Custom Scenery Exchange / Render8 Custom Scenery Thread

• render8%s's Photo
    First and somewhat iffy attempt at a stall, World Famous Burgers, selling burgers and drinks. Designed from scratch so no recycled graphics here. Hope it goes over ok.

Here's a few quick ingame shots.

Attached File  R8BBAR1_001.jpg (37.36KB)
    downloads: 64

Attached File  R8BBAR1_002.jpg (209.69KB)
    downloads: 66

Attached File  R8BBAR1_003.jpg (253.13KB)
    downloads: 64

Attached File  R8BBAR1_004.jpg (243.38KB)
    downloads: 57

Attached Files

• olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Looks really good you have the gift LOL.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    still looks off a bit... I THINK it might be due to the rather pale-ish colors you used for it, compared to the really colorful original stalls..
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks for your honesty Casimir. I definitely agree with you. I think I could have been a little more colorful with things a bit. At least now that I know what is involved, I have some other plans which may hopefully turn out a little better. Better days ahead I suppose. :)
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Here is a pic to use as a idea for the shops I had in mind use a bust of the monsters head to make a shop from..

Attached Files

• lucas92%s's Photo
    ^I can't see no use for this...

render8, the shop looks good, but I don't think I would use it... :S
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks lucas92 for your feedback. I know I'm not going to hit a winner every time with this stuff. I know I have plans of using this stuff at some point for myself in my own park, once I get enough to build with, and maybe make some modifications down the road to things. Just having fun doing my thing, and having fun sharing. I guess if anything, this stuff will be here for future downloaders.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I probably won't use them either , i think shops with a low clearance (like the toilets) would be great to have (to get rid of the clipping problem when you use walls instead of quarter or full tile blocks to put around it), and it probably wouldn't matter what they look like ,since most people here put there own structure around it.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    I have an idea for you, I think that this would be helpful for everybody, you can make this lights shiny?
    Attached File  light.PNG (200.24KB)
    downloads: 123
    Thank you. :)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Those are colored IP deco blocks.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    I know that casimir...
  • wayniepainie%s's Photo

Here is a pic to use as a idea for the shops I had in mind use a bust of the monsters head to make a shop from..

It's been done before
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Some really nice renders of real life animals would be fantastic! I think that you could make some incredible versions of them.
    Monkeys, Giraffes, Jaguars, Kangaroos, Crocodiles, Tigers, etc:]

Just an idea!
  • render8%s's Photo
    Not a bad idea In:Cities :). I may even try my hand at some animatronic animals too if I can get my head around that. You know, the really bad thing about this whole custom scenery making thing is, it seems just about EVERYTHING has been done, at one point or another. I was having a look through that RCT2objectlist.com database, and it's kind of discouraging in a way because anything I have thought of doing so far, has been done. Kind of hard to make anything anymore without repeating an idea it seems.

I just don't think I'm advanced enough just yet to try the stuff like the Amazing Earl did with his custom rides and stuff. I kind of have to stick to simple stuff first, so whatever I'm doing has to be in my ability range. I'm always open for new ideas, just can't promise I'll deliver everytime. This stuff is pretty time consuming.

It's been done before

There has been a monster shop like that built before? Do you know where I could find it? I would be curious to see it myself.
  • render8%s's Photo
    removed
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    It's not so much about making new objects anymore as it is improving on old ones.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo

Not a bad idea In:Cities :). I may even try my hand at some animatronic animals too if I can get my head around that. You know, the really bad thing about this whole custom scenery making thing is, it seems just about EVERYTHING has been done, at one point or another. I was having a look through that RCT2objectlist.com database, and it's kind of discouraging in a way because anything I have thought of doing so far, has been done. Kind of hard to make anything anymore without repeating an idea it seems.

I just don't think I'm advanced enough just yet to try the stuff like the Amazing Earl did with his custom rides and stuff. I kind of have to stick to simple stuff first, so whatever I'm doing has to be in my ability range. I'm always open for new ideas, just can't promise I'll deliver everytime. This stuff is pretty time consuming.

There has been a monster shop like that built before? Do you know where I could find it? I would be curious to see it myself.

the dat is not to be found anywhere that's why I asked for it to be made.
  • render8%s's Photo
    Hey everyone, just wanted to give a little glimpse into a work in progress - Mr. Fun. Just another shop I was working on for a few days now, selling balloons and cuddly toys. I'll update this post with the actual DAT and new images once it's done, but I just thought since I've been sitting on this for a few days now, I'd get it out. Still some remapping to do on the colors and a few model details to add. :)

Quick Ingame Shot

Posted Image

and ObjectEditor views

Posted Image

Sorry if it wouldn't be much use for anyone, just a fun idea I had, though still more work to be done yet.

@olddtfan51 - I'm still twirling around some ideas for your shop requests. ;)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Nice work, looks good.
    Would be nice for a kiddy area in the park.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    in what program you make the pics?
    btw, nice work

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading