(Archive) Advertising District / Plopsa Brittanica

• Fizzix%s's Photo
    I hate those tables honestly. But I enjoy everything else, besides what's been repeated about the dragon's eyes.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Huh... I didn't even notice the dragon until I read the posts... and no, that isn't a good thing xD
    Otherwise great screen, but really try to make some improvements on the dragon. Nice idea, but doesn't work yet.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Really great stuff
  • FredD%s's Photo

CASTLE SQUARE

Posted Image

A quiet boat trip around King Samson's Castle in a Medieval tree trunk takes a surprising turn when you suddenly find yourself in a rapid! The Tree Trunks are dragged along into a fierce waterfall and let you tumble meters deep down! As long as it’s dry … euh ... allright!

Thanks for the reactions and feedback. You all are right, the dragon is not very good. Sculpting is sure a working point for me. FK+Coastermind was so kind to offer me to help make the dragon better, he is working on a better one. Thanks man! I don't really dislike the tables, so I don't know yet what I'll do with them.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Great interaction in this screen, everything flows past and over each other in a very comfortable way. Great job!
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    I love this. Your style is so clean. These screens are gorgeous! That one's my favorite.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    The last screen is fantastic! i love where this is going

and again, sorry about holding you up the other day, sometimes i get stupid. :')

FK
  • dinosaurfour%s's Photo
    Lovely screen, I love the colours.

I feel like those flowers and bushes going in a straight line make it look a little unnatural however.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Really great stuff Fred. I really thinking the tables would look far better being the "RCT2 standard" that everybody uses though. Glad to see your still going dude.
  • FredD%s's Photo

CASTLE SQUARE

Posted Image

If you thought that previous screen was the complete full drop... then you were wrong.

Wanted to show something this ain't dead.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Nice screen!

I'm always a fan of nice castles.
    Foliage could be a bit more attractive.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Bringin' this screen over, looks silly at the bottom of the previous page.

CASTLE SQUARE

Posted Image

If you thought that previous screen was the complete full drop... then you were wrong.

Wanted to show something this ain't dead.

• Fizzix%s's Photo
    I enjoy that mix of foliage a lot. I would think in real life the logs would get launched off that flat segment, but I don't care if you don't care.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Good.

Flumes are never easy to theme. You did it well. The colours create a good balance. I like the railway interaction. It really helps. Do you have path interacion by the splash?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    A little confused why you used steel supports for the whole ride and then used wooden ones on the drop. However, I like what I see - the castle is well done, but it feels underutilized. You could have created a killer dark ride portion inside with the flume, and possibly even would have nixed all that 'filler' foliage you've used near the castle by doing so. Regardless, nice work and definitely shows you've got some skill!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'd prefer seeing the drop hacked so it can go steep, adds a lot more dimension to the ride...
    theming is nice and I do hope you have some path interaction aswell
  • csw%s's Photo
    ^In this case, I think the less steep drop looks fine because it goes with the shape of the castle. Making it a steeper slope would require tweaking of the castle, and the castle's shape really doesn't need tweaking in my opinion.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I think making the flat roof of the castle black would really make that pop. Looks great, good to see you're building
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback!

@Fizzix: Thanks, and I don't care, maybe the flat part should be a little bit longer too look less catapultish, but then the logs would slow down too much.

@Posix: Actually, there is actually almost no path interaction. There is path on the end of the big drop, which you can see on a screen on the previous page, and a part goes by the queue. But that's it. Most of the ride won't be visible to the public, unless you take the train or ride the Dragon coaster. It's just the same like the one in real life, I'm pretty proud to say this is almost a recreation, since it was my favourite attraction of Plopsaland to operate.

@Steve: yeah it's like that with the real one, steel supports except for the drops :p And don't you worry about that "killer darkride" part... Did I use a lot of foliage to fill, yeah, but in that part on te screen, nothing else was really possible. Like I said, it's almost a recreation, the lay-out couldn't be closer to the real one.

@BelgianGuy: well now you say it... that would have been better I guess. If I can adjust things to the feedback that's been given, I'll adjust it. But now it's a little too late to adjust that now, I wouldn't have to re-do the castles but I'd also have to re-do the whole layout in order to get it in the right proportions. But I'll keep your tip in mind for the future.

@Walto: I think making the roof black would hurt the eyes, and this brown fits better in the theme. In real life it's also brown, knowing the roof will be pretty visible for the riders I think black won't be a good idea.
  • FredD%s's Photo

CASTLE SQUARE

Posted Image

Oh no! King Samsons jester Alberto is lost! Can you fulfill the quest to bring the lost Alberto back?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading