Theme Park Discussion / What was your first roller coaster?

• DJ Swangler%s's Photo

Hey DJ Swangler, are you speaking french (just asking because I'm also living in Quebec).

Anyway, my first roller coaster was probably Le Monstre at La Ronde or this roller coaster : http://www.rcdb.com/191.htm

Haha yep, I do speak French and also live in Quebec.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Not entirely certain what my first coaster was, but my biggest bet would be a fair coaster before my teens. After that it was a kiddy coaster in Juliana Toren I think and my first looper would be Python in the Efteling. Atleast know my first B&M was Silverstar at EP and my first Intamin was Goliath at SF Holland.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Oh God, the original wooden Texas Giant at SFOT...being only 6 I had no clue what the hell was going on, I thought the freakin world was coming to an end...
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Ah, such good memories. Mine was the Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Posted Image
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    my first was wicked twister at cedar point. jumped in with two feet
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    I have no clue what my first roller coaster would be, but my first looper was Tornado at Avonturenpark Hellendoorn.
  • 202mitch%s's Photo
    First coaster ever? I have no idea. Maybe the wild mouse at the EX in downtown Toronto back in the late 90s.

First looping coaster i remember well though... Dragon Mountain at Marineland. Pretty tame nowadays, but back then I thought it was the scariest thing ever! Also one of the only coasters left with a bowtie inversion :)/>

Posted Image
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    My first was Corkscrew @ Michigan's Adventure. I was 10. It was just plain white back then:

Posted Image

Obviously it was also my first looper and first Arrow. I did not ride Shivering Timbers that day, but 1 year later I returned and that combined with another trip 1 year later to Cedar Point really opened up my raving coaster addiction.

Unrelated: HOLY SHIT WHIZZER @ SFGAm without trees? WHAT!?!?!? 0_o (see XCars post, top of page2)

Ride6
  • Milo%s's Photo
    The creatively named "Roller Coaster" (White Roller Coaster to the locals) at Lagoon in Utah.

Posted Image

I seem to remember the paint job being better....

First looper would be Colossus: Fire Dragon (Jesus fuck these names....) at the same park

Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    First coaster, god knows, some kiddie coaster somewhere. First inversion, Nemesis Inferno @ Thorpe.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    My first was most likely 'oki doki' or the 'bob express' in Bobejaanland.

My first inversion was in Six Flags Holland for sure. Don't know which one though, probably el condor.
  • 6crazy6king6%s's Photo
    My first coaster was the Bobbaan, Efteling.

My first coaster with an inversion was Python, Efteling.
  • Twitch%s's Photo
    My first coaster was Jaguar at Knott's.
    Inversion was Demon at Great America.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    First inversion was Corkscrew at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion. Loved that ride when I was a kid...
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    First was BTMRR at Disneyland.

First inversion was California Screamin' at DCA.

First "real" legit coaster was Superman at SFNE. Said to be one of the best in the world.

Posted Image
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    First coaster and first inversion are in my avatar picture. Timber Terror, the woodie on the right, and Corkscrew in the upper left, at Silverwood Theme Park
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    First coaster and inversion where Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney's MGM Studios if I remember correctly.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    I don't know what my first coaster was. My first looping coaster was Looping Star at Bobbejaanland. My friend had to drag me into it 'cause I was terrified of loopings. Afterwards, I'm glad he did. I didn't lost my fear of loopings on that coaster, that happened on Boomerang at Bellewaerde Park where the operator kept my bar closed so I had to do a second ride. But Looping Star closed in 2003 (I guess I rode it in 2001 or 2002)...

Posted Image
  • trav%s's Photo
    First coaster probs some Go-Gater somewhere.

First inversion:

Posted Image

Then literally minutes later:

Posted Image
  • tabard424%s's Photo
    When i was 8-year-old, i rode a French Revolution which is located in LotteWorld.

Attached Files

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading