News / Game Over

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    As I still have access to the rct2.com (rctspace) staff area, I went a bit through the K0NG stuff there, and it's scary how similar and delusional he acted over there (he also got banned and stalked the staff/admins).. I can see how he puts people under spells as you said it gee, and I'm very glad to see him banned for good from this site as he was a rude, sarcastic and arrogant individual spoiling the positive atmosphere that was once present on the site. Be sure to not let him have a second account or other aliases, as he pulled that trick on rct2.com as well..

Hope you admins didn't lose too much faith in our little community by all this drama, and that NE will go on for years and years!

I also feel like fiesta-ing :D
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Ah Gee, you fell under the spell Kong put on me as well. The one about the admins ruining the site. I think it fell upon BelgianGuy too.

Thank god about Fantastico!

NE5 here we come!

PS: I'm surprised I actually read all of this as my attention span is so tiny...
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I'm speechless. Respect.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Well said, gee. Huge respect. Now that everything looks good here I can only hope that everything continues to go well in your life outside of New Element. I missed you, man.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Glad to have you here buddy. I love this site, and greatly appreciate all that you've put forth in making it all possible.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo

A celebratory fiesta better come out of this

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    FK agrees with the things

does this mean we get a programmer again?

:)

FK
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I'll agree with the general population and agree with you as well gee.

Sorry you had to go though what you did, but it's great to see you back here and moving forward.

Hope all goes well for you.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Its the best thing all around now peace can be restored and things can get back to normal. :mantis:
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo

Its actually inspired me to play.

This.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Wow, i thought this was just a RCT Fansite, managed by RCT fans, used by people who like to build rollercoasters. but it's much more than that.

That's because NE is a true community, something that is actually pretty rare on the internet. Creativity is what binds us because we care about it and take it seriously. This isn't your average game site which loses it's people the moment a new game arrives. This is not a passive game to partake in. Look down to the first parks in rct1 and see were we are now. We have progressed a lot and we have our history. To me it's not just a game, it has been part of my life and it has been for a lot of people here one way or another. The post of Geewhzz is testament to that and Geewhzz has earned my respect with that just as Posix did. We might not agree about everything, which is a good thing because it drives us. Not doing so would have meant this site would have been dead for ages just like so many sites before us. In the recent events people have crossed lines I never would have expected to be crossed. Action has been taken and even moreso the have been properly motivated in an open and honest way. This hasn't been just blunt waving with the ban-hammer, but showing what proper respect to the community is about (again, very rare on the internet).

Tyandor
  • Milo%s's Photo

This.

This
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    (Note: I Would have put this in the other topic but I spent the last 20mins typing this in MS Word to find the Fiesta on :p)

I've pretty much stayed out of this the whole time up until now due to a conflict in Interests. However several people over the last couple of days have asked me for thoughts and opinions on the whole thing so since everyone is getting things in the open I might as well post on the forum so here goes.

I count Gee and Posix as friends (even after mine and Gees little tiff in H2H) and I also count K0ng and Cena as friends and within H2H6 my teamates and captain. This made H2H6 extremely difficult for me as I had to try really hard to stay neutral while essentially being stuck in the middle of everything.

While this was going on I was (un?)lucky enough to have front row seats for a lot of it. I saw the posts in the Team Forum\chats and a lot of the PM's and later on when I replaced K0ng in the captains lounge after his ban I saw those too.

Now while I may get on well with K0ng and Cena, Would I have banned them during the competition if I was Admin? yes! First In my opinion Cena deserved it, You can't post that and expect to get away with it. I've said several times on this site and in fact at the start of this very H2H that the internet isn't an excuse to think you can get away with things you couldn't in real life. Anonminity doesn't give you rights to do reckless things. Were there extenuating circumstances? Yes there were... does that excuse Cena for that post? No.

Now with K0ng I respect him a lot. He knows his stuff about RCT and he got the team organised well after a shaky start. I know I don't know everything that happened but I had seen enough in the Team Forum, chats with others and the Captains Lounge to get an Idea what was going on.

I said several times to K0ng on AIM not to bother the admins and badger them about perceived injustices and that It wouldn't get him anywhere. And Always got and still get the response that he is fighting the Principle of the whole thing. Now (assuming you can actually read this K0ng) I hate to say this man but I did tell you that if you continued along you same track this is what would happen. I really did try to warn you off of it. Do I think you did anything wrong and get a ban you deserved? I'm afraid I do. I like you man and I know you were fighting for what you think is right but in the end despite endless warnings you just couldn't let it go and that is ultimately what led to your downfall.

All in all this whole thing made H2H really tough for me and a real headfuck. I really enjoyed working on all the parks I had a hand in (even the ones that didn't make it) but the political side of things killed it for me. Hence me taking an extended break away. I may not like this resolution to things but it's one I think was unavoidable. Now I may even go and play some RCT. (LL of course :p )

AND Finally. For all of you who think Gee and Posix are poor admins. I refer you to the following topic. http://www.nedesigns...54/ne4-genesis/

It's sad peoples memories seem so short sometimes.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    While he is a personal friend and I will still work with him and am sad to see both being banned I can't undo what they did and I won't plead to get them unbanned either. I will however continue to work with them on parks and plan on sharing them here aswell. I won't judge any decision made because it is simply of no avail and I don't care for it anymore because all that ever happened during and after h2h6 was a shitstorm, I do hope to be part of h2h7 if it ever comes to fruition. Have some plans for it and I already know who I want to work with on those ideas I'l save for later.

I sacrificed much for the team during h2h and I can agree with gee feeling exhausted after a season where you had a lot on your plate, I mean I had to get half a map done on Frankenstein in 2weeks less than planned because of a public forum fuck-up, Had to save a round together with cena and rctnw because of team issues in under 2weeks and I did 75% of a backup park that wasn't even going to have my name on it if submitted in a week... I'm still not recovered inspiration and motivation wise, wich is maybe why I've been taking part in the bitching aswell. I meant everything I said at the time but I think that I never dared to take the break I actually needed after the season. I will try to stay active but don't shoot me if I don't in the near future.

See you guys somewhere in the future but I think I'll take my break from NE now aswell.
    Looking forward to NE5 and I'm still proud of what I did on h2h6 and who I built with but this was never supposed to happen afterwards but vengeance is never the answer.

Have a good time and I'll see when I get back
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I don't really have a problem with anyone on this site but I respect everyone's opinion. Much respect for your decision to this gee.
    :mantis:
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

100% the right call. gee, your comments towards me in the past have always been supportive, and they're one of the few reasons I have motivation to keep fiddling with RCT. Thanks bud, and thanks for pushing this controversy towards closure--I know it took a lot balls to spill all of that.

That's what I'm saying. Good to hear all of this is in the past, and we have a strong and supportive crew of Admins to carry us forward. Very excited about NE5. Stoked to have you back, gee. Your comment on Inferno has kept me going all these years, too.

Long live NE! :mantis:
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I haven't been following this site recently since H2H finished, so I'm not sure if I missed anything. But I'm glad you came back and explained yourself gee, I respect you more for doing that

In a perfect world people would've been able to just ignore K0NG's shit so he could've continued to contribute to the RCT side of the site, and some people are really good at that. But at the same time being able to talk bullshit and even sometimes some unnecessarily serious bullshit, is as entertaining as the RCT itself here. But I agree sometimes it gets taken too far and the people mentioned in gee's post are usually the ones responsible for that
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Exactly tyandor, while other game websites, I leave behind when I don't play the games, this game has just been so much a part of my life, especially my teen years. I may not have played the game for a few years, but this community is important to me. I've spent pretty much 1/3rd of my life as part of it, it just feels more like a part of me, all the people here too, I may not talk to anyone here anymore, but I couldn't live without any of them, especially those that know they're special to me. So yeah while this is just a website, the people make it more than anything I've ever known. It really is nothing like I've ever come across, there is so much history and richness to it, it's incredible.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I think it's a real shame that you have banned one of the most skilled parkmakers at the site. He's a member of the 90% club and some people like his personality. I just don't see the need for K0NG to be banned.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I actually think that particular discussion is kind of over. You know, now that all of the individual admins (!) seem to have made the decision in unison.
    Also - more Fiesta stuff showing!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading