(Archive) Advertising District / Hudson Crossings Amusement Park

• Phatage%s's Photo
    Just like I told Robbie when he was making SFSF, please make that first corkscrew go the correct way. To me it makes much more of a difference than the cross beams but I do agree with that comment too. But those back and forth roll changes are really one of the big reasons why BTR is one of the best rides ever built, regardless of how many times it's been cloned. Whenever I've gone with non-coaster-obsessed friends (I spose those are called normal people) to gadv or sfmm, they all say that BTR leaves them a lot more exhilarated than rides like Nitro/Goliath, Riddler/Lantern, etc. Do the ride justice.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Simply love that Mav. The grass works so well in contrast to the subtle rock texture.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

The crossbeams thing makes sense, but figuring out flange placement seems excessive even to me.

HEY I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON MY TEAM

fair enough, flange placement is excessive, but I still think that when it's meant to be a clone, it should essentially be a rec, so the supports should be like they are in real-life.

as I said, it's what I think makes a realistic park that more realistic. this is what I was talking about in Ruishi's write-up.

Pac has not just thought about emulating the manufacturer's layout style, but he has done something I am extremely fond of, creating realistic supports that actually share a great likeness to its real-life counterpart. I love this little touch, it's something that many won't pick up on at first, an almost hidden detail level, one of which that takes a while to sink in. It's Pac's ability to blend these smaller details into the overall picture that makes him stand out from the rest.

At least ditch the cross-beams to make them more B&M like, even if you don't adjust the flanges and change their locations.

Sorry, I just love supports.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    next project from louis...
    Supports: the ride!

I agree to an extent but just theme the thing heavyly and I'm a happy man...
  • Maverix%s's Photo

Posted Image

95%

• Louis!%s's Photo
    That carousel needs work, the awnings are nice though, I'd add a deco trim on the top of them too.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Those fences are still awful :p, and I agree with Louis on the carousel.

I will say that looking back through this topic I finally get the entrance idea, basing it off the new scheme at CP. Hadn't seen the new architecture yet outside of the main gate, so props there. It's just not as successful in RCT unfortunately.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    What Louis said. I like the fences, though, keep them.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    The more I see this park the more excited I get to view it.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Really digging the look of that wooden, nice job, dude! I agree with Louis about the awnings, also.

I can barely see the carousel so I don't know what everyone thinks is so bad about it. I guess the roof does look a little amateur though? Worth a looksee. I would also look into a fence change that are near the awnings, and maybe even some forced foliage in the patch between the awnings and the coaster. Just some ideas, still looking solid!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    steve, i believe it's the form. it feels very uncharacteristic of a carousel to me
    i don't like the beams going up the awnings very much, otherwise pretty nice but not your most impressive stuff
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Everything here is looking so great. I think that carousel is going to be one of those things that as you're looking over the park as its nearer and nearer to completion it will get rebuilt. The best parks are the ones that don't have much original pieces, just original ideas. We all know you can do something much more aesthetically pleasing and technically better, don't let yourself settle just because you are so close to finishing the best thing in your career here so far.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    there should be a lot of awesome parks released this year
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The Carousel cover could be soooo much better. So excited for this park though.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading