(Archive) Advertising District / NEDC2 Screens Topic

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    I know I do build with a lot of brown and gold stylistically, but I believe that's perfectly alright whenever you know how to accent with different colors.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Which you don't ;)

Seriously, there is too much brown and gold.

I also think you're trying to hard to incorperate trackitecture. I've never understood why everyone feels the need to force trackitecture into RCT2. It should only be used when it is absolutely necessary and fits well.

You've improved a lot, but fix a few little things and you will improve even more.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I actually really like his use of trackitecture in this screen.

The colors are my main problem. Your structures are great but you need to develop your eye for color more.

I also don't get what link you're gonna make to christmas/winter.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Architecture looks alright, but the path is a mess! The patches of brick look like vomit.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    I like your road! although it still can be improved.
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    Isn't it suppose to be winter-ish? :S Those colors totally dont work for the objective. :p
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I agree ,mine is in winter style too.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Not bad, but I never understand why people make pathing like that.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    You guys realize that there ARE actually places with no snow on Christmas?
    As long as it has SOMETHING remotely to do with the time of year, we can build whatever we like. We could even build the devil getting beaten up by Santa in hell.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    While this may be true, much of my vote will be based off how well the competitors can meet the challenge.

That screen shows very little Christmas or Winter charm.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

While this may be true, much of my vote will be based off how well the competitors can meet the challenge.

as much as i agree with everything here, casimir's point of snow not equalling christmas shouldn't be ignored. as a former California resident weather most would associate with fall evokes christmas the most to me. if i were participating my entree probably wouldnt be snowy
  • Liampie%s's Photo

The goal of the contest wasn't 'christmas or winter charm', but a winter or christmas related theme. Christmas in Australia is hot and the winter of '44 did not have much charm; yet both fit the objective well - just not your personal interpretation of the objective.

As far as I've seen Shotguns' screen doesn't seem to fit the objective well... But we have to see the whole picture yet, and we don't know the theme. It's very well possible that it makes sense in the end. I hope so, otherwise it will indeed cost you points, Shotguns!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Living in southern California, I know that snow is not present everywhere in the winter. Many things occur in the Winter so this contest is still pretty open ended as said. That statement was just me judging a book by its cover again...
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    living in australia i know that every year bondi beach has an event where santa rocks up on a jet ski and then swims into sure to meet the kids. This day is normally around 30 degrees, well normally. who needs snow to have fun?
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

The goal of the contest wasn't 'christmas or winter charm', but a winter or christmas related theme. Christmas in Australia is hot and the winter of '44 did not have much charm; yet both fit the objective well - just not your personal interpretation of the objective.

As far as I've seen Shotguns' screen doesn't seem to fit the objective well... But we have to see the whole picture yet, and we don't know the theme. It's very well possible that it makes sense in the end. I hope so, otherwise it will indeed cost you points, Shotguns!

Of course I didn't show everything in that part.

EDIT: however, I do know of ways to add a little more christmas in that building.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    i don't know where exactly you took inspiration from (I'm not scrolling through all those comments) but I've never seen Australia that looks like that... I suppose its sort of meant to be outback-y but the architecture just does not fit anything you would find there except maybe the colors. Also, they still put up christmas shit here, even if its not snowy, like trees and bells and white/red/green colors.
  • RMM%s's Photo

As long as it has SOMETHING remotely to do with the time of year, we can build whatever we like. We could even build the devil getting beaten up by Santa in hell.

if that's the case, arjan should've saved his latest accolade entry for this.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Haha lol, don't worry ,i've still got something nice in storage for the contest. :nod:
    I've started working with obj editor ,to make a few items for my christmas release.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Screw it. Obviously unfinished

Attached Image: ni.png
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    watch out with those rooves man, they tend to be texture overkill pretty fast...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading