Custom Scenery Exchange / Render8 Custom Scenery Thread

• render8%s's Photo
    @Arjan v l - Thanks, glad you like. :)

@BC(rct2) - For shops, I've ben using the combination of Google Sketchup and 3D Studio Max. I build the shops in sketchup because I think sketchup is faster for stuff like this rather than modeling it in 3D Max, then I import the objects into 3D Studio Max where I have all my cameras and lights already setup. I've been a 3D Max user for a few years now and it works perfect for this type of stuff, though a little overkill for just this. Only the shop itself is done in sketchup. Other little details like the shop signs, lights, balloons and bear were done in 3D max.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    thx! can you send me the link of the programs? is just to be sure that I don't do things wrongs.
  • render8%s's Photo
    ^ Well, 3D max is pretty pricey, however, Sketchup is free. There are other 3D modeling apps which may even be free as well, though I really wouldn't know as i've been on 3D Max for a few years now, and it's all I've used.

Google Sketchup
    Google Sketchup

and here's 3D Max, only because you asked. :p BTW, they have a trial version to try it out if you decide you'd like to use it beyond RCT2.
    3D Studio Max
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    thank you! :)
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    That is a NICE shop! I can actually see that getting used =D
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks casimir, I'm glad it might have some uses for someone. I am actually kind of eager to use this one for myself as well, but as I said, I just have to detail it some more as it still feels incomplete to me, but for the most part, the main parts are done. I just have to be careful not to overdo it and end up with a pixelated mess of crap.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Thanks for letting me know and when you finish that shop I could use it.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Fix Kumba's pole, and I would love you forever.
  • render8%s's Photo
    Ok everyone, this is the final version of Mr Fun ready for ingame use. I was a little up in the air on whether or not to color map the balloons and stuff, but I kind of liked the multicolor look rather than having all one color. I guess that's fixable in objecteditor if it's really that big of a concern though. Just a few details added, like the toys in the stall hanging and some coloring fixed. Hope you enjoy. :)

4 view shot -

Attached File  objecteditorview002.jpg (35.8KB)
    downloads: 43

and my usual half thrown together ingame shot. ;) -

Attached File  mfun2_ingame_003.jpg (228.56KB)
    downloads: 44

and the DAT -

Attached File  R8MFUN2.DAT (26.65KB)
    downloads: 19
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Nice stuff! I'm glad we have a new skilled object maker here at this site!
    What I'd love to see where some custom rides. A Gerstlauer Eurofighter, a Maurer Söhne XCars, a Spinning and such.
    If you have the skills for that - those would definately enhance the game even more.

Keep it up!

"MFG"
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks 5dave. Just taking it one day at a time as far as moving into bigger projects like custom rides. I would really love to do it, to be honest, just have to put myself into a proper frame of mind to devote the time to learning it. After reading up on Amazing Earls process for making custom rides, it looks like a really big thing, with the hundreds of animation frames and trial and errors. I'm just hoping to get to that point some day, but for now, I gotta stick to the tiny things. :p
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    ^Yeah I can imagine. I'm just happy one guy has the balls to face that eventually in the future ;)

"MFG"
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^Agreed. I really respect you man! It truly is a pleasure to have you around the site:]
  • render8%s's Photo
    LOL, well, I'm going to certainly see how much balls I really have one day, but I'm really hoping to be able to have people test things out for me over time and give me honest feedback, because I think once I hit the new ride making part of everything, I'm not promising anything pretty. :)

Like I said, I just have to start small because even for simple little things like this, I'm all the time finding different ways to make things 'fit' a little better in the game each time, though not always a success. Thanks again everyone. :)
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    I just ckecked out your stand in my test park it works fine and look's good from all angel's with what I see in the small stuff you will do just fine keep at it. :mantis:
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    The pink tree from that high compression screen looks amazing! And the shop looks like it could have made it in the original game. ;)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I really enjoy this work. Great to have a dedicated and active object maker here. I would like to see maybe a larger( Liampie scale) tree, but not completely vertical, kind of leaning. Would be great for creating little shadowy seating areas and the like. I'm thinking it should be larger enough to start leaning by the 6-7 clearance, if this makes any sense. The trees which are in the game or made by others are 'perfect', all standing straight and tall. I'm thinking a bent tree, so it leans over a tile or 2(depending if it's 1x1 or 2x2). I hope any of this makes sense!
  • render8%s's Photo
    Heya Fizzix, makes perfectly good sense. Never really thought about doing a leaning tree myself to be honest. I'm thinking of going back here pretty soon and making another round of trees for my collection, so I may just end up trying out a few leaning shade trees, just to see how it would come out. I would probably end up going 2x2 for a leaning tree though, otherwise I would have to make it pretty small to fit the 1x1 tile. I don't know though, I'll have to experiment.

Thank you lucas for the really kind words. I'm really glad you guys are enjoying the works. I know I just love making this stuff, and to be quite honest, I wish I could have done this kind of stuff years ago when I first played the game. Maybe I may have been able to keep playing the game longer, rather than losing interest in it. I feel being able to make my own stuff like this just gives me something new to always play with and keeps the spirit of the game alive.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    It would be awesome if you just made a whole new tree set - would give us a lot to pick and choose from and say what works individually and what doesn't. You can also play with 2x2 vs 1x1 vs quarter-tile trees. I think we're set in the underbrush department though :p

(Also, that shop looks awesome - reminds me of the RCT2 expansions, except less shit)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Ah, something I forgot, quarter tile trees! I can never find any to use(besides the mkx ones, and I always forget those anyway :p ). Some nice, small trees would be fantastic. Love Ling's idea too.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading