Theme Park Discussion / 2013 Construction Topic

• Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    I know, I know... For some of us the 2012 season has just begun. But I was amazed to find nothing related to Cedar Point's 2013 project on here yet. I would have posted this sooner but my internet's been fucking up. Anyways, it appears that the new CEO Matt Oimet (spelling?) sent a document to the board for a $25 million investment for 2013 that will include 1. Removal of Disaster Transport 2. Removal of the Space Need 3. Tallest, Fastest, and Longest BM Winged coaster. Which will travel all the way to the park entrance and flip over guest entering the park and 4. remodeling the park entrance for the new coaster.

The coaster was "said to be" 170 Feet and would be the tallest, fastest, and longest coaster of its kind.

http://pointbuzz.com...ry.aspx?id=1778
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I heard about this, but didn't have a link or anything to the actual facts, which is why I didn't post anything. Would be sweet to have a zero g roll or something over the entrance, considering I go a few times every summer.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    I hope it's true, I'm going to visit Cedar Point next year. Could be my first B&M wingrider :)
    There really is nothing "confirming" the coaster 100%. But the Sandusky Register is a descent source. Really all it says is that there proposed investments for 2013 by Matt.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    i live right here in toledo and used to visit multiple times a year. got a season pass this year as a gift so i do plan to go a few times. hopefully it opens before the end of summer 2013, as i plan to move to phoenix, arizona.

my hopes are officially up now.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Currently also confirmed in China we have

Gravity Group Woodie to Happy Island in Tijian
    B&M Wing Rider, Mack Water Coaster & Unknown Wooden Coaster to Ocean Kingdom

I expect to be able to add more soon as the IAAPA Asian expo ended today :)
    RMM - What side of Toledo do you live on? I live on the east, didn't know there were any others on here form Toledo.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Not sure if this topic is just for CP2013 but Silver Dollar City's wooden coaster for 2013 is shaping up to look stunning. This most recent screen makes me believe we may see a zero g roll on this beauty.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think there's a slim chance of that, Pacificoaster. It's banking from the right side of the screen, not left, correct?
    Posted Image

Holy S#!T. Silver Dollar City 2013 is gonna be awesome.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    That looks awesome.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Woah.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Wow, didn't expect that. Cannot wait for a POV of this one.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Pacific when were you at SDC? I was there yesterday!24 hour old pics.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

I think the few more crossbeams you can see on mine really show it will turn back right and not left, which would just be a stengal dive. You can also see that the track is wood, not like the steel Texas Giant.
    Also, I can almost garuntee this is going to have the steepest wooden drop. It's VERY close to vertical.
    I was never there, I found that pic over at ThemeParkReview. That thing just looks bonkers!
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Seriously, that thing looks ridiculous. We were there last 4th of July and had a blast at the park. May have to make another trip there sooner than I thought we would.
  • Twitch%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Oh look. Foundation.
    Speaking of GCI's. Fun Spot and Great Coasters International just released an animated POV of White Lightning.

This coaster looks really great, IMO.

Park: Fun Spot America
    Ride Name: White Lightning
    Design: Out and back GCI Wooden Coaster
  • Wanted%s's Photo

Posted Image
    Oh look. Foundation.

About time my hometown park puts that GCI in... been like 5 years since the plans were released.
    Park: Etnaland
    Ride Name: The Storm
    Design: Mack

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading