Windjammer, which kept me off loopers until my 14th birthday when I decided to try out Silver Bullet.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Space Mountain
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    My first coaster The Wildcat at Idora Park.Posted Image
  • MCI%s's Photo
    My first rollercoaster was Drachenjagd@Legoland Deutschland
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Windjammer (red track) at Knott's when I was 7 is the first one I remember for certain. Although it might have been Cactus Coaster at Elitch Gardens a year or two before (it was called Wild Kitten back then) since my earliest theme park memory is of that park when I was not tall enough for any of the big rides yet.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    Taxi Jam at King's Dominion when I was about 3.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    If it's possible, when somebody reply here, post a photo too.
    Thank you ;)
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    @RamSam: Knott's lawsuits over Windjammer were what ended TOGO, if I remember correctly.

@olddtfan: Lucky! The Idora Wildcat was considered one of the best back in its day. It's so sad that it got bulldozed for a church project that never even broke ground.
    ...A second reason that I dislike churches, the other being the impenetrable 'musky' smell that seems to pervade all of them :p
  • XCars%s's Photo
    Im almost 100% sure it was whizzer @sfgam

Posted Image
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Dragon Mountain at MarineLand
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo
    Either Storm runner at hershey park or The Great White at moreys piers in wildwood nj
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    The Jack Rabbit at Kennywood I was 5 (ironically i rode little phantom later that day)
    Posted Image
    My first looping was this little thing.
    Posted Image
    Mindbender at Edmonton Mall, Canada, i think I was 9
  • render8%s's Photo

Posted Image

My first roller coaster was the oldest operating steel roller coaster in North America- Little Dipper at Memphis Kiddie Park.

Ha, you brought back a good memory walto. I grew up in Cleveland area myself. I totally forgot all about this place until you mentioned it. I remember riding this back in the early to mid 80's myself as a kid too. Thanks for bringing back a good memory. :)
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    Revolution at SFMM in 2001
  • DJ Swangler%s's Photo
    The first roller coaster I rode was ''Le Monstre'', translated it mean Monster. It's a dueling wooden roller coaster, pretty good. I think a couple of years ago it was nominated as one of the best roller coasters or something like that, I don't remember what it was exactly. It's also one of La Ronde's oldest coaster (btw La Ronde is the park). Today, that coaster remains my top 3 coaster. Also, I think I was 8 or 9 years old, was pretty scary by the time, I also remember it was night time.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    My first looper was the B:TR clone at Six Flags Over Texas. I threw up. I guess I was 8.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Hey DJ Swangler, are you speaking french (just asking because I'm also living in Quebec).

Anyway, my first roller coaster was probably Le Monstre at La Ronde or this roller coaster : http://www.rcdb.com/191.htm
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I believe my first coaster was the ''Kopermijn'' (copper mine, actually a standard wild mouse) at Drievliet. As for my first looper it was a classic: Python, at de Efteling.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading