Theme Park Discussion / 2013 Construction Topic

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    This isn't 2013, but did anyone ride this one yet? Looks like it's really well themed and it has a custom layout! Would love to see an overview of this as I can't really get the whole layout from the pics on rcdb.

OzIris (b&m inverted @ parc asterix, france)
    http://rcdb.com/9675.htm
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    http://youtu.be/eC3lUGzPEdw
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Yea, the Chinese firewall is pretty fucking terrible... else I'd be all over youtube right now.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    New for 2013
    White Lightning
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    ^ Looks cool for a short ride. The unusual out-and-back airtime-heavy layout reminds me a lot of German El Toro, which is a very good thing. I'll definitely need to revisit Florida again sometime soon, they've added a lot in the past couple years.

^^^^ OzIris has an interesting layout compared to much of what B&M has made (double zero-g's!), but it's still pretty tame. After the first couple elements it loses a lot of speed and really drags through the rest of the course. It also had an rough spot on the first drop, which was odd for a brand new ride. Otherwise the theming is nice and it's a fun ride, but it just doesn't compare to their better invert designs (Nemesis, Montu, Alpengeist, Pyrenees, B:TR, Katun, Le Monster).

So far for 2013 I'm looking forward to Full Throttle (SFMM), Outlaw (SDC), and the CP Wingrider.
  • RMM%s's Photo

RMM - What side of Toledo do you live on? I live on the east, didn't know there were any others on here form Toledo.

little late here but... over on the west near whitmer.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    shit. as if silver dollar city wasn't already one of the best parks out there. shame though, I can't imagine being back in branson missouri for years...
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    The layout of Silver Dollar City's 2013 coaster has been leaked, but is removed now. Apparently it has a double barrel roll. The official announcement is in 10 days so we'll know for sure then.
    RMC is going to have a really bright future based on this installment at SDC and last years New Texas Giant. A double barrel roll? I mean holy crap.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    ^ I just hope RMC can get inversions right unlike RCCA with Son of Beast. Wood coaster technology has come a long way since then so I really have no doubts about that.
  • GigaG%s's Photo

RMM - What side of Toledo do you live on? I live on the east, didn't know there were any others on here form Toledo.

I live in the Toledo area, but for privacy reasons I'm not going to say what part/suburb I live in.

Three Toledoans on NE? Wow...
    Posted Image

Leaked coaster layout for Silver Dollar City 2013. Are you kidding me? This thing looks bananas!
  • trav%s's Photo
    It looks very short...
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Barrel Roll on a wooden?! That's so crazy!
    double barrel roll*
  • Twitch%s's Photo
    All the way.

By the way.
    Posted Image
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Hooolllyyy shitttt that is amazing.
    That would make sense with the "Gold Striker" name Cedar Fair just obtained rights for. Au13 = Gold (2013 release) and "Striking" new records. Bring on that GCI!

Posted Image
  • Twitch%s's Photo
    It's gone vertical! Yes!
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    I heard that cedar point has closed down disaster transport and their space needle. Has any one heard what they are going to put in new space. My guess is a new coaster because thy want to keep up their tally

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading