General Chat / NE Social Media

• Casimir%s's Photo
    Fisch actually is a brotha.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    let's play? !!! thats awesome!

btw I loved the podcast. I think my favorite part was when you guys were talking about h2h6 stuff at the end, joking about trav not being a captain. I reckon there should be a section on current happenings and releases and stuff (I know this has already been mentioned, but I support it) where you guys offer your thoughts on whats going on. Could be funny, and is certainly interesting especially as I have a part in what's happening now, as opposed to just discussion of the future which could feel a little... detached?

anyway, awesome work, looking forward to the let's play!

haha, I also never knew fisch was black! the more you know... :)
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

let's play? !!! thats awesome!

btw I loved the podcast. I think my favorite part was when you guys were talking about h2h6 stuff at the end, joking about trav not being a captain. I reckon there should be a section on current happenings and releases and stuff (I know this has already been mentioned, but I support it) where you guys offer your thoughts on whats going on. Could be funny, and is certainly interesting especially as I have a part in what's happening now, as opposed to just discussion of the future which could feel a little... detached?

anyway, awesome work, looking forward to the let's play!

haha, I also never knew fisch was black! the more you know... :)/>

I knew for sure once I saw a picture of him.

Posted Image
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^haha

speaking of rct on macs, just stumbled on this over at TPR, if anyone's interested...

http://themeparkrevi...php?f=3&t=62472

not sure how you could delete scenery without the right click but it looks pretty damn solid.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We had a few issues yesterday getting the let's play up and running. Doing it on one computer with one person commentating (like usual) is easy, but geting it to work on two screens, with two people commenting, and no lag is a little bit more difficult :p

We felt we want to stand out from the rest and decided to carry on trying to get this two person deal working so that not only will our lets play be of higher quality, it will also wont be monotone and be funny to listen too.

So yeah, we've sorted out the teething problems, and should be good to go when we find a date to re-record. We've got plans for LL and RCT2 versions.
  • Version1%s's Photo

We felt we want to stand out from the rest and decided to carry on trying to get this two person deal working so that no only will our lets play be of higher quality, it will also wont be monotone and be funny to listen too.

Do you have a solution for this? We at RCT2germany didn't, so we still believe there is no way to let the one guy see, what the other one is building. We usually let one person build the entire thing and record the ingame material and upload this to youtube. Afterwards the two commentators can record the sound while watching the video. That is in my experience not perfect but at least one way.
  • trav%s's Photo

Do you have a solution for this? We at RCT2germany didn't, so we still believe there is no way to let the one guy see, what the other one is building. We usually let one person build the entire thing and record the ingame material and upload this to youtube. Afterwards the two commentators can record the sound while watching the video. That is in my experience not perfect but at least one way.

We have hopefully figured out a way but it's a pain in the arse to set up.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'm gonna set up my end now through those guides I sent you yesterday. Hopefully we can record during the day 2moro or Friday before recording the next podcast Friday eve?
  • Steve%s's Photo

^haha

speaking of rct on macs, just stumbled on this over at TPR, if anyone's interested...

not sure how you could delete scenery without the right click but it looks pretty damn solid.

Holy shit this looks easy and amazing and I am so trying this out today, holy shit.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I don't know how exactly he did it but I remember a friend showing me his computer through skype.

You can always use programs like teamviewer of course.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Showing it through skype isn't the problem, we've got that all sorted, the problem is that you cant show full screen applications through any screen sharing software (we tried loads). So we've had to go through a different route.
  • Steve%s's Photo

^haha

Sorry to go off topic from the podcast and what not, but this thing works, basically. The steps worked pretty easily but at the end of it all, I had to download the No CD patch for RCT2 and THEN it actually worked. So yeah, I finally got the game to work on my Macbook and I may or may not shed actual tears.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I'm shedding tears for you, Steve.
  • posix%s's Photo
    My opinion is you should take your time with the new podcast and make it perfect. You've tried Teamviewer? Otherwise just throwing this in: http://lifehacker.co...e-desktop-tools

I think newer versions of Fraps also let you stream your screen while gaming but I'm not sure.

I also once tried this "BroadCam Video Streaming Server" for a similar purpose. The homepage looks shit but the suite of tools by NCH Software actually turned out to be super powerful and very capable of what they are designed for.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We are taking our time :) That's why we are recording the next podcast friday and giving us a week to edit/iron out things before it's released on youtube :)

For the let's play business, Fraps just didn't work for me, and I dont want to shell out £25 for the full version, not if I can't get the free version to work.

I'll look into what you've linked us to, so thanks for them, we've got a couple of options still to try out though, so we'll just keep trying to make it work.
  • trav%s's Photo
    The thing is we can stream but we can't screen share and stream at the same time. If I just stream it with Louis without screen sharing then he will be like 20 - 30 seconds behind me so won't be able to comment on what I'm actually building.

The way we have found will hopefully allow us to screen share and record at the same time, so as to make for a more entertaining video. I mean, who doesn't want to hear two Brits talk about shit that most likely has nothing to do with Rct whilst playing the game?!

Plus, if our test run is anything to go by, it will actually be pretty funny.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

Sorry to go off topic from the podcast and what not, but this thing works, basically. The steps worked pretty easily but at the end of it all, I had to download the No CD patch for RCT2 and THEN it actually worked. So yeah, I finally got the game to work on my Macbook and I may or may not shed actual tears.

maybe we should set up a little ask the expert topic for it? so others can see?
  • Steve%s's Photo

maybe we should set up a little ask the expert topic for it? so others can see?

I was thinking the same. Was planning on posting it in the morning! :)
  • JJ%s's Photo
    so looking forward to it heh
  • MCI%s's Photo

I mean, who doesn't want to hear two Brits talk about shit that most likely has nothing to do with Rct whilst playing the game?!

That worked pretty well for two germans talking about shit that most likely has nothing to do with Rct whilst playing the game...

The Fraps full version cant record RcT2 either, I´ve tried that ;)

mfg.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading