News / Time to recruit Accolade Panelists & Write-Up Authors

• Xeccah%s's Photo

I've downloaded x number of parks, pick me... 8@

It is Important to do this because it gives you more of a definition Of which park deserves which accolade, especially with styles not familiar to you.( this along with your Judging skill of course)
    P
  • trav%s's Photo
    Just because you've looked at a park doesn't mean you understand why it was given an accolade, especially if you're a newer member looking at older parks.
  • MCI%s's Photo
    I dont get the point of this discussion...
    If you´re looking at the current panel-list, You´ll see highly experienced players who have been hanging around here for ages. Nearly everybody of them has a decent accolade under their belt or was playing in a h2h team last season and was/is very active on showing screens or commenting screens in the AD. Just looking at every park ever released here and spamming the forums with nonsense wont help you getting in the panelist at all.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I've always enjoyed writing, I use words that are "different" but I can only open RCT2. Sometimes it won't load due to my computer being older. Sometimes it doesn't read well. But yeah, if you need an extra author I shall help.
    :mantis:
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

I dont get the point of this discussion...
    If you´re looking at the current panel-list, You´ll see highly experienced players who have been hanging around here for ages. Nearly everybody of them has a decent accolade under their belt or was playing in a h2h team last season and was/is very active on showing screens or commenting screens in the AD.

The only script Roger Ebert ever wrote was Return to the Valley of the Dolls.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Yet, he's also know for having been watching movies "professionally" for 45(!) years.

Edit: Oh, my mistake. 51 years.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Lester Bangs wasn't a musician (EDIT: Shit, he was! Okay well he probably sucked)

John Brown wasn't black
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I don't think Shotguns? or mrbuckeye should even apply here. No offense, but you've been here 3 months(barely) and 1 month(today), respectively. No matter how many parks you've downloaded in that time frame, there is no way you understand everything there is to understand about judging and critiquing work. And I'll be honest, I don't know everything either. That's not what I'm saying.

I think the Panelists should be the older and more experienced players, of at least a few years. They may have a release themselves, they may not. What they have is a grasp of the community and the parks produced by it, as well as enough experience in terms of actual parkmaking(IE: element placement, path layout, etc.). That is all.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I am not trying to plead a desperate case when I say this but aside from being a member since 2006, I consider myself a pretty active user and believe to have a pretty substantial understanding of the game. For that I believe I could be a pretty knowledgeable and reliable addition to the Accolade Panelist.
  • Whitehawk%s's Photo
    Having lurked here for years, and having long played RCT alongside nin (far before either of us found NE), I feel as though I could be a decent panelist, despite my relative obscurity. However, I realize that I simply won't have the time to do the position justice, as much as I would love to be able to say otherwise! Perhaps next year.

After reading over this topic, I found one thing that I have trouble letting go:

no it isn't worth losing sleep over it don't worry I just thought it would be cool to be a panalist

That right there is why you do not qualify.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I second Pacificoaster! He's not only a phenomenal builder, but really knows what he's talking about when it comes to parks.
    I mean, I'd love if you guys select me as well. But definitely consider him first!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Seeing now how many players there are that deserve being a panelist, I will not apply
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Having lurked here for years, and having long played RCT alongside nin (far before either of us found NE), I feel as though I could be a decent panelist, despite my relative obscurity. However, I realize that I simply won't have the time to do the position justice, as much as I would love to be able to say otherwise! Perhaps next year.

After reading over this topic, I found one thing that I have trouble letting go:

That right there is why you do not qualify.

how does that make me unqualified. Me saying that just states my opinion on the situation. That is like you saying that you could be a decent panelist. I just said it in a different way.
    No.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    nevermind though cause i agree with what fizzix said earlier
    Yes.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Maybe?
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Does anyone know how many panelists will be selected?
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    ^ umm, the number of applicants to accolade panelists mounts up to 23 :rolleyes:
  • MCI%s's Photo

I don't think Shotguns? or mrbuckeye should even apply here. No offense, but you've been here 3 months(barely) and 1 month(today), respectively. No matter how many parks you've downloaded in that time frame, there is no way you understand everything there is to understand about judging and critiquing work. And I'll be honest, I don't know everything either. That's not what I'm saying.

I think the Panelists should be the older and more experienced players, of at least a few years. They may have a release themselves, they may not. What they have is a grasp of the community and the parks produced by it, as well as enough experience in terms of actual parkmaking(IE: element placement, path layout, etc.). That is all.

That´s exactly what I was trying to say.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading