(Archive) Advertising District / Plopsa Brittanica

• 5dave%s's Photo
    ^That might be true, but the graphics of it destract from the whole picture.
    IMO you should try and build a circus cart out of smaller objects yourself. That's what lacks your work IMO, gimmicks that enhance a theme. Don't take the lazy way by using such objects as the other stuff looks nice already!

"MFG"
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Dobus scares the shit out of me. Cool screen though. I agree with Dimi and 5dave.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Ok, since the reactions were not so good at that circus train CO, I've deleted it and fixed up something myself. I hope this one is more appealing.

Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Good idea! Big improvement.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I think it's a bit tall, but still better than the custom object you had earlier.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Liampie's right ,good improvement Fred.
    The textures also blend in now.
  • FredD%s's Photo

Posted Image

As I will have to work almost 7/7 the next 2 weeks, I won't be able to build anymore this year. So this is the last screen, as a happy new year present! Oh yeah, foliage wasn't really finished yet so please don't mind.
  • xJur%s's Photo
    Is this "De Draak"? If it is, have you also done something with the dragon himself?
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    nice work. you're improving little by little at every screen, keep it up dude.
  • RWE%s's Photo
    The waving of the flags(dont no correct translation, hope you understand me) looks a little bit strange to me. Otherwise really nice work!!!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Benches, trash cans, and lamps on the last screen, otherwise it's great. The circus cage could use a custom fence base or pole in the corners of the upward crown molding, to fill it up.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Awesome. Captures Plopsa perfectly, nice Fred :)

Don't let the roof textures get too textureless on the large flat areas. I agree with Fizzix about path objects, they add a lot to parks.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Lovely work.
  • FredD%s's Photo

CASTLE SQUARE

Posted Image

High up in the towers of King Samson’s Castle there is a dragon that bursts with impatience to take you along on a thrilling flight around the Castle Square! This swirling rollercoaster challenges you to venture into a dazzling ride! But the Dragon only allows tough guys and brave girls to sit on his back!

Thanks for the reactions! xJur: yes this is based on 'de draak' and there is I already implemented a dragon's head above the entrance of the queue. But there'll be more ;) Adding trash cans, banks, lights etc is one of the last to-do's on the list, and that screen was taken very quick because I really wanted to show a screen before the end of the year.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    The dragon looks like a cyclopes wearing orange sunglass(es). Nice work otherwise.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I think you could do a better job on the dragons eyes. Other than those eyes the dragon, and the rest of the screen, look great!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think the dragon in its entirety is really poor. Love the rest of the screen though, it's good parkmaking. I like the banner posts a lot.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    the dragon is a great idea, but i agree it could use some more sculpting. I'll lose my modesty, given this is something i've worked hard at, take a look at my Dragon in "Beneath our Feet" or some of he sculptures in Monstrocity. I like your start, but he is too flat across, and his head seems to be floating. Making the wall look abit broken would help. You could even try having one of his feet busting through the wall to the left. You know, i'd be willing to help you out with this, if you like.

Also, not a fan of the white tables. They seem to fancy for a castle courtyard. besides that, I like the screen, shows a lot of good atmosphere!

FK
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    love what you've done with the banner posts. so simple, but greatly done.

+ I looked again and found that table object is an eyesore, it completely ruins the screen. it could be much better if you make it your own.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    That castle is beautiful, great colors used here. Great screen.

The dragons eyes could be improved upon, but I like everything else.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading