(Archive) Advertising District / Hudson Crossings Amusement Park

• Maverix%s's Photo
    Posted Image

It shall live on...
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    I like the structures and such, not very characteristic to what you've before though. The seemingly stripes of color is something i do not like, however.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I don't really get it. I mean I do, but still. The ticket collection/entrance building doesn't fit with the surroundings. What's with the balcony on the roof? Also, the area comes off as very square, try to break away from the gridlines more. The buildings seem very textureless and uninspired. I'm not a big fan of the striping either, or the colors. Where is the vibrancy? You have three colors (brown, peach, black) that dominate the screen, which make it seem dead to me. Also, the ventilation looks like it was placed for the sake of adding realism. Not a big fan of the trees either.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    The structures are cool but those colors don't look inviting at all.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I for one think it is very cool. Except for the fact that maybe those fences on the roof of the entrance building are too big/high. They stand out too much.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    I like that a lot man. Looks fantastic.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'd ditch the brick on the ticket booths as they don't match the rest of the area. Just swap them for the standard deco texture you've use everywhere else.
  • Maverix%s's Photo

Posted Image

Come hang out with Snoopy and the gang at Camp Snoopy @ Hudson Crossings

• Austin55%s's Photo
    YES good.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Ill have to inspect that kiddie coaster layout :p ill have time after this weekend to build :)
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Nice slide! Good observation of how shallow kids slides really are. That mini car ride is excellent too (if perhaps too narrow for a competitive race ;) ). Are they representing the kind that you insert a token into and they stay powered up for a while?
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Good to hear Louis :)

Choco - it's meant to be the same thing as the Peanuts 500 ride at Cedar Point. It's basically a small oval that the cars are pulled around on a track. Nobody actually is driving the cars.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I like it. The snoopy especially (:
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    "That's a sick kiddie layout" -no one

But seriously, that looks like an awesome coaster there from what we can see.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Looks awesome dude. I'd make the supports all the same girth to make it look cleaner, but that's just me.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Wow I really hate when people make fences like that. There's nothing technically wrong with it, I just don't like it. It's just so open.

Overall everything looks good though, and I chuckled at the Snoopy inclusion. Despite how simple it is it really does look like him lol.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    Do me a favor, name that kiddy the Woodstock express and hack mine trains onto it so i can die happy. Grew up on that coaster.
  • Maverix%s's Photo

I like it. The snoopy especially (:

"That's a sick kiddie layout" -no one

But seriously, that looks like an awesome coaster there from what we can see.

All you can't see is the drop and last turn, which I think you should be able to piece together. :)

Looks awesome dude. I'd make the supports all the same girth to make it look cleaner, but that's just me.

I would but then some don't line up, this is the best way I could get it without looking overly bulky. BTW this is the bench we were going to do that mall project on ;)

Wow I really hate when people make fences like that. There's nothing technically wrong with it, I just don't like it. It's just so open.

Overall everything looks good though, and I chuckled at the Snoopy inclusion. Despite how simple it is it really does look like him lol.

Now the fences stay for sure, just to bug you Kyle.

I was actually shocked how much it turned out like him haha

Do me a favor, name that kiddy the Woodstock express and hack mine trains onto it so i can die happy. Grew up on that coaster.

It already is named Woodstock Express ;) No mine trains though, I like the simplicity of the log cars.

Possibly a new screen this weekend, if the comments keep coming :)
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Love the helicopter ride. Such an under used ride. Glad to see it being incorporated. Lookin so good
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

I would but then some don't line up, this is the best way I could get it without looking overly bulky. BTW this is the bench we were going to do that mall project on ;)/>

Ah fair enough. If you're still interested in doing that project over the summer, shoot me a PM :mantis:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading