General Chat / NE Social Media

• Kumba%s's Photo
    The swearing adds nothing, but bleeps are funny. Thing is I am 99% sure I did not drop that F-bomb during the interview. It was before, or after I think... Way to edit me trav! lol. Also Liam, I don't have a microphone, so I don't need a better one, I just need one. I normally sit around cursing at my laptop, but this was a unique experience with it getting recorded :p

Overall I thought it went pretty well. I was not very excited by the topic, but it was a fun little chat.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    THAT WAS ME DROPPING THE F-BOMB

you said it in the after talk
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I said far worse in the after chat :p

Funny, I can't tell my own voice apart from the voice of a gay Brit *shrug* :lol:
  • trav%s's Photo
    Haha yeah, I didn't edit in any F-bombs from you Kumba, don't worry. I also found out in our chat that I've been pronouncing your name wrong, sorry about that.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeh, I found that out, in the after chat lol after I pronounced Pierrot so well too :(
  • Version1%s's Photo
    Already told you on youtube, but great podcast guys. It's great to hear the opinions of great RCT players about RCT. The topics were interesting and very good picked for the first show, I think. So keep it up :mantis:

I hope you consider doing videos with Ingame material (like park reviews), because I enjoy watching them alot (infact RCT2 videos brought me back to RCT). I kinda had the idea of doing Park reviews for every NE accolade, but in december i got the feeling, that the interest in it isn't really big. But I still think that was more about my english and my skills as a RCT player that blocked that project. But I think you guys would be able to do something really great.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We are recording our first 'Lets Play RCT' session tomorrow. So there will be a lot of in game videos with commentary coming up :)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Looking forward to that for sure.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Be sure to disable comments on youtube and open a topic here. I actually missed the first podcast for a while because it was hidden in a topic somewhere.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah for the 'Lets Play' comments will be disabled so that it will work like an Ad Topic in here. We felt for the podcast's there wasnt a need to comments to be disabled as we didn't think there would be much discussion on it, clearly we were wrong.

Comments are being monitored closely though.

And yeh, there will be a seperate topic shortly for youtube videos so that links will be clearly on display.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    this was great! i'm going to start building again bc i don't want to feel weird asking to be on

Did he? I don't get how the image relates to 'faggot' but ok :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-55wC5dEnc

it was probably just wordplay, i don't think he really meant it
  • Fisch%s's Photo

We need a black guy.

I'm your man. Would happily take part in a podcast. :)
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
  • nin%s's Photo
    The fact that this actually got some people to build blows my mind. This comment by Steve stuck with me:

hearing people actually SPEAK about the game is exciting because for the past 10 years we've only been reading about it

It's not 100% accurate, but you get his point. I'm excited for more.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Ha, thanks nin. It has even inspired me to build again, and I tried using my decrepit Windows desktop it runs on and it was just not having it. Whoever wants to teach me how to use BootCamp, please do so. I'll pay you (not really, but please?).
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    i'm in the same boat as steve. i've kinda got access to a pc but it's not mine and i can only use it like an hour a day, if that
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    SOMEBODY PLEASE TEACH STEVE HOW TO USE BOOTCAMP
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Steve, I run on a Mac as well but I use Parallels. It's $80 normally but only $40 if you say you're a student. (and there's no real way they can prove you're not a student I think even if you aren't) What's nice about it is that you A) don't have to dedicate a certain amount of hard drive space to it, and B) you don't need to restart your Mac to switch between windows and OS X. Google Parallels Desktop and it should be the first link that comes up. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Trust me, bootcamp is easier. I've done parallels, bootcamp, and virtualbox. Nothing compares to bootcamp because its just the plain easiest to use because you are literally in windows, not a window of windows. Just partition enough that you know you won't need more unless you have an external drive. That was my problem, my content increased but the partition cannot unless you redo it entirely. Thats why I am on virtualbox now, it dynamically expands as you require it to. I do plan on eventually moving back to bootcamp, its just so much more straightforward, and much faster since your computer isnt technically running two OSs at the same time.

If you do decide to go with Virtualbox (which is freeware) talk to Casimir, he uses it for his RCT and has it much more dialed than I do.

EDIT to get back on topic:

I really enjoyed the podcast. Its always funny to match voices to a name and personality of one which you've known for years. I really think Steve hit the nail on the head. It is a bigger thing than I think most of us realized until now, its amazing to actually be able to talk about the game. For me, I am the only one I know who plays the damn thing, and my GF rolls her eyes every time she hears the sound of Windows booting up because she knows whats up. Oh yeah, she knows.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    So...Fisch is black? :batman:

Love all the attention this is bringing, and even though I was building before this podcast, it just makes me want to play even more.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading