(Archive) Advertising District / Pixar

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

I've tried sketching on square paper in the same manner before but i've never been able to do it as i've always felt the squares limit the creativity.

I think that the squares help more because I think of them as 'quarter blocks' in rct-terms, and so I can draw things out with precision to be later made in RCT. When I do sketching it's mainly on plain paper, but when I'm translating those sketches into rct, working on square paper can help a lot in terms of spacing and the always present question of "what objects to use?"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Oh yeh I know, that's why i've tried in the past because you can directly place a square to an in game square, but I still find that sketching it on plain paper allows me to be more creative because I sketch what I want and then try and create that sketch in the best way possible in RCT.

You got any more sketches Josh?
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Why yes I do haha. I'll post them shortly:]
    Posted Image
    Overview of the park so far.

Posted Image
    The Incredibles area.

Posted Image
    The start of the Amazonia area in my Busch Gardens H2H park.

Posted Image
    Random thing I started drawing at work.

I should have another update shortly guys! I don't want to reveal TOO much:]
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    despicable.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Those are brilliant :)
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Look at that. Look at those pictures you drew. We are going to hang those up on the fridge.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wish I could do sketches like that. Awesome.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I do those too!, cool to see you develop the idea before you put it on the map
    'Put that thing back where it came from or so help me..' The Musical

Posted Image

Please excuse the unfinishedness. [Still a lot of details missing] I simply want you guys to know that this park isn't dead. In fact, it is being worked on daily. And it is a duo now;]

See you soon!

- Josh
  • nin%s's Photo
    I think this may be one of your best screens ever.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Love the concept, the execution, the style, just everything. Would love to see this. ;)
  • XCars%s's Photo
    That theatre is perfect! Awesome screen.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    duo?! lucky bastard
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Dude, this is looking fantastic!

If you need any help, even just consultation or ideas, hit me up. I had been planning a Pixar park for years, but i'm pretty convinced i'll never actually do it, partially since the novelty is abit gone with this and H2H6 pixar. Thus, i'd be more than willing to give you some of my ideas!

FK
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I like it, but watch out you don't take too much 'inspiration' from DAW :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This is awesome.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Fantastic! Your best screen, and eveyone already knows it's a duo, you're partner for the project keeps telling everyone :p
  • trav%s's Photo
    Looking good I:C. And Louis, I'm sure he only tells people in his 'clique' ;)
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Love the ice in front. :mantis:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading