Contests / New Element Design Challenge - Christmas edition

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Oh crap. With the site being down I completely forgot about my entry haha. Might have to pull an all nighter to finish this one! :'(
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I've been at a party all night and I am now about to sleep. Of course I couldn't submit my entry in time, like many others. A small deadline extension is reasonable. In the end we want a good contest with lots of good entries. I cannot say how long it will be exactly, but be prepared for something like 24 hours in the worst case. This is not an official statement.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Seeing as the site was down for like 2/3 days and only reopened tonight i would say a reasonible deadline would be the 5th of january. I thought the site shut down for the launch of NE5 but fucknows why it shut down. Lazyness?

Keep building.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Not an official statement, but because I know what the issue was:
    The database error apparently is something that can only be worked out by contacting the hosting service. And as gee and posix both were off for the last week of December, there simply was no one here to fix it.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    I was out of town with no computer access until today. Sorry guys.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

Seeing as the site was down for like 2/3 days and only reopened tonight i would say a reasonible deadline would be the 5th of January.

the site being down should not have prevented you from building though so why would a 5 day extension be needed?
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

the site being down should not have prevented you from building though so why would a 5 day extension be needed?

Exactly, It didn't stop me.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I demand a 5 month extension.
    Well it didnt stop me haha. I wasnt building for this in the first place and im not building now, Just simply saying a couple more days to the people who where that may have stopped thinking the site may not be back up in time for one reason or another.

Im just saying. Its happened before for "deadline" comps and should again if the site was down.

Simplezz ;)
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Milo for Admin
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    it helps me with my blackhole issue. haha even tho i'm sure i'll still end up submitting a broken park..
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

I was out of town with no computer access until today. Sorry guys.

No problem Geewhzz, everybody needs a holiday from time to time.
    I'm allready glad that NE is up and running again.

Happy new year Geewhzz.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    In case you didn't read the news post, the deadline has been extended by 48 hours. The new deadline is now January 3rd 2013 0:00 GMT.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    When entering your submissions can you PLEASE put [NEDC2] at the beginning of the name, it's very difficult to distinguish between an NEDC entry and a standard winter submission otherwise.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Around four hours left!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    99%

Expect it tonight.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Shock last minute entry from trav?!?!?!1

(no)
    Is it not around 26 hours left liam? the deadline is 3rd january at 12.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    0:00, is actually the BEGINNING (of the 3rd), like 0 usually stand for.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    People just never seem to learn converting their own time to GMT.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading