(Archive) Advertising District / Plopsa Brittanica

• FredD%s's Photo

THE FAIRGROUND AREA

Posted Image

Posted Image

Come and take a visit to the fair with Samson & Gert, Dobus and Bumba! We have bumper cars for the youngest, a ride trough the jungle and of course many more. A bit enough of the attractions? Let Bumba entertain you in his Bumba theater where he'll give the best of himself three times a day.

I was very tempted by a BBQ Bratwurst at Plopsa, but went for the meatballs instead.

Great screen btw, instantly knew where you got the inspiration from, very Plopsa.

Thanks, it's great that it feels Plopsa, that's a nice compliment.

I like where this is going. Nice architecture, I'd just add some more colour to the tan building, and maybe put some planters or trees on the plaza. I'm looking forward to seeing the rides.

You're right about the planters/trees, I've already added them on the square.

Your style is getting more and more refined. Like where this is going, keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Of course you went for the meatballs.

The green building looks strangely undersupported... Other than that, it's great! I really like the cleary lined paths.

I didn't want to oversupport it either... I don't think it a problem, as it is a very small part of the building that relies on those supports.

^they were bloody good meatballs, I would recommend them to everyone who visits Plopsa

Second that, I always chose the meatballs to eat when I'm visiting Plopsa.

Casimir makes a good point about being undersupported, but I'm just having trouble figuring out where the bottom of the building actually is in relation to the item racks. Are they inside? outside? Gotta be something you can do to make that clearer. The composition is quite nice, though.

They are inside, on the same height but as Casimir said, 1/4 block further in the back. I'll see what I can do to make it look clearer.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I don't know Plopsaland ,but i like those screens ,especially the first one.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    your detail is improved a lot! but sorry that fence is horrible as hell.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I don't like the fence either, but I like the park. I certainly want to visit Plopsa de Panne next year.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Lovely stuff, really nice atmosphere to it. The fence is kinda acceptable in the second screen, but very overused in the first one.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    The fence will be removed, and I'll use another one. This fence was just a try-out :)
  • FredD%s's Photo

THE FAIRGROUND AREA

Posted Image

Oh no! Samson & Gert's village is on fire! Help Samson & Gert, the mayor, Alberto and Octave with the Firetrucks to extinguish the fire. Or come along with the mayor for a fly in the sky with his balloon in Balloon race.

Thanks for the reactions. I'm in a rct-mood, that's the reason for the many following updates.
    As you see, I replaced that fence by another one.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That looks a lot better now. Looks great :)
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Just improve on the foliage a bit and it'll be great
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Oh no! Samson & Gert's village is on fire!

At last!

Or come along with the mayor for a fly in the sky with his balloon in Balloon race.

He's always so helpful.

To be honest I liked the other fences more; somehow the more 'busy' fences work better here. Have you tried some other combinations?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I think the color was the problem with the first type of fences. Your last three screens were great but I actually feel like they're too purple.
  • FredD%s's Photo

THE FAIRGROUND AREA

Posted Image

Dobus and his circus are in town! Come visit the crazy clown and take a ride on the circus train! A Vekoma junior boomerang coaster designed for the youngest clowns.

Thanks for the reactions. I won't be changing the fences anymore, neither the color will change. Fairground area is done, next update will be about another area. @BG: I know foliage is a working point, any tips on how to make it better?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That is really nice, and that type of coaster is perfect for a Plopsa park. I do think the layout could use a helix or something before the second spike as it's a bit too short, even for a Junior Boomerang.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I really dig that screen except for that hideous custom object.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'd make the first part of the turn up, then flat into the diagonal, make a small dip, put it straight again, small helix up and then the spike, think that would better, for the rest no complaints at all.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Wow, man. Huge improvement over the last two screens.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    That reverse incline looks atrocious in RCT terms. Everything else is splendid.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Awesome screen! I've never seen this coaster type before. I agree with Chorkiel, please get rid of that ugly object, and please change the colour of the pine trunks to tan instead of dark brown.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Fully agree with everything Dimi pointed out. :)
  • posix%s's Photo
    "That ugly object" is the only thing in the scene that gives this character or meaning. If he removed it there would be nothing but foliage.

FredD, it looks nice. But it lacks substance.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading