Theme Park Discussion / Super G Efteling Photo's

• chorkiel%s's Photo
    Themewise the efteling is brilliant but I guess I for rl, I'd rather see some generic coasters that are great to ride.
    Each his own though.

Pacifi, I think if you do only a slight bit of googling you can find a gazillion brilliant photos of the Efteling. It's for most Dutch coaster-enthousiasts their pride. Themewise the park is genius. They're so perfectionist that it's incredible.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    From the looks of it "De nieuwe kleren van de keizer" seems to be of amazing quality. I love the faces, the clothes the shadows behind the windows. Can't wait to see it for myself!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I've always loved the entrance to this park. So freakin stunning.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

I've always loved the entrance to this park. So freakin stunning.

Agreed, but they should really redo the ticket booths within.... now it's a beautiful shell with some very generic booths inside. Kills part of the magic. :|

DnkvdK looks great. :) Hope I'll be in Kaatsheuvel again in a month or 4 (Winter Efteling has never been for me)
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I actually like the ticket booths. They're cheap, but somehow in a charming way. In any way, they should be kept simple. No Log-ish cabins with all kinds of old crap and nets around. I'd hate that.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Well they don't need to be extremely overthemed, but something like the old booths (adapted form that is) might work:

Posted Image

I just think some plaster and roof tiles would work miracles and complete the magic. And the Efteling sure knows how to use plaster, probably have a neverending package deal for the stuff anyways, so why not go for it? :bandit:
  • Super G%s's Photo
    It's a shame I can't remember that enterance. Maybe not the entrance with a WOW effect, but definately one with charm and it screams Anton Pieck! Oh and Leon, maybe we can meet in the Efteling, would be fun!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Love those photos.

Does "Efteling" mean anything in Dutch?
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Not really ,i think.
    Maybe because of the elfs?
    It's sort of a dream/fantasy park.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Efteling is the naam of the neighbourhood/district the park is in.

It used to be the furthest part away from the center of loon op zand.
    Efteling came from achterling then, achter as in far away. Ling is just a dutch ending for a word. (I don't know how to explain it)

Later it used to be the first neighborhood that would be seen when people came from Holland to Brabant.
    Efteling came from ersteling then, erste would mean first.

People used to then call it ersteling but people started to read the gothic 's' as 'f' so they'd start to call it 'erfteling' which would then degenerate to Efteling.

Source (dutch):http://nl.wikipedia....ng_(buurtschap)
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Thats right indeed. There is also a little pub that is named "Cafe Efteling".

Oh if someone ever goes to there, PM me, I'm sure we can meet!
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Went to the park again yesterday, so here are some pics (mostly dark):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    This is very cool: 3D Mapping on the front of Villa Volta.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Brunooo%s's Photo
    Wow. Amazing pictures.
    I have been there so many times, but every time i visit the Efteling i see new things.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Winter is about to start and with that, a calm period starts. Here are some photo's from the 18th of November, a really calm sunday afternoon with only 3000 guests.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
    This park looks so great. I would take pics of my home park but it is kind of a dump.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Haha.

It's funny that the park was a constant building site since 2006, there are no building projects right now. So this is actually the first time in 6 years when the park hasn't messy dump places.

But now I want to know, what is your homepark then Pacifi?
    Six Flags Magic Mountain
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Is that a dump? I really liked it there back in 2009.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Pictures please.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    pacificoaster you're spoiled in terms of rides available to you and you should be ashamed calling that park a dump, I wish I had a park like SFMM close to me

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading