(Archive) Advertising District / Busch Gardens: Ports of Adventure

• Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

Posted Image

Hey guys, this is my second attempt at a park. I'm putting Singapore Disneyland on hold indefinitely until I regain my inspiration to finish the project. I had so many ideas for what I wanted Wonderland to be that it started to work against me. So in the mean time I've decided to work on something a little less intense and something more fun. So I give you, Busch Gardens: Ports of Adventure!

Unlike the two Busch Gardens parks in existence which are each themed to specific continents, Busch Gardens: Ports of Adventure will take you around the world within a day inside the park. Guests will journey through colorful themed lands themed after different regions and continents of the world, and get a taste of what it would be like if they were to really visit these countries.

In addition to the theme park itself, guests will get the opportunity to experience an outdoor mall with luxury brand stores, fine dining, and entertainment, being very similar to Universal's CityWalk or Downtown Disney in terms of style.

The entrance plaza to the outdoor mall (currently unnamed).
    Posted Image

Let's take the journey together. More to come!
    -DI
  • XCars%s's Photo
    I think this is already an improvement! I'd change the roof textures though.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Really liking that tower, and the building behind it is pretty good too, but you might want to look into changing that wooden structure sticking out from it, looks kinda blocky and random. Still, pretty good screen though
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Really liking that tower, and the building behind it is pretty good too, but you might want to look into changing that wooden structure sticking out from it, looks kinda blocky and random. Still, pretty good screen though

I'm not. It's out of style of everything else.

Good job elsewhere, really.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I really like it, but your object selection could be refined a bit more. That lantern is terrible, as well as the top of the tower. And as stated before, the roof texture is bad.
    Otherwise, great job!
  • nin%s's Photo
    dat pirates of the caribbean font.

This is seriously a huge step up from your other work. The theme is more clear, but could stand for a bit of refinement. I'd say that the tower and the building behind it are two different scales, especially looking at the size of the windows compared to the walls (looking at the building here).

I'd also change the black roof to some sort of TT block, just to keep the textures looking better. Most people use them, and they just tend to look so much better than what you're using here. But still, this is just so much better than that other park you had going and I'm waiting for more.

I think this is already an improvement! I'd change the roof textures though.

Thank you! I agree, I have a few other roofing pieces in mind...though it would totally change the architectural style I was aiming for. But we'll try them out. I was going for a Moroccan meets African hut sorta style with this one. This will be a Starbucks. I will also be doing interiors to a lot of the buildings in the mall.

I probably should have mentioned: the wooden structure is actually a giant pergola that spans across the entry plaza. I'll show a picture once it's at its finest. Thanks man.

I'm not. It's out of style of everything else.

Good job elsewhere, really.

Not sure I understand. First: What is out of style?, and if you're referring to not liking the tower, you like everything else? o.O

I really like it, but your object selection could be refined a bit more. That lantern is terrible, as well as the top of the tower. And as stated before, the roof texture is bad.
    Otherwise, great job!

I see your point and will most likely switch out these pieces. Not really feeling them after hearing your opinion. Thank you sir!

dat pirates of the caribbean font.

Why, yes it is! :lol:/>

This is seriously a huge step up from your other work. The theme is more clear, but could stand for a bit of refinement. I'd say that the tower and the building behind it are two different scales, especially looking at the size of the windows compared to the walls (looking at the building here).

I'd also change the black roof to some sort of TT block, just to keep the textures looking better. Most people use them, and they just tend to look so much better than what you're using here. But still, this is just so much better than that other park you had going and I'm waiting for more.

Yeah, I'll have to figure out the sizing; I see your point. And I love your idea of using blocks as the roofs, I love that set (its probably my favorite at the moment, can use those blocks for almost anything!). Thank you so much. I have much more to show you!

Thanks for the comments!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    You see the way you built the other part?

The tower is uncharacteristic of that way or theme of building.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Wow, you're improving so rapidly, very good to see, and it looks like you're getting the hang of the smaller objects :)/>/>
    For the screen, I would add some more objects on the path, like trash cans, benches, planters, signs, etc... Nice work, keep it up!
  • hulkpower25%s's Photo
    I agree,the roof on the first building is horrible and lantern is terrible, you should also change the on the tower.great work
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think the tower is pretty awesome and original. Gates at the bottom would make it even better.

It's the other two buildings that are generic, and spoiled by ugly textures and blocky uninspired shapes. With the right reference pictures I can see you doing great things though, especially considering this is only your second attempt at a park.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    This is actually really interesting. When you posted your first park, I thought, great another n00b. But this shows a lot of promise.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Looks cool but fix the roofs. And by that I mean every roof. The textures are horrible.

You see the way you built the other part?

The tower is uncharacteristic of that way or theme of building.

So you're saying the building isn't cohesive with the tower? I've edited the bottom building now to match the tower itself.

Wow, you're improving so rapidly, very good to see, and it looks like you're getting the hang of the smaller objects :)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
    For the screen, I would add some more objects on the path, like trash cans, benches, planters, signs, etc... Nice work, keep it up!

Yeah, I'm working on that. Thanks!

I agree,the roof on the first building is horrible and lantern is terrible, you should also change the on the tower.great work

Thanks!

I think the tower is pretty awesome and original. Gates at the bottom would make it even better.

It's the other two buildings that are generic, and spoiled by ugly textures and blocky uninspired shapes. With the right reference pictures I can see you doing great things though, especially considering this is only your second attempt at a park.

Added the gates. I've looked up a few resource photos of Morocco. I'll most likely be remodeling a little to give a distinct, Moroccan vibe.

This is actually really interesting. When you posted your first park, I thought, great another n00b. But this shows a lot of promise.

lol, thanks Louis!

Looks cool but fix the roofs. And by that I mean every roof. The textures are horrible.

Roofs have been fixed. Thanks.

A minor update; a few changes have been made. The turquoise Arabian dome was taken off, looks a lot better now. I also removed the straw roofs from Starbucks (don't know what it is with me and straw roofs! I guess I should completely stay away from them) and replaced them with clay to match the sides of the building. Took Liampie's advice and added a gate. Also added a little more detail to the tower's lower section - the building itself (which you'll see more of later).

Posted Image
  • nin%s's Photo
    Already so much better. Do't be afraid to use roof objects though, just for future reference. Not every building top has to be flat. Also. it'll probably look better if the tops were still black instead of pink, tan, and grey.

The tower does look much better too.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Indeed big improvement.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I didn't realize that the grey thing at the bottom was meant to be the actual park entrance..? If so it does need a bit of refinement.
  • hulkpower25%s's Photo
    excellent on the changes, still change the latern with objects that make it look more realistic
  • panther33%s's Photo
    If thats the park entrance, its going to need a lot more detail than just that. And be ready for a lot of landscaping, I've been to both Busch parks including Seaworld Orlando, so if you need any help, let me know!
  • Milo%s's Photo
    It's cool to see a new guy with visible improvement screen to screen. Nice work and keep playing.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading