News / Time to recruit Accolade Panelists & Write-Up Authors

• trav%s's Photo
    Wow, lay off him a bit. He's just as entitled to put his name forward as everyone else. If Posix doesn't think he's right for the spot he won't chose him. Simple.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    I don't know if I can, but it would be great if I be part of the Accolade Panelists.
    I can see what is a good park, a bad park, and I downloaded more than 100 parks here and I saw votes that were unfair for the parks, I think that I can give fair votes for the parks, I think that I can be part of the Accolade Panelists but that's Posix decision.

EDIT: I can only open RCT2 parks ;)
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

not to sound dickisch, but inexperienced players should not be made panelists, I mean it takes less effort to impress less skilled players and it'll make the quality of certain accolades drop, it's not because most panelists have been busy with h2h that they won't vote once they have more time, me included, might aswell start public polls with this tbh if we're having a panel that get's too large...

Some panelists have dropped their jobs lately and some have been dropped because they didn't vote on parks (even before H2H). The idea with adding some more panelists is so the submissions get through faster, when a few players don't have enough time to rate soon, other panelists can pick up for them. That way the parks will get through a lot faster. I mean, I have seen a lot of people complain about their parks being released to slowly and I believe that when you release a park you'd more likely want your park to be released in a week than in a month, or even more.

It's not that everyone that replies to this topic is made a panelist. This is just like the last two years, when some panelists drop their beans on here and leave that there a few new panelists needed. And if you look back at previous years
    2010 and 2011
    you'll see that the admins have succeeded in finding panelists that do their job well.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    same here about rct2 parks. so how will we know if we are panelists or not. not saying that I will be.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Posix or another admin will PM. Dont lose any sleep over it.
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    I would like to, but i get the feeling I'm too new and inexperienced around here. That being said I do have a decent eye for aesthetics in a park, and I would be willing to take the job of a panelist if needed. I have plain old RCT2 and LL.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    no it isn't worth losing sleep over it don't worry I just thought it would be cool to be a panalist
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I would love to write some write-up's sometimes. I even want to write one on an old release so you can see if I have the qualities you want?
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I'd like to be considered for the Accolade Panel.I've been on the site for five years, and though it may not show on the forum (I was a pre-teen when I joined, and I don't post much now) or my work (ie I've never show any of it and I probably won't for a while) I have a pretty good grasp of the aesthetics of the game as a viewer. I'm more of an atmosphere and architecture guy than a coaster guy, but I don't think the current panel would be skewed by the inclusion of someone like me. I have LL and RCT2 vanilla.

EDIT: Shotguns? post gave me another thing to throw out: I've viewed 97% of the parks that have received accolades on the site.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Write-up author please.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    I'd just like to say this to validate my thought to be considered to be on the panel, even if I am relatively new.

First of all, I have already spent countless hours on this site, even If my account is only 3 months old.

I have downloaded well over 100 parks (close to 250) ranging from non-accolade winners to (all of RCT2's) spotlight winners, so I do have a grasp on which quality deserves which kind of reward.

For one of my parks I created a system to judge my quality of my work that can be easily applied to judging.

I believe that I have hit the point to where I can tell out good( bronze/silver) work from great (gold/spotlight) work.
  • Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    I really love this website, and sure I haven't been on it in a bit, and I've asked earlier and have sadly been denied, but I'm asking again and I really wanna be on the Panel.
    It seems fun and maybe I might get overwhelmed with shit, but I wanna show my opinion on the gems of the site. This site is amazing and I wanna contribute other than making parks (because that's not quite my high point). Hopefully I get accepted this time.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    I have rct3

i should be on the team
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I've downloaded x number of parks, pick me... 8@
  • trav%s's Photo

What the fuck is that coming out of your arse
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    looks like poo

giant poo i might add
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think it's a tail, like in his avatar..
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    yes it does seem to be
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    I'm interested in becoming a Write-up Author.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

I've downloaded x number of parks, pick me... 8@

It's important that someone understands the history of the game. It's incredibly important how many parks one has viewed.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading