General Chat / Aurora Shooting

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    Thoughts on this?

My heart goes out to the victims. Especially Jessica Ghawi (@JessicaRedfield), who apparently narrowly escaped a similar shooting in Toronto only a month or so ago. How chilling is that? This actually makes me wish I could be back in the States right now. Rest in peace.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Rip...

This is really sad :(
    Hope those still in the hospital make it out with minimal injuries.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    whats wrong with people? this is absolutely disgusting. i hope the injured victims survive.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    was reading this on reddit before. disgusting.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    This is sad. RIP.

Also, isn't the figure of 50 wounded a lot? I mean, it is a crowded theatre, but the gunman is throwing gas canisters, he can't see that good, people are running away, I find it kind of shocking that he would be able to shoot over 60 people. Some other sources say at least 10 dead and 20 wounded, I think.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    you underestimate the speed of bullets.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Cycling between CNN and FOX on this....

Damn this is sad.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    sad.

i can't wait for them to go through his apartment, if possible, find call of duty in his xbox, and call it the reason behind his mental instability.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Remember the dipshit in florida that blames GTA for shootings? Luckily he is banned.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    i'm not trying to undermine the lives lost but imagine if this were to happen at a black ops 2 launch event this november. the media would go absolutely apeshit on how it was the violent video games that got to the shooter's head. and you don't see one article, not one, about how the batman movies played a role in the killer's mind, which it clearly did. and i highly doubt that these articles will exist going forward.

EDIT: ok, so maybe there will be a 'few' articles blaming the movie.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    What a tragedy. Seems like there is just no end to this summer from hell. This is the same movie theater my girlfriend and I go to when I visit her in Aurora. It's somewhat scary to think it was only earlier this month that we were there.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    @RMM: It may have been batman or possibly COD behind his motivation. Why should they get bad press ... There is and will all ways be mentally ill people in this world. You cant just say "oh i hope they find a COD disc in his console" as if these game producers are to blame ... for a phsycopaths actions. I play COD and haven't wanted to pick up a gun and shoot people.

What honestly goes through somebodys head. when doing shit like this.

Makes me sick to my stomach. Hope the cunt rots in prison.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

Makes me sick to my stomach. Hope the cunt rots in prison.

This guy actually might be the first guy since 1977 to get the death penalty in Colorado.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

This guy actually might be the first guy since 1977 to get the death penalty in Colorado.

Damn well should be.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

What honestly goes through somebodys head. when doing shit like this.

That's anybody guess. The mind of psychopaths isn't easy to understand for sane people I think.

Anyway, I when I saw the new (it just happened) I was agitated from the first minute of the reporting. Most they could talk about was that it was at the Batman movie followed up by a conversation how this could impact how many aren't gonna view after this... how the fuck is that even goddamn relevant?!? 14 people have just had been killed and 40 more injured and the most prominent thing was that it happened at Batman... SERIOUSLY?!?!? I loathe the media news industry so much, especially the American ones.

Obviously they are gonna try to pin it on the movie or on any game they find in his home claiming violent games/movie make people violent while they never state the most obvious argument against that a.k.a. the opposite version: violent people are attracted to violent media. The obvious counter against that from the media would be that all violent media users are violent people.... le sigh.

I'm personally not someone to use force and am pretty calm in general. Now, I played the game God of War 2 which anyone knows who played it is pretty violent. I finished that game on Titan mode (a.k.a. very hard mode). Believe me, it was not the violence in the game that made me very frustrated. The first roadblok was Theseus which I was stuck on for several hours (not at the same time). When you finally to finish the bastard you pretty smash his head to a pulp between a heavy iron door. Believe you me that that was satisfying and releases all frustration. Okay, the game in question caused the frustration, but not because of the difficulty. If anything the violence in this case relieves you from stress and frustration. Insert the cause of that stress and relieve it by media works instead of taking it out on someone else.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    The mother of the Colorado shooter says of her son: "it was him." She must've seen warning signs. Please, let's all be conscious that if you are concerned about someone, make sure they seek help as early as possible. Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Yeah ,i saw it on the news.

......... why?
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    He shouldn't get the death penalty. He should be made to sit in a cell for at least 60 years... Hes 24 or something now so ... and the prison guards should spit in his food for the rest of his days. The death penalty is just the easy way out. But on the other hand, It would be wrong for the people of denver and colorado to pay tax so that this phsyco bastard gets food everyday.

I would go even further and say ... That if you are wanting to own a gun that you should be made to pay for some sort of mental test to see if you have any phsycopathic tendancies. And if you pass pay for the gun.

As far as im aware currently you just need an american citizenship and a bankcard and your sorted, Which in my opinion is completely wrong.

Not just america, But anywhere in the world. Just happens more in the US.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Problem is, not every insane person shows it on the outside. Also just because someone shows 'signs' doesn't mean he/she is anywhere near doing things like this and even so a lot of them are loners who aren't under a lot of 'supervision' anyway. A mental check doesn't do much either as they can be highly intelligent. Without regular checks it would be meaningless either as people can develop problem over time.

Personally I see no reason for a normal civilian to be allowed to have a gun in the first place. Claiming it to be a defense to anyone with bad meaning is only gonna help you if you actually get to fire first and lets face it, it's very rare that the attacker gets shot instead of the defender. That said, I think the US is already doomed because a ban is gonna do very little now as almost everyone and their grandmother seems to have one. Also from what I gather people in the US are usually anti-goverment intervention to begin with. Weird enough a US goverment which actually cuts of the gunlobbys hand in their asses would actually more trustworthy than any before. Lets face it, the arms industry is the biggest industry in the US (trash weirdly enough being nr. 2...)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

He shouldn't get the death penalty. He should be made to sit in a cell for at least 60 years... Hes 24 or something now so ... and the prison guards should spit in his food for the rest of his days. The death penalty is just the easy way out. But on the other hand, It would be wrong for the people of denver and colorado to pay tax so that this phsyco bastard gets food everyday.

I would go even further and say ... That if you are wanting to own a gun that you should be made to pay for some sort of mental test to see if you have any phsycopathic tendancies. And if you pass pay for the gun.

As far as im aware currently you just need an american citizenship and a bankcard and your sorted, Which in my opinion is completely wrong.

Not just america, But anywhere in the world. Just happens more in the US.

I have to disagree with you . I like how America gives the benefit of the doubt

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading