Theme Park Discussion / Gatekeeper

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    It's starting to look great. Very excited for this coaster. This looks like it will set the tone for the wingriders.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Are you the Keymaster?
  • gir%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    The layout does look immense.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    After riding X-Flight I'm significantly less hyped up about this type of ride. The nature of the wing seating position seems to necessitate slower maneuvers; which while surprisingly powerful (particularly on the outside seats) are also not as exciting as the feeling of speed. None the less this layout looks incredible and very adventurous. It's really what the front of Cedar Point really needed if they want Raptor playing 2nd fiddle up there (it's almost 20 years old!). I'm sure it'll be a great addition to the park and probably land in my top 20 rides (or so), I just don't expect it to threaten MF for best in park or Raptor, Magnum and Blue Streak for the best rides for their wait-times (if you ride them at the right times).

Maverick needs I-305's restraints BADLY too... Requiring riders to tense up and lean into everything to keep the ride tolerable when I can go "ragdoll" limp on I-305 is just unacceptable. I seriously need to take that up with somebody. :|

Ride6
    The Dive Loop Drop is going up now.

Edited the first post. Both images are now of Live Webcams.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    It seems that Gatekeeper might make Cedar Point a lot more scenic. Disaster Transport was a great ride and I loved it when I rode it a few years ago, but it was definitely an eyesore (blocked out a large portion of that beach-front view.) Now you can actually see the lake, and this coaster will probably offer some spectacular views too
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Gir, you win. i loled super hard, and that was before i looked at the post before. :kiss:

FK
    Essentially this coaster is going to be just as much fun to ride as it is going to be to watch. Standing at the entrance plaza and just watching trains going in and out of that keyhole element is going to be very dynamic. Cedar Point made such an incredibly good call removing Disaster Transport for Gatekeeper. As you said the views from the lift hill are going to be great. This coaster will highlight the parks peninsula and Lake Erie. Cedar Point's desire for quality over quantity is one of the many reasons that makes it better than Six Flags Magic Mountain.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Wow, just getting rid of Disaster Transport really changes the feel of that entire area of the park. It's usually a dead spot, especially since the bulkiness of the building blocked out any view of the lake. I'll be riding this soon enough :D
  • RMM%s's Photo

Now you can actually see the ocean

apologize to the ocean.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    @RMM: Now you can actually see the lake. Happy now?
    Engineers don't really need to know that much geography :p
    Christmas tree spotting. LOL
    Posted Image

:X
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    That sure looks like the layout they showed us before... If anything I'm mildly concerned about the progress since it needs to be entirely up for May opening. Though I suppose Gatekeeper's opening could be a pushed back a month or two. I certainly hope not though.

It's definitely a much better looking ride than anything Cedar Point has put in since Millennium Force. And opening up that corner of the park is a great idea. It also felt kinda crammed and between the DT building and the arena thing there was no sense that you were on a beach at all... only Wicked Twister's queue really gave you a clue as to where you were.

Ride6
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I think they'll have this up and running in time for opening. In fact they pretty much need to as, don't forget, they also are building a new entrance that interacts with the ride. From what I've seen in pictures and can tell from the webcam, they're working on the footers for the keyhole and the framework for the station right now.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    ^lol, that's a good point... did I just make a Cedar Point joke?

Posted Image

Posted Image

First piece of track going into the keyhole now.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Let the perverted jokes begin...
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    i didnt think of it until you said that

therefore

it looks like sex

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading