(Archive) Advertising District / Hudson Crossings Amusement Park

• Maverix%s's Photo
    Not sure how much time I'll have because of college to work on this, but I'll keep chipping away until it gets finished.

Old:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New:

Posted Image
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Nice improvement from your previous work galaxy geeland did you wonders!!!

i'd love to see the cool ideas you had in this aswell and really have that fun atmosphere you can build, it's cute but in a good way
  • salsaontop%s's Photo
    I like the first picture it just seems to have so much space whilst still having many objects too look at. In terms of the new picture I don't like the turquoise spire on the far right building, but I don't know any objects in RCT that would be better. Looking forward to more screens.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I've always liked the second screen. The interaction and the floral pattern are both great.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Very nice work Maverix! Just the right amount of detail to make it easy on the eyes
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Looks great. I love the brown building in the latest screen, but I think the turquoise tower could be better by removing the two square bits in front.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    The 2nd screen looks cool.
  • J K%s's Photo
    You've really improved. I'm excited to see where your work is going. Don't settle for second rate, always shoot for big concepts and rides because you have the skill to make it look good.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    As J K said and as I've said several times before, you've really been improving quickly. It's great to see this, keep it up :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I really hope you don't consider the old stuff bad because it's really nice. I enjoyed all 4 screens. The 1/4th tile work in #3 gives of so much character.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Just bringing the fiesta screens over.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Having just ridden Top Thrill a few hours ago, I'd say you did a pretty decent job recreating the Intamin Rocket. Only thing is, the ramp isn't facing that way on Top Thrill. I don't know if that's really what you're trying to recreate, just thought you should know though.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Not trying to re-create it, just some inspiration :)
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    It's like Cedar Fair meets Six Flags. It looks fantastic! :)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    It's like Starpointe meets Six Flags Santa Fe. It looks fantastic! :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I think you could do a better job of making your Wild West architecture more rustic. Outside of that I (still) really like it.

If you get peeps in I think it'll liven it up even more.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Though I think the first set of screens are much much better, i like the third screen of this set.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    That boomerang looks really familiar. I love the Pinks building, though!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^I didn't know you held copyright for a teal and white coloured boomerang with a station featuring red corregated rooves, I'll keep that in mind :lol:

I still think you need to 'jazz' these screens up. The structures and details and colours of your work are now spot on, but it's all so sterile, throw some texture around.

In fact the best screen out of the lot is the first one because there is a lot of interesting texture, it's not plain, just a shame it's unfinished.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments guys :)

100 year update :party:

Posted Image

and an overview

Posted Image

Enjoy

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading