News / Time to recruit Accolade Panelists & Write-Up Authors

• highroll3r%s's Photo
    why not have a vote to choose a panelist?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^it will be an admin decision.

Seriously guys the applications will all be seen, I don't get why you all should post over 20 times that you find yourself good enough to be a panelist. The admins will decide who they find good enough and that's it.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Because that's what we have staff for.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I think there should be a prerequisite that you had to know how to ride a bike(without training wheels) on or before RCT2's release date :idea:

Oh, and thanks for the kind words In:Cities.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I feel sorry for Posix ,who has to read all this useless sh*t.
    I hope people will think next time.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Alright, after some exchange we've decided who we want to recruit. Thanks for such a tremendous response guys. Despite the sometimes pointless discussion this was awesome.

From today, new Accolade Panelists are:

In:Cities
    Sulakke
    Jonny93
    pierrot
    Fizzix
    Camcorder22
    Gwazi
    Coupon
    AvanineCommuter
    disneylhand
    Pacificoaster

New Write-Up Authors are:

Wanted
    trav
    Top Gun
    AvanineCommuter
    djbrcace1234
    Super G
    wheres_walto
    Xtreme97
    SuicideCarz

Welcome on board and thanks for volunteering to help NE!

-----------------

As there has been such debate over who qualifies or not, I think it's fair to give at least a minimum reasoning to each of you why you weren't picked this time.

mrbuckeye
    As I guess has been consensus of this thread already, you're super new and without any releases on your account, let alone accolades. There's just no way you could become a panelist at this point.

Wanted
    While you seem to have a very active interest in community happenings and thus qualify perfectly as a write-up author, you haven't yet demonstrated the necessary amount of passion for playing competitively like other panelists.

trav
    Happy to see your strong interest in NE lately, and you're on the verge for me panelist-wise. Let's give it another couple of months and a PM by you asking us to panelist you, alright?

Ling
    Similar to trav. I think you could very well become panelist but I'd like to see some more convincing game performances from you first.

XCars
    Same point: need more demonstrated game experience.

ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt
    Soon to be panelist, I hope. You're quickly improving and have a great attitude towards the site, yet in my opinion are still too new for the position. Like others, PM us some time in the future to make it clear to us you have the desire and I'm positive we'll want you.

MCI
    You've basically given yourself your own reasoning, yet as you have all four games and like Scotlands_Finest possess a good spirit I'm hopeful to recruit you as a panelist in maybe half a year from now.

FredD
    Awfully close for me. I think you're really talented and I'd love to have you on the panel, especially as you also have WW+TT, but it'd be a bit unfair to trav or Ling who are in a similar position as you. So, why not win an accolade to do away with this situation and we'll probably recruit you straight away.

BC(rct2)
    I believe you that you're able to separate a great from a bad park, but as others have said it's important to have gone through the whole process of finishing a park which eventually will win you an NE accolade. There's just more it takes that goes into this than some might think and so far I haven't seen you do it.

Mr. Coaster
    Just too new for a panelist position as of yet, but loving your attitude and hoping to see you around more often.

Dr_Dude
    I like you and the description you wrote on yourself. It's the kind of thoughtfulness I am looking for. But you don't have a single release on your account. That just doesn't legitimate a panelist position for me.

Bolliger & Mabillard
    Happy to read you're enjoying the site so much. Seriously though, some of the parks you submitted made me wonder why you even sent them. I think your relationship with the game is not that of a panelist at this point.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Thanks posix. <3

Also, I really like what you did with the brief explanations for those who didn't make it. An honest and well-intended critique is always helpful.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    It was more in hope than expectation :p Thanks for your explanation and maybe i will just pm you later this year after i have finished my new design. Not making any promises though lol :bandit:
  • Wanted%s's Photo

Wanted
    While you seem to have a very active interest in community happenings and thus qualify perfectly as a write-up author, you haven't yet demonstrated the necessary amount of passion for playing competitively like other panelists.

No worries :mantis: My ADD is too bad for RCT anyway. I think this opportunity as a write-up author is perfect for me. Thanks for the promotion :p
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Wooooo! Thanks guys for the opportunity. Happy to help.
    :mantis:
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Will have to start working on accolade #3 immediately, then... (hopefully better than Castello)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Yeah, Ill finish my park as well.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ditto
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Thanks guys! I'm really happy to be in a position to help this site out. :mantis:
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback Posix, working on the accolade ;)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback Posix, I will work hard to get an accolade!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Very glad I could motivate you a little.

The new panelists have already pushed forward the prep stages for a bunch of current submissions. You guys are awesome. New releases will follow.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    If you need any more help I'd gladly become a panelist too.
    If the "sign up" is closed just disregard my statement.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Glad I could help with the write-ups
  • posix%s's Photo
    Fisch, we're good for now, but send me a PM on how many of the games you can open and we can keep you shortlisted.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading